REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Metrotown last night (https://www.revscene.net/forums/601905-metrotown-last-night.html)

Greenstoner 01-07-2010 10:14 AM

Metrotown last night

So I was at the entrance of Metrotown Superstore last night around 4:45pm, there were 5 cop cars parked and about 6 or 7 cops surrounded 2 kids ( I would say Gr. 6 about 13 years old at top ) There were literally handcuffed to the ground, I was wondering what are the offense that would caused the kids to be handcuffed??

Other than stealing, I can't think of anything else??? If it is stealing, isn't it too much for kids to be handcuffed to the ground? I'm just curious...

MyPresIzBlack 01-07-2010 10:26 AM

Weapons

jbsali 01-07-2010 11:51 AM

kids these days..

seekerbeta 01-07-2010 02:05 PM

cops will typically "secure" suspects before proceeding, just due to security, its not because they are under arrest necessarily, they just need to be safe before proceeding

Okami 01-07-2010 02:08 PM

maybe they watched Superbad and they wanted to look badass XD
You'll NEVER TAKE ME!! XD

Greenstoner 01-07-2010 02:14 PM

Those kids kept screaming and spitting when they were handcuffed, hate to say it but those kids deserve a beating.

There were few kids ( i think they were friends) about the same age were smoking nearby, they even walked up to the handcuffed kid and gave him a drag of smoke.

That point i was thinking where the hell were their parents at ?

transcendent 01-07-2010 02:50 PM

They were most likely shoplifting, or on a more serious account, credit card fraud or crime of those sorts. I mean it's superstore, what else can you do.

Rx harnek 01-07-2010 03:04 PM

LOL haha stupid kids it get worse and worse but thats pretty bad they prob just jacked a couple things or jus being loud in metro near superstore

NSX 01-07-2010 03:15 PM

Shoplifting, ran, threatened LPOs with bear mace, Arrested.

stewie 01-07-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhalsim (Post 6759405)
Shoplifting, ran, threatened LPOs with bear mace, Arrested.

hahaha serves them right...what the fuck do kids need to be doing running around with bear mace...their just looking for trouble...i hope their parents fucking give them the belt.

Rx harnek 01-07-2010 03:49 PM

wat if the kids got jumped before so they keep it for protection?

stewie 01-07-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rx harnek (Post 6759490)

carry PEPPER SPRAY then....bear mace is just stupid to be carrying around. shooting off pepper spray will maybe affect the people in the immediate area and put a stop to someone whos trying to attack you....bear mace will mess with everyone in a LARGE area and make you cough...makes you feel like your choking if you inhale it...burns your skin...

ninjatune 01-08-2010 08:01 AM

Carrying pepper spray is also illegal... I don't think you're even allowed to be in possession of it in Canada anywhere.

Gumby 01-08-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 6759412)
hahaha serves them right...what the fuck do kids need to be doing running around with bear mace...their just looking for trouble...i hope their parents fucking give them the belt.

If their parents had given them the belt earlier, they wouldn't be in this situation!

kootenaydub 01-08-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatune (Post 6760747)
Carrying pepper spray is also illegal... I don't think you're even allowed to be in possession of it in Canada anywhere.

Correct, it is classified as a prohibited weapon in Canada.

Bear spray on the other hand is controlled by the pest control products act. You have to sign a waiver and release form when you buy bear spray, but other than that it can be easily obtained.

Not sure the overall difference...you can shoot bear spray like 15ft, so I would think that it is more of a weapon, but pepper spray is smaller and can be easily concealed, so, hmmm

GLOW 01-08-2010 02:28 PM

the REAL question is did you walk by, point & laugh and say BUSSSSTEEEEED :D

Greenstoner 01-08-2010 02:50 PM

^ there were also 3 or 4 metrotown securities around directing traffic and no watching :D

It was serious business .. lol

One of the kid was brought onto the cop car after 35mins or so while the other one was handcuffed in the same spot .hahaha...

By the way, i was waiting for someone so I had to stop and enjoy the drama

Inaii 01-08-2010 04:35 PM

fighting/weapons maybe? wouldn't surprise me at metro.

xilley 01-09-2010 02:36 PM

so i guess the next generation of mall rats are here.
hahaha

JSALES 01-09-2010 05:17 PM

i laugh at those punk kids who think their "hardcore" whenever i'm at the mall, especially those ones who still look like their in elementary school wearing ed hardy and all that bullshit

underscore 01-10-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rx harnek (Post 6759490)

Then don't go wandering around in shitty areas at bad times... it's pretty simple.

Kids these days...such a fail...

CRS 01-10-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSALES (Post 6762750)
i laugh at those punk kids who think their "hardcore" whenever i'm at the mall, especially those ones who still look like their in elementary school wearing ed hardy and all that bullshit

I always wondered what kind of parent would buy or allow their child to wear this kind of clothing. I mean, the kids certainly can't afford the real stuff and probably struggle to afford the knock-offs so how are they being supplied?

If you're a parent and you allow your kids to wear the kind of clothes and act they way they do, you really need to re-access your place and view on life.

If the kids are stealing to get the money, I would lay the smack down on my kids that they will never think of doing it again.

Greenstoner 01-10-2010 04:14 PM

monkey see, monkey do . ... simple

xnguyen 01-12-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSALES (Post 6762750)

Wife says:
Why do they even where that shit anyways? How did it even start?!