REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Speeding Ticket (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602171-speeding-ticket.html)

Hope604 01-09-2010 05:20 PM

Speeding Ticket

I currently lose my ticket, is there any way i can get it back?

Thanks

Qmx323 01-09-2010 06:32 PM

go to ICBC and they will look up your license number then you can pay there.

skidmark 01-09-2010 08:00 PM

Nice to see that someone was willing to help.

The rest of you know better. Read the forum rules again please.

Brianrietta 01-09-2010 08:04 PM

This thread actually started out in VAC.

Hope604 01-10-2010 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qmx323 (Post 6762844)
go to ICBC and they will look up your license number then you can pay there.

ummm...but what id i wanted to dispute it...?

CRS 01-10-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope604 (Post 6763509)
ummm...but what id i wanted to dispute it...?

You would still go to ICBC to dispute it.

Greenstoner 01-10-2010 03:29 PM

hahaha.... thats funny !!!

xpl0sive 01-11-2010 12:43 PM

ICBC would probably not have the ticket in their system before the 30day deadline... the best chance you got of disputing it is calling the detachment from the area in which you were pulled over and try to find out whcih officer ticketed you and ask them for a copy of the ticket... other than that, i think you're pretty much stuck paying the ticket once it's in ICBC's system... i think cops do it on purpose, they send in all their tickets like 40 days after they were issued so if the person lost their copy theypretty much have no chance of disputing it... i still dont get why this guy got failed so many times, not like its a dumb question... do you guys want the whole story to go with it too or what?

Brianrietta 01-11-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 6765339)
i still dont get why this guy got failed so many times, not like its a dumb question... do you guys want the whole story to go with it too or what?

No, it's because he posted it in broken english in Vancouver Automotive Chat, which is absolutely not the right place to for it. And no, we don't want the full story to go along with it, because it's invariably that he sped, got caught and now doesn't want to pay the fine. :rolleyes: Oh, and then lost the ticket..

zulutango 01-11-2010 03:22 PM

[... i think cops do it on purpose, they send in all their tickets like 40 days after they were issued so if the person lost their copy theypretty much have no chance of disputing it

Actually that is not my work experience. All the VTs's went into an envelope that was mailed out to the processing centre every Monday. People who have had "not disputed" convictions registered almost 2 years have been easily able to get a dispute on the court list. Just give them almost any sort of reason ( it seems? .

CRS 01-11-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 6765339)
ICBC would probably not have the ticket in their system before the 30day deadline... the best chance you got of disputing it is calling the detachment from the area in which you were pulled over and try to find out whcih officer ticketed you and ask them for a copy of the ticket... other than that, i think you're pretty much stuck paying the ticket once it's in ICBC's system... i think cops do it on purpose, they send in all their tickets like 40 days after they were issued so if the person lost their copy theypretty much have no chance of disputing it... i still dont get why this guy got failed so many times, not like its a dumb question... do you guys want the whole story to go with it too or what?

Is there a reason to why you think every cop out there is crooked or someone that is out to get you?

Judging from your replies, it seems like you were busted before and thought you were all high and mighty and the cop showed you your place. Can this be a out lash of an officer taking away your pride and you losing face somehow?

I swear, every post you have on this subsection involves dubious allegations and a whole lot of misinformation.

wing_woo 01-12-2010 02:09 PM

When I got a ticket, the officer submitted the ticket a few days after so when I finally got a hold of him and he realized that he made a mistake, the only recourse was to dispute it in court and he kept reminding me to make sure I dispute it as he already submitted his copy already and couldn't retract it and to call him with the court date and he'd withdraw it then.

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-12-2010 02:12 PM

ICBC should be able to look up for you after you show them ur driver license

skidmark 01-12-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wing_woo (Post 6766955)
When I got a ticket, the officer submitted the ticket a few days after so when I finally got a hold of him and he realized that he made a mistake, the only recourse was to dispute it in court and he kept reminding me to make sure I dispute it as he already submitted his copy already and couldn't retract it and to call him with the court date and he'd withdraw it then.

Then he needs to do some learning as it can be withdrawn buy filling out and submitting the right form to the ICBC ticket unit before 30 days from the issue date elapses. If it wasn't mailed, he could simply grab it from the envelope and the form wouldn't be needed.