REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Euro Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/euro-tech-resources_318/)
-   -   Its official now. Im now a training parts advisor for Brian Jessel BMW! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597038-its-official-now-im-now-training-parts-advisor-brian-jessel-bmw.html)

!SG 11-20-2009 02:46 PM

Its official now. Im now a training parts advisor for Brian Jessel BMW!

YUP, yay. really happy because i get to try out all these ideas in my head. and im back in the auto industry, selling parts, doing what i love!

I'll keep you guys informed and be the first to give you IPO's (Initial Public Offering) on stuff!

AND YES, ill sneak in a discount where i can =D

Also, i think they are letting me push some ideas, u know, public unveilings of new cars, that generally need an special invite to see *hint* *hint*

You guys that knew me and delt with me at Advance know ill always take care of an RS member!
unless you low ball me then expect to be banned...

Puahaha!

Qmx323 11-20-2009 03:03 PM

oooohhhhh congratz man, i hope i can have a job i like in the future

!SG 11-20-2009 03:08 PM

yeah, im pretty stoked. i took a year off to focus on my own stuff, and RS. but decided i really liked the time i had when i worked at Advance. but i wanted to apply it to a big corp and big company like Brian Jessel BMW, so i gave it a try, and applied.

Im freakin stoked they gonna take a chance on me! :D

Qmx323 11-20-2009 03:18 PM

too bad i don't drive a BMW LOL or you can hook me up with some parts :)

Gh0stRider 11-20-2009 03:54 PM

Congrats. Did u meet BJ?
Posted via RS Mobile

!SG 11-20-2009 04:08 PM

yup,

i was told that brian jessel himself likes to meet every new employee.

Yeah it was kinda intimidating, but im a humble person, and anyone that has that level of success is always intimidating!

come on, if i owned a dealership, there would be nothing that isnt modified in there! the vending machine would be cambered out! ur pop can comes out with a huge lip! :lol

sexyaccord 11-20-2009 04:48 PM

congrats!
whats your name SG?
i'll drop by and say hi sometimes

!SG 11-20-2009 06:09 PM

Shoei. Cant miss me. I look like that happy luck buddha (choi sun) hahaha.

CorneringArtist 11-20-2009 08:11 PM

Congrats man. I tried to apply there as a weekend lot boy some time ago...but it was a long shot. Hope to hear more about these "special invite" events...

Hope you make something successful out of it.

Osaka 11-20-2009 08:15 PM

Congrats bro! Will have to drop by and visit you one of these days!

skyxx 11-20-2009 11:40 PM

Man, the Service bays/shop is A/C'd. Awesome stuff! :lol

!SG 11-23-2009 09:09 AM

what?!> really? the service bay is A/C'd????? man thats awesome!

tommorow being my first day, im gonna have to draw a map of the place. it will look somewhat like those directories found at the mall, color coded, and you are here signs everywhere!

dohboi 11-23-2009 09:17 AM

work with Jen she's cute =)

!SG 11-23-2009 08:46 PM

ok, if i happen to find who jen is, i will tell her that Will stalks her, and she should get a restraining order set up. =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by dohboi (Post 6696109)
work with Jen she's cute =)

tiger_handheld 11-23-2009 09:18 PM

u should tell brian jessel about RS--he'll be impressed, i'm sure of it!

dohboi 11-24-2009 07:16 AM

SG I guess i'll be seeing you at least once a month for the next 3 years since the stupid 3 series has so many warranty defects. I'll see you hopefully on sat.

projectz 12-03-2009 08:48 PM

the parts guys at BJ usually treat me pretty well. Good luck with your new job.

freakshow 12-08-2009 01:40 PM

Can you sneak me a discount from the service dept? :p

chris_89T 12-27-2009 11:50 AM

Nice, congratulations! Brian Jessel BMW is a damn nice place. Makes my workplace look like a crap shack in comparison. The first time i went there, i thought it was a joke that they had their own cafe there. I heard they keep all there customers winter tires in that big tower in there and they have a multi level parts sytem and parts picker?

A co-worker of mine was good friends with one of the guys who works in parts. Not sure if he still works there, cant remember his name but i know he was on leave for some injury. Darren i think?

!SG 12-27-2009 05:33 PM

I havent met Darren before, but yeah, i heard he is on sick leave.

the multi pevel parts system machine you are talking about is called Remstar. Its completely awesome for small to medium parts and od shaped parts cuz it has bins to store everything. we have one just for tires as well, makes storing tires easy and easy and fast for the advisors to grab too!

Its really fast pace there, the first couple weeks i was really thrown back at how fast everyone works and how the word teamwork really is in play! everyone is important, otherwise things slow down and thus a kink in the road to getting a bmw back on the road!

Brian Jessel BMW is HUGE!!! even have to use other levels for storage too! Im really fortunate, great manager, great staff, great team i work with. You know how everyoen worries about fitting in, at a new work place? Well they made me feel welcomed, which made my worries go bye.

The cafe is nice as it gives you an option for a good lunch. There arent that many places around, like decent selection, but so much nicer to have a cafe in there.!

They also have a bday cake every month for everyone that was born that month, never really saw this at previous places i worked, it seems like a small token, but it makes everyone feel like they are part of a family. heck, i dont even get a bday cake on my own bday from my own family =P

There are stressful times, but that is with every company, so long as everyone helps everyone out, things go fast! Im not a person that liked standing around so i even try to step up my game, help the parts advisors out getting their parts when i can. i learn faster where everything is, and they benefit by being able to multi task on geting the order processed faster! Even though im the new one there, i dont want to be the slow one there =) Self motivated!

They got me in shipping/inventory for now to learn the ropes, and even though ive had friends give me crap about it, im thankful that bj bmw thought that way. its much easier to learn back there first.

!SG 12-27-2009 05:36 PM

haha, your gonna have to give me a while, there are sooooo many things to learn. warranties, how parts get ordered, picked, put together for an order....

I dont really know the service guys much as their office is on the other side of the building. i met a few of them, and they seem nice enough that if i owned a bmw, id totally go see them for help!

If you need parts, you can talk to any one of the parts staff. I've been helping Thomas the most as i kinda knew him back in the day when he was at honda, also takes the time to explain things. But all of the parts guys are great! We are currently 2 ppl short, one is on sick leave, and one is on maternity leave until march. Im just happy no one has blown up at me with my constant stupid questions! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by dohboi (Post 6697782)
SG I guess i'll be seeing you at least once a month for the next 3 years since the stupid 3 series has so many warranty defects. I'll see you hopefully on sat.

chris_89T 12-27-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6744650)
I havent met Darren before, but yeah, i heard he is on sick leave.

the multi pevel parts system machine you are talking about is called Remstar. Its completely awesome for small to medium parts and od shaped parts cuz it has bins to store everything. we have one just for tires as well, makes storing tires easy and easy and fast for the advisors to grab too!

Its really fast pace there, the first couple weeks i was really thrown back at how fast everyone works and how the word teamwork really is in play! everyone is important, otherwise things slow down and thus a kink in the road to getting a bmw back on the road!

Brian Jessel BMW is HUGE!!! even have to use other levels for storage too! Im really fortunate, great manager, great staff, great team i work with. You know how everyoen worries about fitting in, at a new work place? Well they made me feel welcomed, which made my worries go bye.

The cafe is nice as it gives you an option for a good lunch. There arent that many places around, like decent selection, but so much nicer to have a cafe in there.!

They also have a bday cake every month for everyone that was born that month, never really saw this at previous places i worked, it seems like a small token, but it makes everyone feel like they are part of a family. heck, i dont even get a bday cake on my own bday from my own family =P

There are stressful times, but that is with every company, so long as everyone helps everyone out, things go fast! Im not a person that liked standing around so i even try to step up my game, help the parts advisors out getting their parts when i can. i learn faster where everything is, and they benefit by being able to multi task on geting the order processed faster! Even though im the new one there, i dont want to be the slow one there =) Self motivated!

They got me in shipping/inventory for now to learn the ropes, and even though ive had friends give me crap about it, im thankful that bj bmw thought that way. its much easier to learn back there first.

Thats awesome! Ive been there a few times its very nice. I find in terms of pricing park shore has the best pricing, next is brian jessel then bmw store and autowest are tied for last.

For the M owners, we all know how crappy it is when you have to buy TWS at 20$ a liter (14 if your lucky).

I might be aquiring your services! I find myself needing to order parts for my car, but i just dont have the time to drive down there or even call at times. I work at a dealer so i work the same hours you guys do lol. Do RS members get a discount :D

I think for the most part, starting in the back is the best. Every dealership runs a little different than others, so learning the process when your not directly dealing with customers is best then eventually make your way up!

!SG 01-01-2010 10:44 PM

yeah, for me the hardest part is finding my place there. Im the new guy so im never sure what my job duties are, especially when each person within shipping has their own duties as well. So ive been picking the odd duties. I've started taking on the duties of putting parts away that are designated for the remstar, and i try to keep parts in line and easy to grab for the parts advisors when i can. I try to keep the front shelves stocked up with jugs of coolant, and oil so that the parts guys dont have to run to the back near shipping where all the bulk coolant is stored.

So far, its been a little over 1 month there, and im loving it! Some can knock it all they want, but shipping is a very big part of the parts department. If we dont keep the shelves stocked up, and make sure every part is in its right place, then the parts advisors are screwed! They have to hunt down the item, which means spending more needless time on something they shouldnt need to. At the same time, we are piecing the orders together to be shipped out, and or delivered out.

Im still learning, since its my first dealership job, so thus there are things i never knew before that need to be done.

I've also kinda started taking on responsibility to do the bin checks. And doing parts runs for some of the parts advisors.

Im sure every dealership is slightly different, but im also sure each one has their own systems set up for things like this!

haha, ive never hated floor mats so much in my life until now =P