REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Advance Motorsports (https://www.revscene.net/forums/606197-advance-motorsports.html)

Mugen EvOlutioN 02-25-2010 09:44 AM

like nearly 5 months ago
:rolleyes:

DC5-S 02-25-2010 10:57 AM

Why did ken quit? He installed all the mods on my car. Good thing I'm finished modding now
Posted via RS Mobile

!Aznboi128 02-25-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 6831947)
Why did ken quit? He installed all the mods on my car. Good thing I'm finished modding now
Posted via RS Mobile

no one is ever finish modding their cars, there's always more to add/change

drunkrussian 02-25-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 6822515)
there's sorat (another rs sponsor)

advance autosport in North Van, pretty good prices

got my new tires there 6 months ago. Very cheap prices plus he recmmended me a different (cheaper) tire that was better for what i needed. Quick service too; just had to wait for the 2 ppl getting theirs put on ahead of me

are advanced rs sponsors? If they are sponsors and are as bad as some ppl say, i'd be kinda disappointed, as i expect RS to only allow quality sponsorship.

!SG 02-25-2010 03:47 PM

ADVANCED AUTOSPORTS (located in north van) IS SORA'T WHEELS.

same company, same guy, just different name, hence the banner change!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkrussian (Post 6832204)
got my new tires there 6 months ago. Very cheap prices plus he recmmended me a different (cheaper) tire that was better for what i needed. Quick service too; just had to wait for the 2 ppl getting theirs put on ahead of me

are advanced rs sponsors? If they are sponsors and are as bad as some ppl say, i'd be kinda disappointed, as i expect RS to only allow quality sponsorship.

!Yaminashi 02-25-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 6831947)
Posted via RS Mobile

I dealt with ken alot before he left, some days I'd stop by after work just to hang around the shop a bit. I asked the other guys in the shop at the time why he was leaving and nobody knew :(
Sucks, ken was a good guy

acurael 02-25-2010 10:13 PM

Yah Ken was awesome...i feel lost now...nowhere to go. I cant trust anyone:mad:

Lomac 02-25-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexluthor09 (Post 6830095)
The thing you're all forgetting is, the quality of work isn't based on the shop, it's based on the people working there.

A guy with no experience using a Corghi machine will fuck up just as much as guy using an old school pry bar style machine. Trust me I've seen it happen.

That being said, most of you are getting ripped off at the prices I'm hearing.

I've done 25 series 22" with no problem scratching the rims, both reverse mount and regular mount styles on the OLD school prybar machines. Like i said it really depends on who does it, and the experience level they have.

And 125 bucks to swap on tires? It's roughly 40/50 bucks at my place and I'll even balance them for free. 125 is how much it costs to balance/mount. Yikes.

:werd:

The shop I go to for getting tires mounted and balanced will actually do it for the price of a 24 pack of timbits, when it's not simply free. It's not a Canadian Tire nor a fly-by-night "performance" type shop and they do have both new and old school mounting machines. I've never had a problem with scratched rims before, regardless of which method I saw them use. It all boils down to experience. Even an "idiot-proof" machine can still do damage if someone new isnt' familiar with it.

!Aznboi128 02-25-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6832356)
ADVANCED AUTOSPORTS (located in north van) IS SORA'T WHEELS.

same company, same guy, just different name, hence the banner change!

oh my bad, lol always called him "sorat" so that was unique lol

SRTOY 03-02-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acurael (Post 6833074)
Yah Ken was awesome...i feel lost now...nowhere to go. I cant trust anyone:mad:

me too :mad: oh well i ive been going to garage5 and theyre just as good. nice guys. no bs. i really dont like a&j or teamwork

roverT 03-24-2010 11:15 PM

You can also goto www.thespeedsyndicate.com

I've known them for years and they just opened up the shop. They have the touchless Corghi machine which also does runflats. Pretty heafty machine and I know that they are VERY well verse on it since they've been using it previous to their new business. Give them a shot.

The owner has been working on my car for 2 years now and has done all the mods that I couldn't do on my driveway. Totally trustworthy. I was there today and they're working on some custom mods to make an S55 and CLS55 faster. They've already modded the CLS55 to run an 11.344@124.8 1/4 mile at the drags with more mods to come. I'd say they know what they're doing.

acurael 03-24-2010 11:30 PM

speedsyndicate? Is this shop opened by the previous workers at Advanced? Alex and...cant rmb the other name. If so I will definitely check them out.

I had no issues with Advance until all the people that worked their left...they must of left for a reason - obviously the owner/new ppl doent know jack shit since they cant even mount 19 inch rims without scratching the shit out of them!

roverT 03-24-2010 11:34 PM

You are correct. :) They are doing something bigger and better now. I totally trust them with my 17, 18, and 19's....haha. They even do 24's as well! Can't wait for them to start posting here in due time.

umpadupa 03-26-2010 01:42 AM

im gonna have 2 say Sorat, great prices + free mount and balance

124Y 03-26-2010 01:49 AM

I just went to Speed Syndicate a few days ago to get some tires mounted. The guys there are very nice and helpful! Moreover, the pricing is pretty good.