REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Service in Restaurants (https://www.revscene.net/forums/597753-service-restaurants.html)

LiquidTurbo 11-26-2009 02:59 AM

Service in Restaurants

After reading many reviews on places like dinehere.ca, tons of people get extremely angry with poor service and such.

To me, I could care less about the service, as long as the food is good. How important is service to you? Where was the best service you ever had? The worst service?

After travelling around in SE Asia, I have definitely adopted the philosophy of, if the food's good, who cares about the service!

BinsentoW 11-26-2009 03:54 AM

I dont really care that much about the service, as long as it isnt horrible. I dont care if I have to ask for more water, ect. But waitresses that are bitchy make me not want to eat at that place again.

Gnomes 11-26-2009 05:03 AM

I would like minimum service (I dont want a server to be hovering over my shoulder and refill my glass everytime it's half empty). If I can choose, I would rather get my own food from the counter, refill my glass, etc if it is readily available for customers.

Food is much more important to me. I consider service to be a distraction or smoke & mirror. I dine out for the food, not to be given service.

TekDragon 11-26-2009 09:35 AM

Best Service: Old Surrey Restaurant. The guy was always right on time for when drinks were empty, plates were cleaned, or food to come out. Professional with the towel over the arm to give it that extra touch of class.

Worst Service: Fish on Rice. All you can eat, slow for food to come out. Also had ordered the all you can drink pop. Didn't get a refill. They missed parts of our order, gave us stuff that we didn't order, and at the end had the gall to tack on a 15% gratuity that we didn't pay.

I can let a lot of poor service slip if the food is good. That being said, if I'm out with friends, or my wife, I want to have good service. If it's just myself, or with a co worker, I couldn't care less.

unit 11-26-2009 09:51 AM

fish on rice... worst service.
runners up:
most other ayce restaurants
most hk cafes
most korean restaurants (understaffed)

unit 11-26-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 6701261)
After reading many reviews on places like dinehere.ca, tons of people get extremely angry with poor service and such.

To me, I could care less about the service, as long as the food is good. How important is service to you? Where was the best service you ever had? The worst service?

After travelling around in SE Asia, I have definitely adopted the philosophy of, if the food's good, who cares about the service!

you are the reason why bad service exists, because they think its ok to treat everyone like that!

MelonBoy 11-26-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6701522)
fish on rice... worst service.
runners up:
most other ayce restaurants
most hk cafes
most korean restaurants (understaffed)

+1 fish on rice = garbage

Most korean restaurants (understaffed) LOL thats spot on.. I wonder why is that XD..

Most hk cafes i go to have pretty good service.. =/ (maybe u gota be chinese)
lol but ya.. iv never had service problems with places like (hono,alluyia,silvetower,kenskitchen,etc)

unit 11-26-2009 10:28 AM

^silvertower is better now, but when it was golden awards it was fuckin terrible.
one of the worst lately has been e-canteen.

another terrible place is oo sake machi on kingsway. they are just plain dumb.
they dont time the orders at all, so one person gets like 3 of their courses and the other person has no food 20 mins later.
no common sense.. and this is when the restaurant is nearly empty! seen this happen twice, stopped going.

yuusha 11-26-2009 10:51 AM

I don't tip for poor service. :)

hirevtuner 11-26-2009 12:26 PM

can't really say much for service, get your water/tea, get your food eat it and get the bill
i won't tip if they refuse or giving me a hard time

bd0n 11-26-2009 06:00 PM

in service and food go hand in hand, if one fails they both fail the dining experience. Alot of people i know could care less about the food, if they know the service was superb thell keep coming back.

TheSalesman 11-26-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bd0n (Post 6701854)
in service and food go hand in hand, if one fails they both fail the dining experience. Alot of people i know could care less about the food, if they know the service was superb thell keep coming back.

wow that's weird. If the food sucks balls, you would still go back to eat it? If the food was terrible, i wouldn't go back even if it was the best service i'v ever had. I eat pho a lot and we all know service there is not very good.