REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   06 G35 headlight conversion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597027-06-g35-headlight-conversion.html)

blackk 11-20-2009 01:07 PM

06 G35 headlight conversion

hey i need help asap, i plan on purchasing g35 06 headlights but these headlights dont come with ballast or a bulb. i was wondering if the 04 ballast and bulb would work for the 06 conversion. Any ideas guys? the guy told me the 04 ballast would work but i need to confirm that before i buy it so i dont gotta spend extra shit on a conversion kit. Thanks in advance

RabidRat 11-20-2009 01:32 PM

What kinda incompatibility are you worried about, that your old ballasts won't screw into the same places they used to? You could just zip tie it down, it's not that big a problem.

n/m you're probably worried about where it plugs into the harness.

blackk 11-20-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabidRat (Post 6692363)
What kinda incompatibility are you worried about, that your old ballasts won't screw into the same places they used to? You could just zip tie it down, it's not that big a problem.

n/m you're probably worried about where it plugs into the harness.

i called nissan and my bodyshop, they said they dunno, so im just worried an 04 ballast wont be compatible with the 06 projector xenons. i dont know much about these things but i think you get the judst of it. I want to buy it but im really worried that it might not work :(

Leopold Stotch 11-20-2009 02:21 PM

i'm not 100% sure.
but the ballast should work

the bulb will work for sure. but since the the 03-05 have non projected headlights the bulb they use, a D2R is coated so it doesn't have as much glare, meaning it won't be as bright as the preferred bulb for the 06+ lights, which are the D2S

it might be easier for you to put new bulbs in now, since it's quite time consuming to change the bulbs later. took me about 25-30 minutes to change the fog light and clearance light on both sides.

Edit: i just poked around a bit

if you take a look at the info sticker on the ballast itself it should say it's D2R D2S compatible, so it should work for both headlights, and both bulbs.

if you find this all too confusing, i'll buy the headlights from you. :D

!SG 11-20-2009 03:05 PM

yes they do

have done the swap before. just gotta make sure ur old set has the projectors as well. if not u need new bulbs, but the ballasts transfer over.

the main main main difference between the d2R and d2s, is the sheld on the d2R bulbs on the bulb part itself.

Super Dipper 11-20-2009 08:22 PM

swap everything over from your old lights to the new lights and you will be good to go. i hope you got a new set of lights and not a used set off ebay that were a warrenty set that are misaligned and fuck up the beam pattern

blackk 11-21-2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Dipper (Post 6692814)
swap everything over from your old lights to the new lights and you will be good to go. i hope you got a new set of lights and not a used set off ebay that were a warrenty set that are misaligned and fuck up the beam pattern

oh man that sounds scary but no i didnt get them off ebay. i got them from a guy locally here, i hope he didnt get them off ebay LOL :mad: seemed like a good guy though, fellow g35 driver himself and those were just an extra pair he had cause he had 2 g35s. but yeah im gonna get them installed soon and get some 6000k bulbs in there.

Thanks for all your help guys:thumbsup: maybe ill post a pic when i get it done

Leopold Stotch 11-21-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackk (Post 6693214)
oh man that sounds scary but no i didnt get them off ebay. i got them from a guy locally here, i hope he didnt get them off ebay LOL :mad: seemed like a good guy though, fellow g35 driver himself and those were just an extra pair he had cause he had 2 g35s. but yeah im gonna get them installed soon and get some 6000k bulbs in there.

Thanks for all your help guys:thumbsup: maybe ill post a pic when i get it done

not to scare you, theoretically they could still be the recalled one.

but hopefully they're not.

6insomnia9 11-21-2009 11:34 AM

What the fuck , when did you buy them? holy fuck eh..
call me when you wake up, lets go install them