REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Condensation/leak (https://www.revscene.net/forums/606745-condensation-leak.html)

Mr.Jay 02-22-2010 09:23 PM

Condensation/leak

well looks like I got juiced by the dude that sold me my hatch

I bought the car in the summer so everyday was nice but now that it is colder and we are getting rain I notice that my floor mats are soaked whenever it rains, at 1st I thought it was someone spilling water in my car but that deff is not the case.

I was wondering where I can go to get someone to take a look this or if anyone knew what this could be.

also I have checked my trunk and water does not seem to be leaking in there but I am getting crazy condensation on my rear and front windshields.

any and all help is very much appreciated

c4@urdoor 02-22-2010 10:26 PM

I can almost guarantee you its the front windshield drainage channels. They get clogged in the inside and it ends up leaking into the interior.

Qmx323 02-22-2010 11:18 PM

does it have a sunroof? check the drain channels

also check ur windshield seal (exterior), my old prelude had a crack in it and i sealed it and it stopped the leak

SpuGen 02-23-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c4@urdoor (Post 6828028)
I can almost guarantee you its the front windshield drainage channels. They get clogged in the inside and it ends up leaking into the interior.

If it's a S13 hatch, yeah this is the culprit.

There's a hose that runs from the passenger A pillar down through the car.
It's probably broken and you probably have a rusted floor by now. Good luck with that.

This is also why S13's keep blowing ECUs.

Mr.Jay 02-23-2010 12:41 AM

its a civic hatch ek/ej

it has an aftermarket sunroof on it

i am going to try and find any leaks tomorrow

SpuGen 02-23-2010 12:43 AM

Oh. It's a Civic.

Aftermarket sunroof? peel back the roof lining + a/b pillar and have someone spray a hose over the roof.

Mr.Jay 02-23-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 6828162)
Oh. It's a Civic.

Aftermarket sunroof? peel back the roof lining + a/b pillar and have someone spray a hose over the roof.

yea I was thinking that could be the cause of my condensation but I think it wouldn't cause my floor mats to get wet

I might have more than 1 leak, just hoping if people knew any trouble spots on the hatches

SpuGen 02-23-2010 12:51 AM

You'd be surprised what a leaking sunroof would do to your car.
It could so be a broken grommet/plug/whatever letting water in. Check around where your harness enters the car, as well as the pedal area.

Is it coming from ONE side or both?