REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   Free Steam games! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/603233-free-steam-games.html)

6insomnia9 01-19-2010 11:46 AM

Free Steam games!

Quote:

Steam is offering free games to PC users with NVIDIA or ATi graphics cards. This should include most people with add-in graphic cards and those using PCs designed for games in general. NVIDIA users get Portal: First Slice (the first 11 levels of the game), Half-Life 2: Death Match, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, and Peggle Extreme while ATi users get Half-Life 2: Death Match and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast.

It is actually quite simple to act on this offer: First, go to your Control Panel and see if you have NVIDIA or ATi hardware on your computer. There should be a control panel for one of them if you have it. Depending on which graphics card you have, visit Steam's NVIDIA promotion page or Steam's ATi promotion page and click on the "Get it Now" button.

If you are already a Steam user and have it installed, you can just click the button that says so and run the program it downloads with Steam. It will automatically detect your graphics card and the promotional games install window should pop up. If you do not have Steam, click the button to install Steam and create a free account. After that, it should automatically detect your card and an installation prompt will pop up. If this does not happen, just visit the page again and click the other button.

This is a limited time offer with no noted end date, so plan to act sooner than later.
enuff said. :D

hotong 01-19-2010 11:58 AM

thanks! good thing i have a nvidia graphics card!

SkinnyPupp 01-19-2010 12:24 PM

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast has always been free

And Half-Life 2: Deathmatch... well... why bother

Presto 01-19-2010 12:28 PM

Old news!

illicitstylz 01-19-2010 12:42 PM

excited until i youtubed the games, there's a reason they're free i guess lol.

6insomnia9 01-19-2010 12:58 PM

It's all just a way for Steam to get at you ;)

lilaznviper 01-19-2010 03:06 PM

^ahha so true but those are weak games but its free

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-19-2010 04:32 PM

why would u want free obsolete stuff that you wouldn't even use? the space isn't even worth it!

hotong 01-19-2010 07:59 PM

^ yah i just played death match so boring lol, going to uninstall the others as well.

underscore 01-21-2010 12:04 PM

I'll probably play the Portal for shits and giggles, Peggle when I'm bored. Already have the other two from a bundle.

EDawg 01-21-2010 03:03 PM

lol sweet

i have nvidia on my laptop and ATi on my desktop
ill just download them all on the same steam account :D