REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Sleeping problems (https://www.revscene.net/forums/601887-sleeping-problems.html)

Zyzz 01-07-2010 02:58 AM

Sleeping problems

These days i have severe sleeping problems, ever since the Christmas holidays started, I had been sleeping at around 6-7am in the morning, waking up at 4-5pm in the afternoon.

Now that school has started again, I find myself rolling on bed for around 3 hours every night, many times unable to sleep even at 5am.

There is just too much going on in my mind everyday. And I continue thinking about these things even when I am trying to sleep. One solution I found is to drink alcohol (beer, whiskey, red wine, etc.), have sex and have a few cigs right before I roll on bed. However this doesnt seem to be a long-term solution.

What are some things that I can do, to have a good sleep? Thanks.

Inaii 01-07-2010 03:09 AM

You should try melatonin. It worked great for me when I had to flip my sleep schedule around. Or just try to stay awake all day until 9 or 10 at night, then go to sleep.

v.Rossi 01-07-2010 05:01 AM

looks like were on the same boat, i'm still awake. i tried to go to sleep just now, no luck after an hour. i use to be a deep sleeper, i could probably sleep fine even if my house was on fire. however, not anymore. nothing has changed in my life, except i have been cutting back drastically on the marijuana usage. hopefully my sleep hasn't been dependent on that, regardless of the burnout. fuck i want to sleep like right now... :(

TypeRNammer 01-07-2010 06:32 AM

I took a nap from 700pm till 945pm, was up for a little bit then continued on with my nap from 1030pm till 3am

:(

twitchyzero 01-07-2010 10:29 AM

i hvae like the opposite problem
i weas sleeping like 7 hours during the break (3am-10am)...now that I'm in school i get tired so easily and sleep for like 10 hours (12-10am)
damn can't snap back into school mode

hi-revs 01-07-2010 04:24 PM

dont do anything mind stimulating a couple hours before bed time.
listen to some soft soothing music.
can try writing down your thoughts before heading off to bed.
dont smoke before heading off to bed.
alcohol would work, but not recommended obviously.
light a candle by bed side.
....try and just relax the hour before heading off to bed.
sleep medication. can start off with 50mg. then slowly cut down to 25mg and so on until not dependent.

CorneringArtist 01-07-2010 08:22 PM

I had to settle in a bit as well after my winter break. Reading a book or magazine for maybe half an hour gets me tired and geared into falling asleep.

The_AK 01-07-2010 08:53 PM

try this, worked for me the other day, wake yourself up very early tomorrow so you get like 3-4 hours of sleep so you get tired throughout the day, then at like 9 or so force yourself to sleep

JSALES 01-07-2010 09:32 PM

i'm in the same situation as you except my sleeping schedule has been fucked up for a long time

hotong 01-07-2010 09:38 PM

^ same.. for the past 3 days i just end up lying in bed for 3 hours.

Euro7r 01-07-2010 10:40 PM

My sleep pattern is fucked up. I don't care anymore. I rest when I'm passing out. I sleep at like 9am and wake up in the afternoon. Night shift person now!!

AzNightmare 01-07-2010 10:44 PM

Well, here's my theory of a solution.. this is what you have to do.

Say today, you woke up at 5pm (thursday). Don't go to bed at all until...
maybe around 11pm on Friday night.

So yes, you will be staying up for more than 24 hours.
Infact, it will be about 30 hrs in total.
Drink energy drink or coffee or something if you are getting tired during the day.
By tomorrow night, you will be so exhausted, you'll pass out and wake up at 8am on
Saturday morning.

Hopefully... that will get you restarted on the right track.

miss_crayon 01-07-2010 11:49 PM

think of your sleeping patterns as if you just came back from overseas jetlagged. what i usually do is i keep myself busy during the time i want to sleep (afternoon) such as being with friends in a public place (that way you CANT sleep) then go home and just pass out at the right time. it'll definitely take some time getting back to your normal schedule but it can be done!

Mr.HappySilp 01-08-2010 12:32 AM

^^ shouldn't you be sleeping lol. But yea I have issue like that randomly. I would get super sleepy at work(I actually did sleep a few times at work O_o) and when is bed time I can't sleep till like 3am.

Having the same thing tonight. Having 3 cups of coffee in the morning doesn't help either....... sigh.

Zyzz 01-09-2010 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6758760)
You should try melatonin. It worked great for me when I had to flip my sleep schedule around. Or just try to stay awake all day until 9 or 10 at night, then go to sleep.

thanks, i will give the melatonin a try tomorrow.

nsmb 01-10-2010 09:26 PM

take gravol

Abstraktz 01-17-2010 09:40 AM

melatonin works wonders. you can buy a bottle at superstore for 5.99 (exact brand) in the pharmacy section. melatonin controls the sleep/wake pattern and is naturally occurring most often at night for obvious reasons and it's induced by darkness. whenever I feel like I won't be able to sleep 5-10mg and I'm asleep within 30 minutes after a few nights i'm into my desired sleeping pattern

TypeRNammer 02-05-2010 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6758760)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abstraktz (Post 6774123)
melatonin works wonders. you can buy a bottle at superstore for 5.99 (exact brand) in the pharmacy section. melatonin controls the sleep/wake pattern and is naturally occurring most often at night for obvious reasons and it's induced by darkness. whenever I feel like I won't be able to sleep 5-10mg and I'm asleep within 30 minutes after a few nights i'm into my desired sleeping pattern

i should start looking into this stuff, I fell asleep at midnight but woke up at 4am:mad: