REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-automotive-chat_153/)
-   -   new class at ashcroft for street&doorslammers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/607226-new-class-ashcroft-street-doorslammers.html)

68bird 02-27-2010 09:20 PM

new class at ashcroft for street&doorslammers

This year we will again be trying something different. We will be running the CPSA Open Comp class at three races. The following are the rules for the class,

CPSA Racing Open Comp Rules

Class Description:
This class was designed for all vehicles and trucks that run slower than 7.50 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Dragsters, Alters & Motorcycles are not permitted. The "Open Comp" class will be run on an Open Comp format with a 1-tenth (1/10th) breakout. What this means is, you get 3 rounds of qualifying. You take 1/10th off your quickest time and that is your automatic dial-in for eliminations. This time will be yours throughout eliminations (it does not change). The best reaction time is the #1 qualifier, you will then be put on a Sportsman ladder for eliminations. There is basically no rules in this class, so come out and have some fun.

Class Guidelines
Rules & Regulations:
Open Comp is based on an Open Comp format, which uses a " 4/10ths Pro Tree" start system. Any "door slammer-type" vehicle is permitted. Any modifications, any tires, any vehicle weight, or power adders are permitted. Trans-brakes and 2-steps are permitted. Delay boxes, Throttle-stop, crossover boxes, or any "reaction-time related" electronic aides strictly prohibited.

E.T. Limits:
The fastest qualifying ET permitted in the Open Comp class is 7.50. Any qualifying pass quicker than 7.50 will be disqualified and will not count. Competitor will be permitted to re-qualify (if additional qualifying rounds are left) slower than 7.50. Competition will be regulated under standard NHRA "First or Worst" competition policy during qualifying and eliminations.

Deep Staging:
Deep staging is permitted. Please have the words "DEEP" clearly written on all four windows.

CPSA Required Decals:

Series Sponsor Decal
TBA decal must be installed on base of windshield on the drivers side. (Bottom right hand side when looking at front of vehicle windshield)

Burn-Out Procedure:
Open Comp does not allow burn-outs across the starting line. You must complete and stop your burn-out without crossing the starting line.

Tow Vehicles:
Open Comp does not allow tow vehicles of any sort in the staging lanes. You can tow your vehicle back to the pits at the conclusion of your run after exiting the racing surface.

Contingency Program & Contingency Decals:
In order to become eligible for CPSA official race you must first become a member of the CPSA. You can do this at the CPSA Event Trailer during registration or on-line at the CPSA racing.

CPSA Pay Out

$ 500 min on 10 cars

$TBA.00 to Win
$TBA.00 Runner-up

$50.00 Entry fee + Track gate fee of $50.00 per day, If you are going to double class into open comp, the track fee will be only $25.00 per day

All drivers and vehicles must meet current NHRA and track requirements.

ps: i think the cut off is 12.99 or 13.50 and faster when i find out for sure and let you know i'll be running this class this year at ashcroft an mission i saw this class in vegas it was great i thought no real sandbaging and tight racing and saw a quit a few sportcompacts running this aswell let me know if you have any input on this class to draw more from the streetlegal crowed to try it out

Jr.'s_G2 03-02-2010 07:40 PM

that sounds cool

time to build another car.

Justin

zumvette 03-15-2010 11:05 PM

i think i just wanna do wheelies this yr,