REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Shipping hockey gear to Pt. Roberts (https://www.revscene.net/forums/606518-shipping-hockey-gear-pt-roberts.html)

KrAyZiE TRD 02-20-2010 02:08 AM

Shipping hockey gear to Pt. Roberts

I bought a bunch of hockey equipment online but it turned out not fitting the way I hoped it would so I'm planning to return it.
However, the first time I picked it up I had to pay duties+taxes on them.

I'm planning to buy different equipment now so is there a way to buy the new equipment without having to pay duty+taxes again or just pay on the extra new amount?

Thanks

younglude 02-20-2010 10:20 AM

you will have to pay on the new equipment there is no ways around that.

you can try taking the proof of refund to canada customs and see if you can get your money back for that

mickz 02-20-2010 10:32 AM

Only way to avoid duties is to buy gear made in north america. You'll still have to pay taxes when you import it back
Posted via RS Mobile

Jermyzy 02-20-2010 12:54 PM

Is it from the same store you bought the first one and was it an exchange? Or a completely separate purchase? I've done exchanges before crossing pt Roberts and showed the customs officer the return/exchange authorization and had no problems.

KrAyZiE TRD 02-20-2010 10:09 PM

yea I bought some ccm gear from hockeymonkey but it oesn't fit me well so I'm gonna get something else.
I'm just worried since I'm exchanging for totally different gear so customs might think I'm buying a different set.
Does hockeymonkey provide a return invoice or anything that you can show customs?

FAWKER 02-20-2010 11:18 PM

you could always try to sell it on RS or craigslist, since you probably bought it cheaper than CDN retail

ewong 02-21-2010 11:33 PM

I bought stuff and picked it up at Blaine just across the border, I went to Jack in the Box after and turn back around. At the border the guards asked where I went I said Jack in the Box and that was it. It only cost between $5-$10 to pick up stuff at one of the post office at Blaine

Leopold Stotch 02-25-2010 09:21 PM

Sorta OT OP,

did they give you crap for ordering from Canada? my friend's having issues ordering from them even though they've done it before.

KrAyZiE TRD 02-26-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch (Post 6832967)
Sorta OT OP,

did they give you crap for ordering from Canada? my friend's having issues ordering from them even though they've done it before.

Nope... but it's their policy to not ship certain brands to Canada so maybe that's why? But who cares.. That's what the US gets for making Pt. Roberts a tiny town in the middle of Canada

Some of the things I didn't like about their company were:
1. Sent me the wrong item
2. They charge Handling Fees
3. Return costs come out of your own pocket

Leopold Stotch 03-01-2010 07:52 PM

^ yea that totally sucks, if they send you the wrong item why should you have to pay for it right? but i guess that's one of the downfalls of online shopping.

if you haven't sold it yet and they're say hockey pants

i might be interested i need new pants, and since you haven't worn them yet i'll see if they fit.