REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/toyota-lexus-tech-resources_311/)
-   -   2003 Toyota Headlight Replacement (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597322-2003-toyota-headlight-replacement.html)

Canada-Goose 11-22-2009 11:22 PM

2003 Toyota Headlight Replacement

Sorry for the noob question but one of the bulbs on the left side of my Corolla is out, I'm guessing it's a DRL/low-beam light. I don't exactly want to take it to the Toyota dealership and have them rape me for labor/parts costs and I've heard it's really easy to replace the bulb.

Does anyone know where would be the best/cheapest place to purchase the bulb and would installing the bulb yourself be easy on a Toyota Corolla?

TY!

MR_BIGGS 11-22-2009 11:34 PM

You can get the low beam lights at Canadian Tire for 10 bucks. They also have others for more money. The cheapest one is 10 bucks and than they go up in price up to 50 or more.

.Renn.Sport 11-22-2009 11:49 PM

shit... thats a huge problem... you really should take it back to the dealer and have a complete check on your car. especially when your halogen fluid level are low, it could cause huge damage to your car. replacing a bulb is very technical work, it should be done by a professional

skyxx 11-22-2009 11:53 PM

Yes, changing the headlight bulb is easy on the Corolla. I believe the "DRL"s are the high beams and not the low beams. Your car's manual should tell you how to change it. Low beam headlight bulb is 9006 and high beam headlight bulb is 9005. They are both twist type.

Canada-Goose 11-22-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport (Post 6695743)
shit... thats a huge problem... you really should take it back to the dealer and have a complete check on your car. especially when your halogen fluid level are low, it could cause huge damage to your car. replacing a bulb is very technical work, it should be done by a professional

Nice, I'm glad you have something constructive to say cause you know, I never cared about your threads and how much of a douche you are. Hell sometimes I even feel sorry for you with your delusional antics and how everyone keeps flaming you...But now I can pretty much see why. Good stuff though! Keep up the good work :haha:

Why don't you post some pictures up and prove to us you actually own any of the cars you keep telling everyone? It's especially funny when you posted pictures to a "new" Porsche 997.2 and you were so eager to post pictures of the car but when Marco911 asked you to to hold the keys up on your laptop screen, you instantly left the thread..:haha::haha: pwned.

TRDood 11-23-2009 12:33 AM

i used to have a 2003 corolla.

you need a 9006 bulb. the stock one is sylvania (i just checked mine on the matrix)

just bring it back to the dealer, they will only charge you $10. (they charged me $5 for my tails)

or you can buy a pair in canadian tire or walmart
http://www.walmart.ca/Canada-Automot...=1138&tabId=14

it's very easy to change the passenger side one. for the driver's side, the battery might get in the way if you have fat hands.

Canada-Goose 11-23-2009 03:30 PM

Just bought a Sylvania 9006 Bulb @ Canadian Tire for $17 and I was wondering, how do you pull the thing off and install the new bulb? It's on the driver's side.

keifun 11-23-2009 03:35 PM

head to Canadian (Crappy) Tire and grab those Sylvania bulbs..they're decent.

Try those nighthawks if you wanna spend more.

shenmecar 11-23-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canada-Goose (Post 6696638)
Just bought a Sylvania 9006 Bulb @ Canadian Tire for $17 and I was wondering, how do you pull the thing off and install the new bulb? It's on the driver's side.

What thing are you talking about? The cap? If you have a cap for preventing moisture from getting into the headlight housing, that cap comes off after you turn it. should have arrows indicating which way to turn.

SpuGen 11-23-2009 04:20 PM

I can install it for you.
I charge $20 to do both.
Cheaper than the $80/hr your dealership charges you to do this.

TRDood 11-23-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canada-Goose (Post 6696638)

look at the housing of the headlight. it should tell you "open - lock".

all you need to do is to twist in the open direction,
1. pull the bulb out
2. unclip the bulb from the power supply
3. connect the new bulb to the power supply
4. put it back into the housing
5. twist to lock

i would suggest you to change both bulbs, since you might not have the same colour temperature now if the models are different.

don't pay anyone to do it. if i can put those PIAA ricer lights into the car when i was 16, you can do it.

Canada-Goose 11-26-2009 10:54 PM

Got it :D

Thanks guys! It was pretty easy to do haha

underscore 12-09-2009 01:26 PM

yeah you should always change both, to keep them even and such. then I usually keep the one that was still working in the glovebox as a spare, in case one dies at a bad time.

shenmecar 12-10-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6720319)
yeah you should always change both, to keep them even and such. then I usually keep the one that was still working in the glovebox as a spare, in case one dies at a bad time.

Thats what I do too!

Mugen EvOlutioN 12-10-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport (Post 6695743)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: