REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   China executes British drug smuggler (https://www.revscene.net/forums/600961-china-executes-british-drug-smuggler.html)

Ronin 12-31-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishing666 (Post 6749185)
"The court's declaration was the first official confirmation that the Briton's execution for heroin smuggling will go forward."

based on the news article the guy will be murdered for heroin smuggling.

own 4kg herion @ location A - i dont know what will happen
own 4kg herion @ location B - i dont know what will happen
own 4kg herion from location A --> B results in execution

he owns the 4kg herion.

In all likelihood, owning 4kg of heroin in China will probably get your ass executed as well. Deservedly so.

I can't believe there's a guy defending a drug smuggler.

I can see your point if he was executed for a crime that's much less despicable like...piracy or speeding or something ridiculous according to the laws in China. However, he's smuggling fucking drugs. Did you think the drug money was going to an orphanage? That somehow the heroin was there to give food to the needy or give children kittens?

No, the drugs were there to sell to addicts who steal from locals to get drug money and...well, the whole thing doesn't end well for anyone. It extends a cycle of pain.

So no one gives a rat's ass that China killed this guy. I fucking hate China. I think they're backwards, ignorant and ridiculous but in this case, good for them. If the police in Canada went around shooting drug dealers in the face, we'd all be better off.

PiuYi 12-31-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6746536)
WOW... i was like "they never execute foreigners" and bam at the bottom it says the first time in over 50years

shows China's rise as a global superpower, they're no longer scared of stepping on peoples toes

Quote:

Originally Posted by achiam (Post 6748936)
My original post was erroneous and I apologize -- Singapore has even less crimes as the tables indicate. The disease plaguing Canada is an 8% chunk of the population. I recently shared a flight with a RCMP inspector who told me that the same 8% of the population is a rotating door of dealers and users, coming in/out of custody. This trash of society costs the tax payer on average $10,000 each time they are arrested - costs including police/court proceedings, as well as insurance pay outs for thefts they commit.

For future reference, I'd advise you not to reply like an idiot. It speaks volumes of your socioeconomic class and education level.

thats why im happy everytime they increase mandatory jail time or stiffen sentences in some way, that 8% should be in jail permanently, while working in jail to pay for their own prisons

wouwou 12-31-2009 03:28 AM

Yeah, SMUGGLING the cocaine into another country, not simply owning. No body would have know if he wasn't dumb enough to try to smuggle 4 kgs of cocaine by carry on.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishing666 (Post 6749185)
"The court's declaration was the first official confirmation that the Briton's execution for heroin smuggling will go forward."

based on the news article the guy will be murdered for heroin smuggling.

own 4kg herion @ location A - i dont know what will happen
own 4kg herion @ location B - i dont know what will happen
own 4kg herion from location A --> B results in execution

he owns the 4kg herion.

Posted via RS Mobile

achiam 12-31-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengy (Post 6749131)
Way to fail again. S T F U. Nobody cares about Singapore and their crime rate, or what they do to the dealers. :thumbsup: Like I said before, if you like it so much, feel free to move there.

You clearly have frustration issues and are venting them online, but I shall point out your shortcomings anyhow. Firstly, I was suggesting that Canada's weak sentences were strongly related to an out of control drug war (which many police and politicians and obviously most of us public wholly agree upon). Secondly, I was showing that countries with stricter penalties tend to have much lower drug offences simply due to the fear of being caught.
I realize that you are probably poorly read, but judging from your grammar most already know this.

PS if you look up the same statistics on stats can, it shows that 301 people/ 100,000 British Columbians were arrested in 2008 for drug crimes, but the chart fails to show how many charges were pressed on those 301 people. A VPD friend I asked also said that its quite possible that the exaggerated number on the nationmaster website related to how many charges were pressed, but that the actual number processed was likely far lower due to plea bargains, charges being thrown out, and other misc factors.

achiam 12-31-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 6749163)
When I come to power, there will be public executions for a whole lot less than 4kg of heroin.

LOL. Nice Dave Chappelle pic.