REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 577
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
JERSEY STITCHING ?!?

Hi guys,
Normally I just get my jerseys stitched at the team store but since they are closed I'm looking for recommendations for alternatives.

I've heard Scoff, Cyclone Taylors, Jersey City...

This are all considerably more expensive as team store with discount is only $64+tax where as all these are $100+
I'm looking for actual stitched on and not just pressed.
Thanks in advance !
Advertisement
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
Assuming you're getting a Canucks or Canada jersey done if you usually go through the Team Store. I hear Pacific Coast Cresting does it for $60.
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,498
Thanked 258 Times in 98 Posts
Game On Sports. I think The Hockey Shop does too... I might be wrong.
__________________
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ysell comments

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 577
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
thanks mickz. Actually a team germany jersey that I'm getting Ehrhoff on. I checked out pacific coast cresting, i emailed the guy to get more information as they never answer the phone, not very good customer service, but it was much cheaper than other places so i did drive out to check them out, they operate in the back of a luggage repair store in a bad neighbourhood as well so i decided to just pay the extra money and get it done at the mall. Can't wait until the canucks team store is open again.
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woooo View Post
thanks mickz. Actually a team germany jersey that I'm getting Ehrhoff on. I checked out pacific coast cresting, i emailed the guy to get more information as they never answer the phone, not very good customer service, but it was much cheaper than other places so i did drive out to check them out, they operate in the back of a luggage repair store in a bad neighbourhood as well so i decided to just pay the extra money and get it done at the mall. Can't wait until the canucks team store is open again.
Which shop did you end up getting it done at?
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 577
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
At Blue Line Sports, paid $100 + tax which was more than I would like but their turnaround time was the fastest too. Sent out every Tuesday ready for pickup the following Tuesday. I definitely will stick with Authentix when they reopen and when I don't have a rush to get it done.
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Okami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,587
Thanked 8,460 Times in 791 Posts
so pretty much if i have a blank 3rd jersey they will make it into like a luongo jersey for 60 bucks at team store? thanks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
you not take me serious! This thread is seriouses! Me want serious answers.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_demon View Post
so pretty much if i have a blank 3rd jersey they will make it into like a luongo jersey for 60 bucks at team store? thanks
$80+tax. $64+tax if you're a STH.
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 577
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
$80+tax. $64+tax if you're a STH.
Exactly.
Be aware that they send them out east apparently to the "official" stitching company so you won't get it back for about a month.
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woooo View Post
Exactly.
Be aware that they send them out east apparently to the "official" stitching company so you won't get it back for about a month.
The current home, away, third and the vintage stick jerseys are done locally for a faster turnaround. All others are sent out of province.
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 577
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Really? I had my third jersey sent in around the first month of the season and it took that long
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #12
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
You probably just caught them during one of their busy periods where they get their store jerseys done. They stopped sending those jerseys out of province midway through the 08-09 season.
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Okami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,587
Thanked 8,460 Times in 791 Posts
so i guess i better miss the bandwagon.. and do it early..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
you not take me serious! This thread is seriouses! Me want serious answers.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
The Hype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,370
Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts
I'll throw my 2 cents in here and put in a mention for Gamedaysportsarchive. It's in Toronto, and I was quoted $40 for the kit and $10 for sewing it on, so $50 total plus shipping to get it there and back. I mention this because the guy (Truman) can do some insanely obscure jerseys... I sent him my Mighty Ducks Wildwing jersey to have Selanne put on it (I'm so excited!!). So if you've got some rare jerseys you want name/number on, shoot him an email. His responses are always quick, and the price is pretty reasonable too.

The people who do the cresting for Jersey City also do a great job, but the turnaround time (ie 1 month) absolutely sucks.
__________________

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
I'll throw my 2 cents in here and put in a mention for Gamedaysportsarchive. It's in Toronto, and I was quoted $40 for the kit and $10 for sewing it on, so $50 total plus shipping to get it there and back. I mention this because the guy (Truman) can do some insanely obscure jerseys... I sent him my Mighty Ducks Wildwing jersey to have Selanne put on it (I'm so excited!!). So if you've got some rare jerseys you want name/number on, shoot him an email. His responses are always quick, and the price is pretty reasonable too.

The people who do the cresting for Jersey City also do a great job, but the turnaround time (ie 1 month) absolutely sucks.
Are they this place? http://gamedaysportsarchives.com/ Just looking at the Canucks jerseys on that site and the salmon red skate jersey looks like the letters on the name and the front C are too large. I don't think that jersey had a name bar either, since the other third jerseys from that era (Wildwing Ducks and TB Lightning) had the letters sewn directly onto the jersey without a name bar.

Most of the other cresting looks good though. Any pics of your Wildwing jersey? It's one of the jerseys I've been looking endlessly for but didn't want to pay through the roof for it. I wonder if they'll do non-NHL jerseys, I just picked up a Vancouver Voodoo RHI jersey...
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
The Hype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,370
Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Are they this place? http://gamedaysportsarchives.com/ Just looking at the Canucks jerseys on that site and the salmon red skate jersey looks like the letters on the name and the front C are too large. I don't think that jersey had a name bar either, since the other third jerseys from that era (Wildwing Ducks and TB Lightning) had the letters sewn directly onto the jersey without a name bar.

Most of the other cresting looks good though. Any pics of your Wildwing jersey? It's one of the jerseys I've been looking endlessly for but didn't want to pay through the roof for it. I wonder if they'll do non-NHL jerseys, I just picked up a Vancouver Voodoo RHI jersey...
Well I came across a picture of a Mogilny alternate in this thread : http://forum.canucks.com/topic/17805...te-jersey-red/ and it looks like it has a namebar. The numbers look to be the same size (if judging where the respective numbers are in relation to where the gradients are). Although I do agree that the old alternate's had the numbers sewn directly to the jersey, I've also seen a couple Lightning ones with an arched namebar. Either way he's been an awesome guy to deal with and if he can do my Wildwing without a namebar, I'm sure he can tackle an old Vancouver third.

No pics of my Wildwing yet as I just sent it out to him yesterday. And good luck trying to find a deal on a Wildwing because quite simply, I don't think you will. The last bunch that were on Ebay went for ~ $200 (although one XXL went unnoticed for $50!!) , and there was someone selling a XXL Selanne Wildwing on the Vancouver Craigslist a while back and he wanted close to $400. A little too rich, and too big for my taste! And props on getting a Vancouver Voodoo jersey! I remember going to those games as a kid and they were awesome. Shoot him an email and see what he says because that's very, very obscure!
__________________

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
The guy who bought the Wildwing Selanne jersey on eBay and the guy selling it locally on CL is the same guy. I dealt with him before when I sold him a jersey. The kid's name is Kevin and he's a massive reseller who constantly looks for deals online in order to make a quick buck. He must be on eBay 24/7 because I've seen him find some nice gems like mid-90s Third jerseys or authentic jerseys for dirt cheap.

He goes by "Gawdawaful" on eBay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #18
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
The Hype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,370
Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
The guy who bought the Wildwing Selanne jersey on eBay and the guy selling it locally on CL is the same guy. I dealt with him before when I sold him a jersey. The kid's name is Kevin and he's a massive reseller who constantly looks for deals online in order to make a quick buck. He must be on eBay 24/7 because I've seen him find some nice gems like mid-90s Third jerseys or authentic jerseys for dirt cheap.

He goes by "Gawdawaful" on eBay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
I know who you're talking about, but it's not him. Different guy named Jesse w/ the Selanne Wildwing. Tried bargaining with him for it (even offered my CCM/RBK discount), but he was still firm on the price so I said forget it. Ended up finding a Wildwing in a size Large and now it's being customized for cheaper than what he wanted!
__________________

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #19
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,806
Thanked 367 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
I know who you're talking about, but it's not him. Different guy named Jesse w/ the Selanne Wildwing. Tried bargaining with him for it (even offered my CCM/RBK discount), but he was still firm on the price so I said forget it. Ended up finding a Wildwing in a size Large and now it's being customized for cheaper than what he wanted!
Yeah I think I know who you're talking about, white guy from Richmond? I've dealt with him too. I sold him my authentic Bure Skate logo jersey and he checks the details of the jersey down to a T. There were some stains on the jersey and the name bar was whiter than the rest of the jersey because I had it added later on so I just wanted to get rid of it and gave him a deal.

He's interested in my 2 Bure jerseys (which are still for sale btw ) but offered me way below what I'm asking and haven't talked to him since.
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #20
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
The Hype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,370
Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Yeah I think I know who you're talking about, white guy from Richmond? I've dealt with him too. I sold him my authentic Bure Skate logo jersey and he checks the details of the jersey down to a T. There were some stains on the jersey and the name bar was whiter than the rest of the jersey because I had it added later on so I just wanted to get rid of it and gave him a deal.

He's interested in my 2 Bure jerseys (which are still for sale btw ) but offered me way below what I'm asking and haven't talked to him since.
Yeah that's him. He's in love with authentic Bure/Canucks stuff from the 90's. Interesting in that he was super firm about his price on the Wildwing, yet would lowball you. Nice to know they're still for sale, but I only collect Ducks jerseys (the collection is a little small, but it will get bigger!) as they're my favorite team.
__________________

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net