REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   conditioner for fake leather seats? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604076-conditioner-fake-leather-seats.html)

threezero 01-26-2010 08:59 PM

conditioner for fake leather seats?

anyways after having my infiniti for close to a year I just now find out how fucking shitty their "leather" seats are. my year old seats is starting to crease and having surface cracks.

after doing some forum surfing I discover that Infiniti supposedly use vinyl with a thin layer of leather on top on their seats, most of the product for interior care I see are for real leather or cloth seats non specifically for vinyl/leather mix? what can i use to condition my seats safely without discoloration any product that cleans and condition at the same time? having it available locally be it through retail, rs sponsor or local website would be great.

911fanatic 01-26-2010 09:52 PM

Any leather products will be fine as they will work on leather as well as vinyl. They are just a little more expensive than vinyl only dressings. You can use lexol or even 303 if you don't want to drop a bunch of money.

BrendanS 01-26-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 6789234)
anyways after having my infiniti for close to a year I just now find out how fucking shitty their "leather" seats are. my year old seats is starting to crease and having surface cracks.

after doing some forum surfing I discover that Infiniti supposedly use vinyl with a thin layer of leather on top on their seats, most of the product for interior care I see are for real leather or cloth seats non specifically for vinyl/leather mix? what can i use to condition my seats safely without discoloration any product that cleans and condition at the same time? having it available locally be it through retail, rs sponsor or local website would be great.

I'm assuming this is a G coupe, if so I've detailed quite a few of these and I've used Lexol Leather Conditioner with great results. The leather in the 2nd Gen Sedans feel a lot more like leather than the coupe seats, but I've noticed a difference in the leather after application of the Leather Conditioner. Specially in the back seats since they don't see much use. Give Lexol Leather Conditioner a shot, just make sure you don't let it dry or else you'll get white residue from it:p. You can get it through Ken as well.

Brendan

BrendanS 01-26-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911fanatic (Post 6789344)
Any leather products will be fine as they will work on leather as well as vinyl. They are just a little more expensive than vinyl only dressings. You can use lexol or even 303 if you don't want to drop a bunch of money.

damn you beat me to it! but yeah, lexol is a great conditioner without the big price tag. Very cost efficient, and I still have about 60% leftover from when I bought it last spring from you.

threezero 01-26-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrendanS (Post 6789345)
I'm assuming this is a G coupe, if so I've detailed quite a few of these and I've used Lexol Leather Conditioner with great results. The leather in the 2nd Gen Sedans feel a lot more like leather than the coupe seats, but I've noticed a difference in the leather after application of the Leather Conditioner. Specially in the back seats since they don't see much use. Give Lexol Leather Conditioner a shot, just make sure you don't let it dry or else you'll get white residue from it:p. You can get it through Ken as well.

Brendan

no its the 2ng gen fx. I'm told that its an improvement from the 1st gen but i'm not impressed, my old rav4 had better leather :rolleyes:

Can i use the lexol leather conditioner as a cleaner as well? I have some armor all all purpose interior cleaner thing is it recommend to use that on the seats?

BrendanS 01-26-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 6789420)
no its the 2ng gen fx. I'm told that its an improvement from the 1st gen but i'm not impressed, my old rav4 had better leather :rolleyes:

Can i use the lexol leather conditioner as a cleaner as well? I have some armor all all purpose interior cleaner thing is it recommend to use that on the seats?

Please don't use armor all, well atleast not their protectants. I would pick up the lexol leather cleaner. Honestly each bottle should last you for quite a while. I have over half a bottle left and I've bought this in the spring/summer from Ken. Probably close to 15-18 interiors done with it as well.

threezero 01-26-2010 11:07 PM

should i get the lexol or the klasse which is a cleaner and conditioner in one?

BrendanS 01-27-2010 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 6789510)
should i get the lexol or the klasse which is a cleaner and conditioner in one?

Lexol Cleaner:
http://autowerkesexclusive.com/produ...ner/index.html

Lexol Conditioner:
http://autowerkesexclusive.com/produ...ner/index.html

Overseas Auto1 01-27-2010 02:32 PM

we have the complete range of lexol product - and we are less money than the link shown, and we are a sponsor of Revscene

bcedhk 01-27-2010 02:41 PM

lol love how they budge in for that steal.

How does lexol smell? I heard (maybe it is a different brand) that it smells really strong of like plastic?

Overseas Auto1 01-27-2010 02:43 PM

come over for a free sample of the leather cleaner and conditioner. It has little smell if any. I can let you smell the Vinylex product as well, for vinyl products

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-27-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy89 (Post 6790351)

How does lexol smell? I heard (maybe it is a different brand) that it smells really strong of like plastic?

lexol smells like shit, but good product..so i still use it anyway lol

the smells fades after awhile

BrendanS 01-27-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy89 (Post 6790351)

+1, I'd personally go through Ken still. Anyways, it doesn't smell bad at all, not a strong smell either. If you get a chance to meet up with Ken I'm sure he has no problem showing you the different leather products he has...trust me Lexol doesn't smell bad at all. The other conditioners have an added "leather" scent to it that can be very strong.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 6790623)
lexol smells like shit, but good product..so i still use it anyway lol

the smells fades after awhile

haha it's not that bad bro

godwin 01-27-2010 09:20 PM

You get creases etc because of what you wear, how much grit there is and how heavy you weigh.

Best is to vacuum as much as possible, especially hard to reach places.. (or get a seat cover) and don't wear abrasive clothing eg Jeans etc.

If it cracks already, nothing will save it.

threezero 01-27-2010 11:41 PM

^ I will keep up on the vaccum but.... jeans are like all i wear lol..... I always had leather in my car and none of my previous car seats were like this and they weren't "luxury" brand either

911fanatic 01-28-2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 6791300)
^ I will keep up on the vaccum but.... jeans are like all i wear lol..... I always had leather in my car and none of my previous car seats were like this and they weren't "luxury" brand either

Its just cheap ass leather. My Passat has 100,000 MILES on it and my seats are mint and the previous owner did nothing in the way of leather conditioner.

bobsaget 02-09-2010 12:41 PM

For vinyl-covered leather, or vinyl, just go with 303. Lexol is good, but not necessary on that surface. Lexol is for raw leather, or un-vinyled leather. Plus, 303 is pretty cheap.

Overseas Auto1 02-09-2010 03:13 PM

Lexol is for newer cars. At $11.99 its cheap

911fanatic 02-09-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overseas Auto1 (Post 6809470)
Lexol is for newer cars. At $11.99 its cheap

And at 11.99, it's waaaaay cheaper than the 12.48 I want for it! LOL