REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   largest street gang in north america (https://www.revscene.net/forums/598746-largest-street-gang-north-america.html)

jimkim 12-05-2009 11:46 AM

largest street gang in north america

truely sad to watch... just... sad...

gangs are such a detriment to society

and please dont give me the standard response: "few bad apples" because in reality we all know its not only a few.

for argument sake i also know there are good members. I'd say 35% are great, 40% are just doing the job as a source of income, 25% are power tripping ego heads

Kim Jong Un 12-05-2009 05:24 PM

xxxxxxxx

underscore 12-05-2009 09:50 PM

I got to the jerkoff on the bike and stopped watching. No context is given for any of those clips, or the source of information, it's just a bunch of stuff mashed together.

Yes of course not every cop is a great person, but I'd rather deal with the few bad ones than not have any cops at all.

ninjatune 12-05-2009 10:53 PM

Wow, that couldn't have been more biased.

CRS 12-05-2009 10:56 PM

Do you know what I love about people?

People will always complain and bitch. They will point out what is wrong and what should not happen. They hold up this "ideal" where everyone and everything is perfect.

Do you know what I love the most about people?

The very same people who complain and bitch provide absolutely NO solution to the problems they bring up! Sure, it is easy to pick out the flaws but it isn't so easy to find and more importantly institute their solutions. Oh and by solutions I mean actually viable solutions and not the pseudo ones from your "ideal" world.

jonwon 12-06-2009 01:25 AM

xxxxxxxx

yuusha 12-06-2009 02:08 AM

^Find a better job than Subway, then you can complain :P j/k

cstishenko 12-06-2009 02:09 AM

good watch, no comment really..

Vansterdam 12-06-2009 04:32 AM

xxxxxxxx

do u work on the one on boundary lol

zulutango 12-06-2009 05:59 AM

jimkim why would you post a Police hater's video on a Police discussion website? The footage has been collected by obvious Police haters and is edited together without any context or explanation. You have no idea of what has gone on before the footage was taken, what circumstances lead to any of the incidents, what sort of threat was present, what else had gone on or even was going on out of camera range or who the people involved in the incidents shown were. The website is a Police hater's website and I am not going to permit this kind of garbage to be shown here.

jonwon you're outta here. Read the stickies on ther rules for using this particular forum.

jonwon 12-06-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6715589)
^Find a better job than Subway, then you can complain :P j/k

=.= i just eat alot of subway

Darkone021 12-27-2009 03:08 PM

Hmmm i wouldnt say hating the police is a great idea but seriously with how the rcmp has been f'ing up lately .. hard to respect anyone with a badge. Yes they are held to higher standards atleast they should be but it seems as of late alot of rcmp officers are finding them selves in trouble. True they are only human as are the rest of us and given to make mistakes but they should be treated and penalized the same as everyone esle. The sad thing is they get to police them selves and so far the reprocusions for thier actions has been minimal.

jlenko 12-27-2009 10:41 PM

I still respect the police, in general.

Just because one particular one whose been highlighted by the media more than any lately... you know, the one who killed two people (one indirectly by taser, one directly by hitting him with his jeep) and seems to have gotten away with both of them...

I don't paint them all with the same brush. I hope you're all able to see past the few bad apples. It's not like we think all RS.net users drive riced-out Civics and disobey every traffic law out there too ;)

sebberry 12-28-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6745023)
I still respect the police, in general.

Just because one particular one whose been highlighted by the media more than any lately... you know, the one who killed two people (one indirectly by taser, one directly by hitting him with his jeep) and seems to have gotten away with both of them...

I don't paint them all with the same brush. I hope you're all able to see past the few bad apples. It's not like we think all RS.net users drive riced-out Civics and disobey every traffic law out there too ;)

While I too respect the work that the police do, how long can they expect to hide behind the "few bad apples" defense?

While the majority of police officers are well behaved, respectable members of the community, the fact that those few bad apples commit crimes and often get away with them skews the public's perception no matter how much you don't want it to.

zulutango 12-29-2009 07:51 AM

The "bad apples" are being exposed. That is why you are hearing about them. They are being processed through the same justice system that everyone else is, with similar results. On top of whatever legal consequences they may face in the Criminal Courts, they also face service court withing the various Police Forces.

There are well over 20,000 RCMP Members in Canada and, just like there are
"bad" doctors, lawyers, teachers, mechanics, celrics, golfers, hockey playeers, government employees, nurses, union members...etc, there are a small percentage of Police who break the law. As does any profession that brings disrepute upon their profession, they should be held to a higher standard, when convicted. My 3 decade experience in Canada's court system shows that Police are given tougher penalties than non-Police, when convicted of identical crimes in identical circumstances. As far as the cry that they know how to "use" the system to "get off", do you think the average defense lawyer is unaware of the same system.....specially when a lawyer is charged?

I am NOT defending any illegal action by any Police officer. From a purely selfish standpoint they make the job of all other innocent Cops that much harder to do. The public is spoon fed media reports of what goes on in these cases and often the reports are slanted to suit a particular agenda. When you only hear one side of a situation, reported with hysteria, repeated time after time, you tend to believe the lies. For example, the Coronor's report said that the Taser did NOT kill at YVR, yet the media continually says the death was because he was Tasered. The Police are bound by all sorts of restraints about what they can say. The media are not. It is not a level playing field. The media can say that somebody says sommething is true (the VPD "erased" cell phone video) and repeat this after as a fact, even though it was an outright lie from people with anti-Police agendas. What sticks in the public mind is that this is just another Police coverup. The front page headlines are huge, the retractions are always on page 27, if at all.