REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   one of my HIDS went out what ticket can i get? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/603728-one-my-hids-went-out-what-ticket-can-i-get.html)

c32 01-23-2010 05:16 PM

one of my HIDS went out what ticket can i get?

just wondering what kinda of ticket they would give you for 1 headlight being out and the points they would give is what matters.... my car has stock hids and i think the ballast is out so i need to get a new one and have to take off the bumper to install it.. i do drive with my fog lights on though

Bath Tussue 01-23-2010 06:28 PM

i believe driving with fogs on when it is not needed is another ticketable offense.

c32 01-23-2010 06:32 PM

thats the most retarded thing i've heard. i think if you drive with fogs on its actualy safer.. unless the fogs would blind someone but im sure mine dont

cococly 01-24-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bath Tussue (Post 6784492)
i believe driving with fogs on when it is not needed is another ticketable offense.

Acura MDX's DRL are located down on the front bumper. It could be argued that they are actual fog lights.
They do look like fog lights but they just aren't.

http://media.canada.com/6c8714d8-471...f/acuramdx.jpg

TypeRNammer 01-24-2010 01:16 AM

If you get pulled over by RCMP, just tell them the situation of the problem.

They'll just give you a fix it ticket (warning) allowing you 14 days to fix it.

That's what I got before.

slammer111 01-24-2010 03:14 AM

I think if you ever got a ticket for a burned out bulb, or it can be easily disputed unless they can prove you've had it out for an extended period. With that said, if you knew what was good for you, you'd replace it ASAP. ;)

skidmark 01-24-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bath Tussue (Post 6784492)

Not true in BC.

skidmark 01-24-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammer111 (Post 6785046)
I think if you ever got a ticket for a burned out bulb, or it can be easily disputed unless they can prove you've had it out for an extended period.

Also not true. When a vehicle ceases to be properly equipped, and missing a headlight is not properly equipped, you are required to remove it from the highway and repair it.

zulutango 01-24-2010 12:16 PM

What kind of car came with a factory stock installation of HID headlights that would burn out? I have been driving since 2002 with my factory setup and they are just fine. I have never head of a genuine factory-installed setup not working. There is no filament to burn in a HID setup so there should be nothing to burn out. There may be some sort of ballast problem but they should never stop working. In my experience the only ones that stop working are the illegal "conversions". if you got stopped with one of those (and it's easy to tell stock from illegal conversions") i would be issuing a VT for the unauthorized lights and probably a VI.

c32 01-24-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 6785267)
What kind of car came with a factory stock installation of HID headlights that would burn out? I have been driving since 2002 with my factory setup and they are just fine. I have never head of a genuine factory-installed setup not working. There is no filament to burn in a HID setup so there should be nothing to burn out. There may be some sort of ballast problem but they should never stop working. In my experience the only ones that stop working are the illegal "conversions". if you got stopped with one of those (and it's easy to tell stock from illegal conversions") i would be issuing a VT for the unauthorized lights and probably a VI.

what is a vt? my car is an 01 is300, there is moisture inside the headlight which was prob what caused it to fail i geuss i dunno this is such a pain in the ass to fix, picked up bulbs and they worked fine so must be ballast iunno.

Soundy 01-24-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 6785267)

READING FAIL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phucmang (Post 6784393)
just wondering what kinda of ticket they would give you for 1 headlight being out and the points they would give is what matters.... my car has stock hids and i think the ballast is out so i need to get a new one and have to take off the bumper to install it.. i do drive with my fog lights on though

Brianrietta 01-24-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phucmang (Post 6785345)
what is a vt?

Violation Ticket