REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Looking at some vehicles from JJ motors...is this place shady? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604382-looking-some-vehicles-jj-motors-place-shady.html)

Ornithology 01-29-2010 09:29 PM

Looking at some vehicles from JJ motors...is this place shady?

Interested in a vehicle on their website. It's just a Honda for a pretty decent price. They have some nice vehicles there, but was wondering if it was a shady place? It's a used car dealership after all, but how does this one rank? Thanks in advance.

BEEB 01-29-2010 09:44 PM

revscene typical answer >> stay away from these ___________ ; they are a bunch of ___________ ; don't go there, I bought a __________ and it's a _________ car.

Honestly, they are just another used car reseller, which they purchase cars from local auctions or US imports; because they are out there to make money, they will buy cheaper auction cars which may have involved in an accident or coverups. So, it really depends on the specific car that u're looking at. Some times, these smaller used car lot may have auctioned a 8 years old car that was traded in from a Mercedes dealer. So, good luck checking out the Honda and make sure it's fully inspected and calculate your own risk and benefit.

Senna4ever 01-29-2010 09:58 PM

I bought my old Acura Legend Coupe from them many (12) years ago. They were, in my opinion, honest and fair. Of course, I did my research before buying.

Qmx323 01-29-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna4ever (Post 6794127)
I bought my old Acura Legend Coupe from them many (12) years ago. They were, in my opinion, honest and fair. Of course, I did my research before buying.

i fucking love that car

Senna4ever 01-29-2010 11:31 PM

I loved it too! :(

DK33 01-30-2010 12:43 AM

Which location? The shady hastings one or the holdom and hastings one?

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-30-2010 01:14 AM

lol sounds all shady

Senna4ever 01-30-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidkim89 (Post 6794321)
Which location? The shady hastings one or the holdom and hastings one?

I bought mine at the Hastings & Nanaimo dealer, but the salesman (the Chinese guy)who sold me my Legend has since gone to the Burnaby dealership.

RTS 01-30-2010 04:44 PM

Why don't you go there and find out for yourself?

LYC 01-30-2010 05:08 PM

i was there a few years ago looking for my first car. the guy who owns the place said he got the majority of his cars from the bmw dealership near by from people trading in their cars. The car i was looking at was pretty mint and it drove fine. the place it self seems a lot less shady than the dealerships on kingsway...

freakshow 01-30-2010 11:23 PM

A friend of mine bought a car from there.. they seemed like they just really wanted the sale and sort of pressured him. He did end up getting the car, and aside from a few minor issues, the car ran well.
I don't think they're shady in the sense that they're out to get you and sell you a lemon.. but they are a used car dealer. They buy cheap cars, and try to make money off them, so they may not be in tip top shape.

haulin oats 01-31-2010 10:42 AM

they are one of the older used car dealerships in the lower mainland that haven't changed names every 6 months. They buy LOTS of wholesale cars from dealership trade ins. I wouldn't be too worried about buying a used car from them

drunkrussian 02-01-2010 02:53 PM

as someone up there said, totally depends on the particular car. I found that usually cars that have something wrong with them will be fairly priced, whereas cars that aren't will be a bit on the expensive side. That plus reputation or no reputation, oldest or newest dealdership, they're out to make money, so it's not 100% that it's sketch, but it's a gamble.

personally if it's "just a honda for a decent price" i'd buy it off a non-dealer for a even more decent price...the point of buying from a dealer is either the fact that u can trust the history or that it's a rare car. In your case neither applies!

sonick 02-01-2010 03:11 PM

Yes that place is super sketchy. And I'm not just generalizing, but specifically J.J.

hotong 02-01-2010 04:48 PM

shady place man

DC5-S 02-01-2010 05:09 PM

thats where I bought my RSX-S from, it never had any problems!! no grind or popouts like all the other rsx's do.. but it has recently started to burn oil so i know that had nothing to do with them (had it for 3 years now).. it had a theft on its title but i couldnt find anything stolen or taken out of the car.. the bumper and rear bumper and everythign was original from factory

fishing666 02-01-2010 05:55 PM

J.J. Motors is decent

they make quite a few sales
i go by that place often i see them prepping up the cars for its customer

Phil@rise 02-01-2010 05:59 PM

I've read many complaints on CL about these guys but have no opinion or experience myself.
If your interested in a car they have for sale we can inspect it for you.

Kamui712 02-01-2010 08:20 PM

agreed, i've seen some complaints about the place but in all fairness what customer service business doesn't have complaints??

If you're looking for a place to buy used cars, I bought a car from milani autosales last year, they weren't too bad. Negotiated pretty well. Generally happy with their service.

Look for places that have been checked out by BCAA through secret shopping and investigating. That will give you an idea about how they operate.

jlenko 02-01-2010 10:42 PM

If it's got a body shop next door... beware. ;)

minimebang 02-01-2010 11:06 PM

that place is owned by a bunch of Js

eurochevy 02-01-2010 11:10 PM

honestly all those small time little used car lots are pretty shaddy most of the time..i more than likely wouldn't buy shit from there