REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Real-Estate Listings (https://www.revscene.net/forums/real-estate-listings_185/)
-   -   Foreclosure Listings (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602532-foreclosure-listings.html)

CRS 01-12-2010 11:42 PM

Foreclosure Listings

Anyone know where I can foreclosure listings for the GVA? It seems like there isn't any sites that have posted listings or that banks do not share this kind of info.

Any info on this would be great!

Thanks.

frost91 01-14-2010 09:42 AM

i'll give it to you straight up, unless you are a mortgage broker or someone who works in real estate no one is going to share this information with you.

its also not fun bidding on a no subject properly that you have to go to court for

CRS 01-14-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frost91 (Post 6769769)
i'll give it to you straight up, unless you are a mortgage broker or someone who works in real estate no one is going to share this information with you.

its also not fun bidding on a no subject properly that you have to go to court for

I was always under this impression.

I guess I'll go to my real estate agent then.

tool001 01-14-2010 12:43 PM

they get listed on mls, i saw one recently... near lougheed..but

frost91 01-14-2010 01:13 PM

imho, the ones that get listed are garbage. the ones that you are intersted in, never make it so far and usually get snatched up by the brokers, or the agents themselves

thats from my experience

RenoMan 01-14-2010 03:53 PM

whats the usual price difference or is there any at all.

RayBot 01-15-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 (Post 6770242)
whats the usual price difference or is there any at all.

None usually....prices are set at market value.

Its true....theres no site for foreclosure listings. You kinda have to hunt for them on MLS. Even us agents actually have to search for them. Its not a big secret we keep....however the MLS system does not disclose to the public who the owners are for privacy purposes, regardless if its owned by a person, corporation or bank.

RenoMan 01-15-2010 12:55 PM

^i always wanted to find a place with potential and flip it. I can imagine all the business i can do with a real estate agent sigh....

CRS 01-16-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 (Post 6771721)
^i always wanted to find a place with potential and flip it. I can imagine all the business i can do with a real estate agent sigh....

:lol

I would just be looking for a good deal.

Besides, I have a kitchen renovation to worry about at the moment. I was just browsing along looking at different houses and different designs. This went down to getting my kitchen renovated.

RenoMan 01-16-2010 05:32 PM

^haha nice what kind of kitchen reno you doing? Anyways when time comes my partner and i are going to buy a place to live in and slowly flip it;)

CRS 01-18-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 (Post 6773279)
^haha nice what kind of kitchen reno you doing? Anyways when time comes my partner and i are going to buy a place to live in and slowly flip it;)

Pretty much the entire kitchen.

Going to renovate everything from the flooring (changing to tiles), changing base cabinets, countertop, wall cabinets, windows, doors, everything..

RenoMan 01-18-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6775924)
Pretty much the entire kitchen.

Going to renovate everything from the flooring (changing to tiles), changing base cabinets, countertop, wall cabinets, windows, doors, everything..

Wow thats going to be steep, doing it yourself? Anyways if you need advice or help feel free to pm me.

CRS 01-21-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 (Post 6776081)
Wow thats going to be steep, doing it yourself? Anyways if you need advice or help feel free to pm me.

Sure thing!

Yeah, doing the renos myself and some family members.

It is going to be intense but luckily I have an uncle that does these kinds of things.

godwin 02-24-2010 06:41 PM

You can get a list by hanging out at the law courts.. but make sure you have your certified cheque (at least 1 mill) ready... because the lawyers involved already got people lined up. Contact one of the larger law firms in town and talk to a lawyer, if you use their service, they will usually point you to where you need to go.