REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Mini Vacation Suggestions around 3-4 hours away from Vancouver ? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598420-mini-vacation-suggestions-around-3-4-hours-away-vancouver.html)

TheKingdom2000 12-02-2009 04:22 PM

Mini Vacation Suggestions around 3-4 hours away from Vancouver ?

edit; 4-6 hours away driving.

I was planning on going away with the girlfriend for a couple days in December...

I was thinking maybe just going to Seattle or Portland but it seems pretty boring to do that...

Do you guys have any better idea's? Van Island? Kelowna? What is there to do?
We don't really care about shopping but wouldn't mind it.
I know our options are limited because we're driving but there has to be something interesting to try..

thanks!

VooDood 12-02-2009 04:29 PM

harrison hot springs? since its December, theres nothing better than hot springs >=)

Orion 12-02-2009 04:35 PM

snowboarding resort stay at sunpeaks

Tegra_Devil 12-02-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 6710454)
snowboarding resort stay at sunpeaks

got my cabin booked for xmas :) :thumbsup:

TheKingdom2000 12-02-2009 04:53 PM

this might be a stupid question but are there any sand dunes near Seattle?
or do I have to go to Portland for that?

murd0c 12-02-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 6710481)

dunes are in Portland, but Cannon beach is a great trip I went with the g/f and it's only 6hrs away but thats more of a spring/summer time place to go.

For close maybe Tofino? long beach is so nice out there and by getting a cabin with a hot tub would mean good times ;)

Of course the normal, Kamloops, Kelowna but those are more summer time spots.

too_slow 12-02-2009 06:04 PM

Kelowna -> Big White / Silverstar

StylinRed 12-02-2009 06:06 PM

Tulameen

went in the summer though, but it seems like they have things to do this time of year as well

or Osoyoos (or both) for the desert

ToneCapone 12-02-2009 07:11 PM

Any good recommendations for harrison hot spring hotel/resort/spa's?
checked online, and they are really pricy.
I think I can get a round trip all inclusive trip to vegas for cheaper.

BorLorBao 12-02-2009 07:30 PM

I agree with the Harrison Hot Springs

1exotic 12-02-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 6710481)

I recommend the sand dunes near Portland, it's also near the ocean with a crazzzy view.

TheKingdom2000 12-02-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 6710774)
I recommend the sand dunes near Portland, it's also near the ocean with a crazzzy view.

yeah so i did a search and the closet sand dune is about 8 hours away driving...
that's a little further then I would like to go. which sucks because i haven't been to the dunes in years.

dru 12-02-2009 11:34 PM

For a short getaway I like Seattle. I've been there numerous times with my girlfriend just to shop, walk around and relax. I highly recommend it, but it's not all that much different from Vancouver...

Senna4ever 12-02-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6710607)
Tulameen

went in the summer though, but it seems like they have things to do this time of year as well

or Osoyoos (or both) for the desert

There's not much to do in Tulameen in the winter besides some great snowmobiling. Summer is great, I've explored some abandoned mining towns in the area before, and ripped up Coalmont Road. Great road to drive on.

racerman88 12-05-2009 11:35 AM

bed & breakfast places down the coast

Mugen EvOlutioN 12-05-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dru (Post 6711238)
For a short getaway I like Seattle. I've been there numerous times with my girlfriend just to shop, walk around and relax. I highly recommend it, but it's not all that much different from Vancouver...

+1 seattle is a nice short get away

Jayboogz 12-05-2009 01:18 PM

I work in tofino, right now hotel rates are cheap. Since there's not much here to do in the winter. Cheapest hotel in town 45 bucks a night... I've stayed there once and do not recommend it ahahahha. Other than going to the beach and possibly takin a sea plane arnd town there isn't much to do.
Posted via RS Mobile

orange7 12-05-2009 02:19 PM

whistler? But I think all the rosorts are booked.... QQ

GabAlmighty 12-05-2009 09:58 PM

Go to the dunes in the summer and rend a buggy, lots of fun. Winter, go to the interior somewhere. Small ski resort and rent a place for a couple days

TheKingdom2000 12-06-2009 01:34 AM

Just an update if anyone is interested.

We are going to Seattle.
haven't gotten a hotel yet but we'll just priceline it.

they have a show at the CanCan that is supposed to be pretty cool. It's like a cirque du soleil type with dancing and acrobatics etc.. + you get dinner..

and we're also going to the comedy underground featuring Steve Mazan
and then just looking around/shopping.

I"m pretty stoked about the CanCan thing as I hear it's pretty amazing!

pretty funny guy from what i've seen on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N1kS...layer_embedded

Thanks for all the reply's!

YK86 12-06-2009 10:52 PM

My wife and I just came back from Leavenworth, Washington. Roughly 4.5hours from Vancouver. It's a small Bavarian themed town and they got the whole town lit up with Christmas lights on Sat and Sun. You have to go through Steven's Pass (higher elevation, would recommend snow tires) but it's really easy to get to. We stopped by the Seattle Premium Outlet and Alderwood Mall so my wife can shop.

http://www.leavenworth.org/modules/p...x.php?pageid=1

The town itself was packed and hotels were hard to find/expensive so we just stayed in Wenatchee which is about 20mins further east.

thelaws69 12-06-2009 11:13 PM

Do the underground tour in old Seattle . Pike's Market see what's happening at the science centre. My wife and I saw the Titanic dispay there a few years back.

allenkain 10-07-2016 07:21 PM

Vacation's close proximity to rugged wilderness makes it easy to plan an adventure-packed escape,fertile agricultural land and lush vineyards provide the perfect getaway for food and wine connoisseurs.Nice place.Last week i visit Florida and i also have some business work so i stayed there in Vacation Rentals for 3 days.Commendable service.I hope i will visit it again.

chinook79 10-08-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenkain (Post 8793569)
Vacation's close proximity to rugged wilderness makes it easy to plan an adventure-packed escape,fertile agricultural land and lush vineyards provide the perfect getaway for food and wine connoisseurs.Nice place.Last week i visit Florida and i also have some business work so i stayed there in Vacation Rentals for 3 days.Commendable service.I hope i will visit it again.

Your first post ever is reviving 7 year old thread? and from look of it, you are promoting your own business? :rukidding:

etodac 12-11-2016 10:39 PM

Bump

Found out I have some unused vacation time so looking for a cheap, not-too-far getaway this month. Was thinking Victoria, saw some bcvacations.com deals, or maybe Leavenworth if the snow isn't that bad.