REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Suit Vests (https://www.revscene.net/forums/600911-suit-vests.html)

ASG111 12-28-2009 10:52 AM

Suit Vests

Anyone know good places to get them?

I been through Holts, Harry Ros, and those kinda places but no luck in finding suit vests. I expected like a collection of them like dress shirts, and ties and such, but I haven't even found one!

I want a good suit vests that will match my dress pants, anyone know where to find them locally or online at affordable prices? Preferably not spending more than 100-200 for a good high end brand name..

Thanks in advance

Marco911 12-28-2009 11:37 AM

I bought one from Kilgour earlier this year. They make great unstructured jackets as well. Kilgour.eu

ASG111 01-01-2010 12:45 AM

bump, anyone else?

StealthFighter 01-01-2010 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASG111 (Post 6745454)
Anyone know good places to get them?

I been through Holts, Harry Ros, and those kinda places but no luck in finding suit vests. I expected like a collection of them like dress shirts, and ties and such, but I haven't even found one!

I want a good suit vests that will match my dress pants, anyone know where to find them locally or online at affordable prices? Preferably not spending more than 100-200 for a good high end brand name..

Thanks in advance

it might be more than you want to spend, but if you want a perfect match...make sure you get a 3 piece suit. because if you get a vest and pants separate, the colour will be off. it won't be the right shade(different cloth, different dye, different material). a black from one brand won't be the same as the black from other brand.

just make sure you go for pure wool. best for all seasons(breathable in summer, warm in winter) and holds dyes the best. i don't know why...but i love brooks brother suits(stephen colbert, mad men, etc.)

ASG111 01-01-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthFighter (Post 6750361)
it might be more than you want to spend, but if you want a perfect match...make sure you get a 3 piece suit. because if you get a vest and pants separate, the colour will be off. it won't be the right shade(different cloth, different dye, different material). a black from one brand won't be the same as the black from other brand.

just make sure you go for pure wool. best for all seasons(breathable in summer, warm in winter) and holds dyes the best. i don't know why...but i love brooks brother suits(stephen colbert, mad men, etc.)

I'm seeing less and less 3 piece suits. Bought one recently at Harry Rosen for a Boss one, but it doesn't come in 3 piece... so nothing i can do?

StealthFighter 01-01-2010 01:18 PM

if your budget is a bit constrainted, try banana republic, club monaco, zara, h&m should have what you're looking for at reasonable prices. you can probably just buy the vest and pants only at places like banana and h&m.

if you wanna spend more, try polo.