REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-automotive-chat_13/)
-   -   Where can I get the cheapest 3" stainless exhaust pipe. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/605000-where-can-i-get-cheapest-3-stainless-exhaust-pipe.html)

zixian 02-04-2010 09:05 AM

Where can I get the cheapest 3" stainless exhaust pipe.

I'm looking for a 8ft straight section of 3" stainless pipe. Where would be the cheapest place to start looking?

ChrisStang 02-04-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zixian (Post 6802744)
I'm looking for a 8ft straight section of 3" stainless pipe. Where would be the cheapest place to start looking?

Under your neighbour's diesel pickup.

blackgxp 02-04-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zixian (Post 6802744)

hardware stores??haha.. I don't know.. I tried to get my exhaust system done in full stainless steel in the island.. no one could do it.. think you have to go to mainland like I did..

jeff_alexander 02-04-2010 11:48 AM

Homedepot?

Manic! 02-04-2010 12:23 PM

http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/
Victoria 2111 Keating Cross Road (250) 544-4000

Enraged 02-04-2010 12:27 PM

thats where I got my 3" stainless tubing.

if you need a welder, nashman did my testpipe, turned out nice.

zixian 02-04-2010 01:17 PM

thanks guys..

Metalsupermarkets i do not equate with cheap.. or even close to.. i feel violated everytime i walk out of there...

I got a welder,i'm not great but it is a pretty straight shot out the back with maybe two 45s...so nashman won't be needed... hahah

anyone got some 3" mufflers or resonators they don't want :D

Super Dipper 02-04-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackgxp (Post 6802933)
hardware stores??haha.. I don't know.. I tried to get my exhaust system done in full stainless steel in the island.. no one could do it.. think you have to go to mainland like I did..

there are guys on the island that do it, but they aint cheap.

last 2 exhaust systems i had done were well over $2k.

edit:

check out shamrock metals. they are on veyaness i believe. They carry similar stock to metal supermarkets but are much more reasonable priced

ostampflee 02-04-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Dipper (Post 6803176)

edit:

check out shamrock metals. they are on veyaness i believe. They carry similar stock to metal supermarkets but are much more reasonable priced

I've looked before, but are there any metal retailers on the West Shore?

Super Dipper 02-04-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ostampflee (Post 6803478)
I've looked before, but are there any metal retailers on the West Shore?

closest retailer on the west shore that i can think of is lejeune engineering or A&A performance chassis

blackgxp 02-04-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Dipper (Post 6803176)

edit:

I didn't find any that could.. and 2k I'm guessing is for Y piping for dual exhaust is expensive.. Zens***** 's fabricator would like to do it for only 700 bucks plus magnaflow muffler.. It's sad that he went to the states.. But in van the did it for 900 only too.. I think I know the guy you re talking about tho..

Super Dipper 02-05-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackgxp (Post 6803996)
I didn't find any that could.. and 2k I'm guessing is for Y piping for dual exhaust is expensive.. Zens***** 's fabricator would like to do it for only 700 bucks plus magnaflow muffler.. It's sad that he went to the states.. But in van the did it for 900 only too.. I think I know the guy you re talking about tho..

? you probably couldnt find anyone to do bc the guys that do it, dont advertise and dont need to really. their work speaks for itself. and no 2k was for a single 2.5" collector back exhaust, 2 polished 2.5" resonators, 1 mondo huge stainless muffler and a couple of v-bands.

we dont play with y pipes and dual exhaust. that shit adds weight and is a waste of time/money

92SIvic 02-07-2010 03:36 PM

theres a new guy thats just opened up out on keating off of Butler cres. ill try and find their name.

blackgxp 02-07-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Dipper (Post 6804845)
? you probably couldnt find anyone to do bc the guys that do it, dont advertise and dont need to really. their work speaks for itself. and no 2k was for a single 2.5" collector back exhaust, 2 polished 2.5" resonators, 1 mondo huge stainless muffler and a couple of v-bands.

we dont play with y pipes and dual exhaust. that shit adds weight and is a waste of time/money

I've put my car's back to normal.. the magnaflow sounds like civic (no offense) .. you know what would be good for my car? do you have a website? I tried to google the team 4 motorsports.. couldn't find it.. thanks

Super Dipper 02-07-2010 08:32 PM

Team 4 is our race team. no website.

a large body, stainless magnaflow with 2.5" pipe and a decent flowing resonator and leaving the cat in the car will create a nice flowing/sounding exhaust

and by ditching the cat you dont gain any substantial power, not enough to warrant pulling the cats. quite the opposite, by installing a highflow, you can actually gain a couple hp over running a test pipe or just a res.

Black SC2 02-08-2010 10:52 AM

There are quite a few places to do that kind of work. Jas, I'm guessing you're referring to KB, and LeJeune in your comments? I have a bias towards LeJeune of course, even though I wouldn't be the one doing the work.

Another place to check for stainless pipe is Steel Pacific. They do more than just straight scrap metal. I saw a huge pile of 2.5" not long long ago that was part of a pulp mill tear down. Totally untouched, and much cheaper than at Metal Supermarkets. This was at their Duncan yard, but if you pop into the Vic yard and they don't have it, they should be able to call up to Duncan for you. If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll make the call myself.

Super Dipper 02-08-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black SC2 (Post 6807975)
There are quite a few places to do that kind of work. Jas, I'm guessing you're referring to KB, and LeJeune in your comments? I have a bias towards LeJeune of course, even though I wouldn't be the one doing the work.

Another place to check for stainless pipe is Steel Pacific. They do more than just straight scrap metal. I saw a huge pile of 2.5" not long long ago that was part of a pulp mill tear down. Totally untouched, and much cheaper than at Metal Supermarkets. This was at their Duncan yard, but if you pop into the Vic yard and they don't have it, they should be able to call up to Duncan for you. If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll make the call myself.

yuppers :)

ChrisStang 02-10-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black SC2 (Post 6807975)

I used to work in a pulp mill, and although good quality pipe, the pulp mill stuff is probably mighty thick, and your exhaust system would weigh like 200 lbs.

Black SC2 02-11-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisStang (Post 6810873)
I used to work in a pulp mill, and although good quality pipe, the pulp mill stuff is probably mighty thick, and your exhaust system would weigh like 200 lbs.

This stuff was pretty light. Same shit we would have used at work to do an exhaust with.

NashMan 02-11-2010 01:44 PM

the cheepest plac ei cna get 3 inc stain less is lord co

vibrante sells 8 foot stick's and smaller if remember right

Phiber Optik 02-15-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92SIvic (Post 6807238)
theres a new guy thats just opened up out on keating off of Butler cres. ill try and find their name.

Check out AB Auto on the other side of butler cres, Kirkpatrick, Wade is the best welder I know

zixian 02-19-2010 05:31 PM

the best lor dco can do is 160 for a 5ft section of SS.. vibrant only sells 5 ft sections.. and i dunno if that price is the best they will do for everyone...maybe some one can get it cheaper..

and there is none on the island right now.

Enraged 02-19-2010 06:06 PM

try mopac, i get alot of stuff from them cheaper than lordco can sell for, even after shipping