REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   AJ Racing selling fake J's racing products (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602591-aj-racing-selling-fake-js-racing-products.html)

Energy 01-15-2010 11:07 PM

Wow, you're right I never noticed the years thing. That's a pretty good observation.

TOS'd 01-15-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 6772358)
i reread the letter, and found something you guys might've overlooked

given that its 2010, and their partnership started in 2002, almost nine years would be almost 2011. if this letter had been delivered last year, than it would've been 7 years. nowhere close to 9 years

that, plus the fact that this was only recently posted on the guys blog lead me to believe that the "April 2009" part was the error in this letter

although i could have missed something entirely

Mmm the year thing is a bit confusing. But to respond to your other point, IMO this letter was posted because the situation was not resolved and that now it seems like AJ is pointing fingers at J's. Therefore J's decides since the issue with AJ was not resolved in a favourable manner to them, that they alert the public about what had been going on by posting the letter.

maxxxboost 01-16-2010 12:07 AM

The fact that this has been going on for so long without AJ-R requesting the issue be taken down is quite obvious. Which, makes me beleive that there has got to be some sort of truth to it.

If the statements above were false from J's perspective, wouldn't they get in big shit from AJ-R (lawsuits) since this type of ordeal is a business crusher for any company? But still, nothing is happening. So yet, some more truth to it.

It is easy to speak the truth. But it is hard to constantly lie.
From all the reading, reguardless of the quality of J's prodcuts. I don't see many mistakes when it came to issuing the statement and so forth.

Hum. Who am i going to believe?

For a business to put that kind of statment up on their site is either

1. Telling the truth, and has facts to back it up in court
2. Really FUKing stupid and is just waiting to get sued.

MG1 01-16-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickg (Post 6772456)
Wow, you're right I never noticed the years thing. That's a pretty good observation.

Not really.............

Japan is not only one day ahead of us time zone wise, they are also at least a year or two ahead of us in most other things......... that's why they have cool stuff long before we do. :D

- kT 01-16-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 6772521)
Mmm the year thing is a bit confusing. But to respond to your other point, IMO this letter was posted because the situation was not resolved and that now it seems like AJ is pointing fingers at J's. Therefore J's decides since the issue with AJ was not resolved in a favourable manner to them, that they alert the public about what had been going on by posting the letter.

possibly, but they have never directly said that AJ was directly responsible for doing this in the past (with the exception of the PDF document being labeled AJCANADA), so maybe now they're publically saying that it's them responsible

regardless, i think that clears up the matter of when the actual letter was posted - this year, and the deadline is likely april of 2010

TOS'd 01-16-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 6772578)
possibly, but they have never directly said that AJ was directly responsible for doing this in the past (with the exception of the PDF document being labeled AJCANADA), so maybe now they're publically saying that it's them responsible

regardless, i think that clears up the matter of when the actual letter was posted - this year, and the deadline is likely april of 2010

I disagree with your last statement. With the evidence from other forums and this forum. I truly believe that there is no typo for the date "April 22 2009."

Here are my thoughts.

1) People complaining/questioning quality of J's racing products purchased from AJR

2) J's is some how tipped off about #1 (i do not know how or what but its not relevant). J's purchases one of their own products from AJR. Product is deemed fake.

3) J's sends letter (1st letter in 1st post of this thread) to Benjamin of AJR (owner? i personally dont know). Deadline to resolve matters is April 22, 2009.

-) March 2009. "AJ-Racing actually dropped the J's Racing line as of March 2009 due to internal issues that were never resolved in the past."

4) Deadline passes. April 22.

5) AJR has a Grand Re-Opening on May 25th ish(date of thread:http://www.revscene.net/forums/j-r-g...=grand+opening)
(Yes, I know it could just be because they wanted a bigger place (or new location, i have never been to either places.))

6) Since the deadline up until June 30, 2009. I guess fingers were pointed back and forth as to who was wrong, with no clear winner.

7) June 30, 2009. J's sends letter to AJR (2st letter in 1st post of this thread) stating they never made a special batch and that they never gave permission for anyone to replicate their products.

8) August 21, 2009. AJR representative says they requested the make of special batch J's exhaust. (Taken from s2ki forum: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...=718060&st=100)

9) January 13, 2010. Letter surfaces on multiple forums and J's official website/blog. Reason for this being posted so late was maybe to see if they can work out a deal with AJR? Who knows.

What also fits into the above timeline i rushed is the numerous cases(threads) on other car forums which question the quality of the "genuine" J's products bought from AJR.

Also, the termination of AJR as an official distributor of J's Racing products.

Feel free to add to or correct my timeline. It's 2:30am and I am tired.

EDIT: after some re-reading, filled in some info in the timeline thanks to Joh (posted here: http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...3&postcount=62)

!Tigger 01-16-2010 01:37 AM

nice timeline.

Hide625 01-16-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickg (Post 6772456)

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 6772358)
i reread the letter, and found something you guys might've overlooked

given that its 2010, and their partnership started in 2002, almost nine years would be almost 2011. if this letter had been delivered last year, than it would've been 7 years. nowhere close to 9 years

that, plus the fact that this was only recently posted on the guys blog lead me to believe that the "April 2009" part was the error in this letter

although i could have missed something entirely

2002 = 1st yr
2003 = 2nd yr
2004 = 3rd yr
2005 = 4th yr
2006 = 5th yr
2007 = 6th yr
2008 = 7th yr
2009 = 8th yr

J's racing stated "almost" 9 yrs so that makes it still in the 8th yr. Their statement makes sense :)

TOS'd 01-16-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hide625 (Post 6772626)
2002 = 1st yr
2003 = 2nd yr
2004 = 3rd yr
2005 = 4th yr
2006 = 5th yr
2007 = 6th yr
2008 = 7th yr
2009 = 8th yr

J's racing stated "almost" 9 yrs so that makes it still in the 8th yr. Their statement makes sense :)

ah, right you are sir.

BUT

please validate this statement for me. taken from the s2ki forums: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...=718060&st=100

Second post down states, and I quote from August 21, 2009.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2Fire
i worked at ajr for almost 10 years and while i was there i never ever package or installed any fake products.

i was the mechanic at ajr and i did all the installation. they were many j's exhaust which came with out a badge or logo. here are some pics that ben gave me awhile back to forward to a customer.

i quitted ajr 4 months ago, i shouldnt really care but this thread really got to my attention. ajr is a good company, this is just a vouch for them.

Apparently this dude is from the future. Or just trippin' from smelling too many toxic fumes while working there. :)

EDIT: I misread and interpreted Hide625's post above.

EmperorIS 01-16-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 6772635)
ah, right you are sir.

BUT

please validate this statement for me. taken from the s2ki forums: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...=718060&st=100

Second post down states, and I quote from August 21, 2009.

Apparently this dude is from the future. Or just trippin' from smelling too many toxic fumes while working there. :)

what the fuck?
you saying he can't work at AJ before AJ partner up with J's ?

TOS'd 01-16-2010 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 6772641)
what the fuck?

Dude you are fucking stupid. I never said anything about when J's partnered up with AJ.

And to my previous post, I misread it and that Hide625 was actually arguing my point and not against it (the date issue brought up by kt). My bad.

TRD Rs200 01-16-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 6772641)
what the fuck?

what the fuck are you talking about?

fartdragon 01-16-2010 03:23 AM

:S

buddy 01-16-2010 08:47 AM

I would never believe A&J would knowingly sell any fake parts to customers under any circumstances; but after 2 days and 264 posts later, all I can say is I am a little disappointed at A&J or even Ben.

Putting all the debates, dramas and internet legal advise aside, this is a threat to the company's goodwill, I would expect someone from A&J would stand up and give us a clarification by now.

hal0g0dv2 01-16-2010 08:47 AM

shit 7 pages

carmaniac 01-16-2010 09:20 AM

Well there's one reason AJR isn't replying to these alliegations. Any reply here could influence decisions made against them in future lawsuits. Ie if they admit they did sell fake parts, everyone who purchased items from them would start a lawsuit. If they deny these alliegations then it could be used in the courts against them to generate an even greater punishment. So if u guys are waiting for AJR to reply forget about it. The only news u may hear from them in the next little while is their shop
closing down.
Posted via RS Mobile

XshimaX 01-16-2010 11:22 AM

I think if there was a lawsuit, it would have happened already seeing how the letter is dated with a deadline back in April 2009.

I really don't get why there are still people asking for AJR's reply, when they have already made several replies on forums like fitfreak stating their stance in this, which pretty much summarizes to their parts being supplied only from J's racing. Now why are they not posting here too I have no clue, maybe they can really care less about revscene :confused:

FeistyBearH22a 01-16-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XshimaX (Post 6772892)
Now why are they not posting here too I have no clue, maybe they can really care less about revscene :confused:

That's an incredible business approach. Cause we all know that 95% of their business comes from fitfreak.

bcedhk 01-16-2010 12:52 PM

im suprised no one here has been to aj recently this week? im sure some s2000er or fit guy would have had to balls to go to the shop and asked.. or didnt sum guy here said he had orders placed at aj racing? how did that go?

jlenko 01-16-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XshimaX (Post 6772892)
I think if there was a lawsuit, it would have happened already seeing how the letter is dated with a deadline back in April 2009.

I really don't get why there are still people asking for AJR's reply, when they have already made several replies on forums like fitfreak stating their stance in this, which pretty much summarizes to their parts being supplied only from J's racing. Now why are they not posting here too I have no clue, maybe they can really care less about revscene :confused:

Comes down to who you think is the lying party here. J's or AJR. J's says they don't 'custom make' products for AJR. AJR says they do. Personally, I think I'd believe the folks that make the stuff - or in this case, that they don't make it.

Pretty clear cut here. It may be hard to believe to some of you that this guy is a fraud... but that seems to be the case. And it was proven long ago... according to those threads.

jbsali 01-16-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6772985)
Comes down to who you think is the lying party here. J's or AJR. J's says they don't 'custom make' products for AJR. AJR says they do. Personally, I think I'd believe the folks that make the stuff - or in this case, that they don't make it.

Pretty clear cut here. It may be hard to believe to some of you that this guy is a fraud... but that seems to be the case. And it was proven long ago... according to those threads.

who is "this guy" you speak of!?AJR, J's? LOL

SkunkWorks 01-16-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbsali (Post 6773011)
who is "this guy" you speak of!?AJR, J's? LOL

AJR = the fraud.

How fucking hard was that to figure out?

!Tigger 01-16-2010 10:38 PM

Im pretty sure J's would have more to lose if they were doing this.

J's = world wide

AJ-R = national? if that.

GabAlmighty 01-16-2010 10:45 PM

I think i'm gonna buy a mad tyte cai from AJR, everyone knows that shit makes like 90 extra hp's

BEEB 01-16-2010 11:52 PM

it's like Footlocker claim that Nike made a special batch of T shirts without the Nike badge. And Footlocker kept selling them until someone complaints about it and Nike found out that Footlocker is copying the T Shirts. Then, Footlockers gonna say, Nike supplied us some T shirts without The Nike Logo, without Nike Tags, No Nike packing.

The name of the brand and logo of the brand are both a very special thing to Japanese people. Not in many years would I believe that J's Racing would make products without their own name or logo on it. So, AJR's excuses are very lame in my opinion. But being a Honger, I know why AJR would simply say "I don't know why .....blah blah blah...." , same as " I don't speak engRish, I don't know... I don't know..." But saying I don't know won't help the problem here. AJR crew is probably in Japan right now at the TOkyo Salon, looking for their next replica product line or "T1R (Try 1 Replica?)"