REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Cheap family doctor for visitor w/o care card? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604079-cheap-family-doctor-visitor-w-o-care-card.html)

Hehe 01-26-2010 09:16 PM

Cheap family doctor for visitor w/o care card?

Well, my auntie came from Germany to visit me and the Olympics. Now she's got a flu or something.

I just wonder is there any family doctor that offers a cheaper rate for a visitor since she doesn't have medical coverage here?

I called the two clinics near home and they are $125 per visit. And I remember it was around $60 in about 2 years ago when my friend from US went in for a diarrhea?!

Did they jumped the price more than 100% in the last 2 years or the clinics around my house are really expensive?

And no, my auntie is not in bad condition. I just want her to go get some prescriptions to ease the symptoms.

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-26-2010 10:04 PM

she shoulda got travel insurance in germany, maybe she still can.

Nocardia 01-26-2010 10:38 PM

travel insurance would cover it so just do that....or else go to the doctor yourself and make up the symptoms.

Hehe 01-26-2010 11:11 PM

Well... her medical coverage from DE does reimburse her medical expenses up to a certain point. For a doctor visit is up to 45euro per visit up to 7 visit during the entire period abroad.

I will call around the town... someone gotta be asking less.

subordinate 01-26-2010 11:43 PM

Yeah....travel insurance....

But if its' the flu, then anti biotics and a lot of sleep and vitamin C should do the trick.

That's just...what I usually take when I'm bed ridden.

Nocardia 01-27-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 6789572)
Yeah....travel insurance....

But if its' the flu, then anti biotics and a lot of sleep and vitamin C should do the trick.

That's just...what I usually take when I'm bed ridden.

antibiotics kill bacteria

the flu is viral

if your doctor gives you antibiotics everytime you are "sick" then get a new doctor.

wasabisashimi 02-05-2010 03:58 PM

i am afraid you are out of luck, non medical coverage office visits are 100$ and up. That is all across the board.

like others had mention, sleep, water, vit C 6gram per day. Will recover in a week .

Antibiotics for flu symptoms are just ridiculous and i dunno how the doctor passed his UMLE 1 and 2 exam.

If you want some quick results, find a naturopathic doctor of your choice and get a myers IV push, and take some special supplements, and recover in less than 3 days.

CP.AR 02-05-2010 08:21 PM

Neo Citron and plenty of rest and water always works for my symptoms!

MelonBoy 02-05-2010 09:26 PM

If you have any chinese friends ask them if they know a place for chinese medication..
Im not sure how much it cost but my grandpa used to bring me whenever i was sick, so i assume it wasn't/isn't that expensive..

But the medication is usually pretty bitter tasting and you have to boil stuff for a few hours.. (dried bugs, platns, and other stuff depending on write the prescribtion the guy makes)

Chinese medicine works wonders btw.

What_the? 02-21-2010 09:53 AM

go to your pharmacy and ask your pharmacist

there's lots of over the counter medicine to treat "symptoms"

her body will take care of the flu itself... plus depending on the symptoms, the pharmacist should be able to tell you whether or not you need to see the doctor, or need antibiotics, etc.

it's free, minus cost of OTC meds