REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Its official now. Im now a training parts advisor for Brian Jessel BMW! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597039-its-official-now-im-now-training-parts-advisor-brian-jessel-bmw.html)

?NR 11-22-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor (Post 6693533)
ugh i hate reynolds.. so 1980's...

btw, add me to the list of multi-career 'suckers'
- started off wanting to be an architect (took 4 years of drafting in school)
- saw Top Gun and decided I was going to be a fighter pilot (joined cadets)
- got my ppl but realised I would never be a fighter pilot cuza my eyes, so I decided to be a commercial pilot instead, and spent $40k on that.
- got all my licences and decided I did not want to spend 4+ years working in buttfuck BC
- spent 6 years in the hospitality industry, which actually was a ton of fun, made great friends, and learned how to deal with people properly and what real customer service is!
- now I'm selling cars and after 2 years+ I've learned more in this business then you can learn in any school. Honestly.

If you spend your whole life in one career, you may be exceptionally good at that, but you'll suck arse at everything else. I'd rather be a well rounded person.

Hey SG!, how much for a cup holder for a '99 E39 528i? Mines broken..

about $50 retail for the front cupholder for E39

Reynold > ADP :lol

!SG 11-22-2009 10:02 AM

wow, didnt know about the knight n day next door.

but then its for the better. they just havent been up to par, not like years ago when they still had the knight n day location in richmond.

!SG 11-22-2009 10:02 AM

me love e39's!

skyxx 11-22-2009 01:14 PM

Are you gonna buy a BMW as your next car. :eek: :lol

thumper 11-22-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6694497)
wow, didnt know about the knight n day next door.

but then its for the better. they just havent been up to par, not like years ago when they still had the knight n day location in richmond.

wow... that knight and day has been there since... forever.

what's next.... mcdonalds? :eek:

!SG 11-22-2009 04:49 PM

wow that position was opened for a year. then im really greatful they giving me a try. my only auto parts experience was at advance, and i told that to them. i even said i didnt know the reynolds system, but only played around with it via websites that use the system for their online parts stores.

i get to start the day after the Brian Jessel BMW Christmas party =) haha.

babyshortie 11-22-2009 07:18 PM

the party was tonight!!

Spaceship_coupe 11-22-2009 07:23 PM

Congrats Shoei!! Maybe I'll see you when I drop off some stuffs.

BTW, babyshortie do you work at the front counter/reception area?

dink 11-22-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyshortie (Post 6695189)
the party was tonight!!

and it was great! thank youuuuuuuu

!SG 11-23-2009 02:34 AM

gezzz, there are a lot of guys on here that work there huh?

ok, well, dont make me feel like a goof and a stranger on tuesday. I'll answer to either shoei or SG, im use to ppl calling me by my user name.

babyshortie 11-23-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prelude_2_NV (Post 6695199)
Congrats Shoei!! Maybe I'll see you when I drop off some stuffs.

BTW, babyshortie do you work at the front counter/reception area?

i used to :)

see you tomorrow shoei! WELCOME!

Cman333 11-23-2009 10:47 AM

I remember there were some cute female service advisors there. Make sure to keep it up.

You might see me there soon.

VR6GTI 11-23-2009 10:53 AM

The parts department at BJBMW are total noobs. Terrible customer service because no 1 knows whats going on there.

!SG 11-23-2009 11:00 AM

well, if thats the case, i hope i can change your opinion.

Those that have delt with me on and off RS, and when i was at Advance, know i pride myself on providing the best customer service, no BS, treat every person with respect attitude. I do not plan on changing that fact about me.

the thing u gotta understand is that if u have ordered any part from any dealership, u will see the part number is like 000-000-000L or something. u know how many possibilities there are in that part number? slip ups happen, its however how well the person deals with it that counts. acknowledging of the slip up, and swift action is what matters. accidents, mix ups, they happen, no matter how hard you train or do well at ur job. Parts guys are human too.

Death2Theft 11-23-2009 11:43 AM

They say that it would cost 3 times as much to build a 135 from parts than buying a new one.
Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6692482)
sure sure. ill be the guy piecing together his own beamer in the back lot with all the spare parts! hahahaha.

falcon 11-23-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2Theft (Post 6696319)
They say that it would cost 3 times as much to build a 135 from parts than buying a new one.

That's normal. A new engine for a BMW G450X is 6k, the Ohlins rear shock is 2k. The bike, new... is 8k. Try to figure that one out...

q0192837465 11-23-2009 01:52 PM

congrats, I'll be needing some parts for my repair, should I PM u?

Oh, and I dunno if I should mention it, but I dun really like that Jackie guy in the service department or wutever. He screwed me over a couple of times.

DD//M3 11-23-2009 02:35 PM

Bought my car at BJ.

Good to see someone in the parts dept. on here.

Also it's:

Beamer = Motorcycles.

Bimmer = Cars.

Get that right and you are golden! :thumbsup:

moomooCow 11-23-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD//M3 (Post 6696576)
Bought my car at BJ.

Good to see someone in the parts dept. on here.

Also it's:

Beamer = Motorcycles.

Bimmer = Cars.

Get that right and you are golden! :thumbsup:

Is that true?? I never knew that!

!SG 11-23-2009 06:07 PM

thats also new to me

beam her = drunkeness being recorded for you tube! :lol

but yes, i frequent that john volk motorcycle shop on grandview hwy often... mmmmmMm, 2 wheels!

so my question is...

where do you guys park when u work at brian jessel bmw?

NSX 11-23-2009 06:30 PM

^^haha Shoei, park at subway, in the cop spot. lol. Actually, I see them parked all over boundary road. Guess they get there early.

Dont forget to set you alarm tonight dude!

!SG 11-23-2009 06:48 PM

should i put some lube around the tail pipe... u know, in case my car gets raped =P

Just curious because i did drive aroudn to see where to park. broadway/lougheed cant park from 3-6pm

and parking is very limited on boundary.

i guess parking a few blocks away isnt bad.

NSX 11-23-2009 06:50 PM

^^park at AK, and get a ride there =) haha. Oh yea, you should watch that huge ditch entrance on boundary, in front of reflex supplements. Eveyone drives sideways around that monster. And that damned speedbump right after you turn right.

dink 11-23-2009 07:00 PM

some people park on lougheed, but you have to move your car at 3pm. others park at mcd.

!SG 11-23-2009 07:00 PM

i already 3 wheel when i enter off the front enterance on boundary. =( its ok, i dont qualify as customer parking anymore! =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhalsim (Post 6696977)
^^park at AK, and get a ride there =) haha. Oh yea, you should watch that huge ditch entrance on boundary, in front of reflex supplements. Eveyone drives sideways around that monster. And that damned speedbump right after you turn right.