REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   Integra B18C1 GSR Modding Help! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/605001-integra-b18c1-gsr-modding-help.html)

JdmEg6 02-04-2010 09:20 AM

Integra B18C1 GSR Modding Help!

Hey guys,

I own a 2000 Integra GSR, and i've been building it up for bolt on performance mods and cosmetic aswell. I feel its time to focus on the performance aspect and get a new mod but I would appreciate someones guidance.

Currently I have

Password JDM Cf Whale Penis Intake
NGK iridium spark plugs and wires
and lastly a full T1R catback exhaust but the kicker is that the previous owner had a high flow cat welded onto the 2.5" piping which links up to my old cat so I am running to cat's at the moment (stock gsr and high flow cat)

My goal with this car was never to make it a speed demon, simply to have a nice clean car but I want to do something new that would give it some more hp/torque without breaking the bank!

My original thought was to get a smsp or hytech replica header online and run a test pipe to create more flow which would give me some noticeable results. I even found B Series Narrow Race Header shipped for around 400 which seems to be a great deal for an amazing header.

my budget for this new mod would be around 500 since im on a tight budget atm but future plans would be great too

Maybe cam gears? a pulley set? intake manifold?

Thanks guys, and can't wait to see everyone at Spring Meet :D

kroy546 02-04-2010 05:39 PM

running the header and test pipe without a tunning will not give any noticeble gain
for 500 buck..i would get the 70mm bored ITR throttle body for 100 bux on RS
and then get a used ITR intake manifold if u can mate with the hondata intake manifold gasket...the gasket is about 50-70 bucks..u can get it locally from hybrid racing
so theres about 300 bucks left for your used ITR intake manifold

as for header...try to stick with a used toda,j's racing,spoon,mugen as u could because they are proven to give power gains as the replicas may be cheaper but who knows theres real gain for your bucks

mate the header with a test pipe and your catback with a tune if u can afford it

there u will have a pretty reliable and fast NA b18c1

as for cams and cam gears, cam gears are pretty useless without tunning and more aggressive cams.. and running aftermarket cams without aftermarket valve train is risky....

hope it helps

cdizzle_996 02-04-2010 07:32 PM

Save your money and buy a house.

Derek128 02-04-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kroy546 (Post 6803452)
running the header and test pipe without a tunning will not give any noticeble gain
for 500 buck..i would get the 70mm bored ITR throttle body for 100 bux on RS
and then get a used ITR intake manifold if u can mate with the hondata intake manifold gasket...the gasket is about 50-70 bucks..u can get it locally from hybrid racing
so theres about 300 bucks left for your used ITR intake manifold

as for header...try to stick with a used toda,j's racing,spoon,mugen as u could because they are proven to give power gains as the replicas may be cheaper but who knows theres real gain for your bucks

mate the header with a test pipe and your catback with a tune if u can afford it

there u will have a pretty reliable and fast NA b18c1

as for cams and cam gears, cam gears are pretty useless without tunning and more aggressive cams.. and running aftermarket cams without aftermarket valve train is risky....

hope it helps

ITR intake manifold will NOT fit GSR's B18C1 head

Phil@rise 02-05-2010 09:45 AM

Get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator a larger TB, higher flow intake manifold, port match the intake manifold and existing exhaust header to your head, all things you want a pro to do but very important if you want all the power those parts are designed to give.

JdmEg6 02-05-2010 08:12 PM

Thanks for everyones guidance. Much appreciated. Others feedback is more than welcome!!!

I'm in the market for 4-1 jdm itr headers or any other aftermarket jdm header in case anyone has or knows anyone. It's all about who you know right? hehe