REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Flower shops? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604584-flower-shops.html)

MelonBoy 01-31-2010 10:43 PM

Flower shops?

Anyone know/recommend a flower shops that may sell

Sunflowers or Daisy's?

If there not in season and i cant get them period, can someone tell me cause I know nothing about flowerings but need a few..

Teh Doucher 02-01-2010 08:16 PM

what ever you do, do not EVER order anything from www.pinklotusflorist.com

Teh Doucher 02-01-2010 08:17 PM

also yes, daisy's are in season. sunflowers are a hit or miss.

hamsup 02-02-2010 07:52 AM

I think i might of saw some at wholefoods on broadway/cambie... i would call them though...

GOOD LUCK =D

Princess121 02-02-2010 08:04 AM

^ Yess....Whole foods has the best sunflowers I saw them there the other day...Im talking about the one at Park Royal..

Give West Van Florist a try...little warning they are on the expensive side...

RFlush 02-02-2010 08:25 AM

I usually go to this place on Broadway that's in front of Poon's Autobody. They sell nice flowers and the girls working there are hot as hell. Definitely worth checking it out for the chicks alone.

bcrdukes 02-02-2010 08:34 AM

Vin's Flowers - On Slocan and East 27th. :)

CRS 02-02-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFlush (Post 6799143)
I usually go to this place on Broadway that's in front of Poon's Autobody. They sell nice flowers and the girls working there are hot as hell. Definitely worth checking it out for the chicks alone.

Where's this?

saucywoman 02-02-2010 10:09 AM

I know I shouldn't go offtopic and I apologize, but SERIOUSLY..... lmfao

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFlush (Post 6799143)
Poon's Autobody.

jeff19 02-02-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6799149)

do they do deliveries? there's no info about it on the site

bcrdukes 02-02-2010 01:56 PM

Yes they do. It's best to call them. I've been going to them for close to 5 years. :)

RFlush 02-06-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6799198)
Where's this?

375 Salsbury Drive. Trust me, the chicks are super hot there and are willing to please. Anything you want they can get, and I hear that they often give out their numbers.

CRS 02-07-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFlush (Post 6806446)
375 Salsbury Drive. Trust me, the chicks are super hot there and are willing to please. Anything you want they can get, and I hear that they often give out their numbers.

:lol

How is that anywhere near broadway?

Oh and the place looks pretty sketch. I wouldn't be going there for the girls but for the quality of the flowers so I don't know man.

k2_alpha 02-07-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6799149)

+1
gives a discount for RS too!!

stewie 02-07-2010 05:53 PM

my moms a florist, shes done flowers for a few people from this site, she does amazing work. if the flowers arnt in season she has them flown in eg: someone wanted some kinda flowers for her wedding a few weeks ago, my mom found a place that grows them in a green house in south america and put the order in for them. basically my mom gets the job done, and like i said, she does amazing work, you get your moneys worth, and you get damn fresh flowers that last a LONG time.

if your interested send me a PM and ill give you her number.

mikee 02-13-2010 03:51 PM

Has anyone heard of company policy for a florist to call the person receiving the flowers to make sure they are home when the delivery guy comes? I had this incident today and they stupid company called my girlfriend and totally ruined her suprise. I have had flowers delivered to her before from other companies, but never had they called her. They could have called me. SO NEVER EVER USE VINS FLOWERS ON SLOCAN STREET IN VANCOUVER!!!

littledog 02-26-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikee (Post 6815779)
Has anyone heard of company policy for a florist to call the person receiving the flowers to make sure they are home when the delivery guy comes? I had this incident today and they stupid company called my girlfriend and totally ruined her suprise. I have had flowers delivered to her before from other companies, but never had they called her. They could have called me. SO NEVER EVER USE VINS FLOWERS ON SLOCAN STREET IN VANCOUVER!!!

This is usually the case for apartments or townhouse complex with a gate. If the florist doesn't call ahead of time to make arrangements, there is a big chance that no one will answer the door so they cannot enter the gate/complex and not able to deliver the flower. If it's a house then I don't get why they need to call ahead?

mikee 02-27-2010 10:01 AM

The sad part was it wasn't even an apartment, complex, duplex or house. It was a business and obviously there is always someone there. Even if the person wasn't there I am sure they can just leave it with reception or whomever to give to that person. Also, they called like 4 hours ahead of time before heading over, so the poor girl knew and was just sitting around and just waiting for the flowers. But thanks for the heads up regarding the apartment part!