REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   Shops that can hoist car up to pressure wash underneath (https://www.revscene.net/forums/607302-shops-can-hoist-car-up-pressure-wash-underneath.html)

MR_BIGGS 03-01-2010 09:18 AM

Shops that can hoist car up to pressure wash underneath

Hey guys,

So I drove my car into a shallow ditch and had to get a tow truck to get it out :(. Does anyone know a place locally (Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Richmond) that would be able to hoist it up and pressure wash underneath the car. Most of the dirt and grass is stuck near the front of the car.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

TOPEC 03-01-2010 10:33 AM

i have never seen a car wash place that has a hoist.
let me know if u find a place, cause i would like to wash the under body too.

Integgyy 03-01-2010 11:58 AM

Richmond Autospa or Yaletown Autospa both have hoist and can pressure wash underneath your car. you can get a brand new undercoat while your there as well:thumbsup:

hk20000 03-01-2010 12:38 PM

nice thanks for the heads up.

NeoDestinyZ 03-01-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Integgyy (Post 6838574)
Richmond Autospa or Yaletown Autospa both have hoist and can pressure wash underneath your car. you can get a brand new undercoat while your there as well:thumbsup:

How much does it cost? And do they have rust protection etc?

GabAlmighty 03-01-2010 02:17 PM

So long as I can't see it I don't care..

And how'd you end up in a ditch?

MR_BIGGS 03-01-2010 03:03 PM

So I called Richmond Autospa and they won't hoist the car up and pressure wash as it is too messy to deal with, and the guy didn't know of a place that would do it. I'm sure Yaletown would say the same thing.

So anyone else know of a place that would do it?

Or does anyone else have some advice? I washed my car today and got underneath and did as much as I could. Lots of mud and grass came out, but I know theres a shit more I can't reach.

dimdiu 03-01-2010 03:15 PM

isn't there auto car wash that sprays underneath ur car? back in the days i remember my tutor telling me there are gas stations with car wash where they are able to spray underneath ur car so salt from the road would not stay and rust ur car?

Iceman-19 03-01-2010 03:17 PM

jack up the front end and pressure wash it.

Integgyy 03-01-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimdiu (Post 6838824)
isn't there auto car wash that sprays underneath ur car? back in the days i remember my tutor telling me there are gas stations with car wash where they are able to spray underneath ur car so salt from the road would not stay and rust ur car?

yeah the touchless car washes, the esso on kingsway has one.

spoon.ek9 03-01-2010 05:53 PM

yeah, i think touchless car washes that spray under the car are your best bet. if not, just jack up the front and back quickly at richmond autospa to do your work. how low is your car? if it's stock height this should be quick and easy. otherwise you'd have to use a scissor jack like me :p

racerman88 03-01-2010 06:32 PM

have you tried taking your car up to North Van where the trains are. There is a place that you can drive your car through that sprays water up underneath your car. Not sure if it is still available or not. I used to drive my car through there just to get the under carriage sprayed.

AVS_Racing 03-01-2010 07:14 PM

throw ur sprinkler under ur car or jack up ur car then throw sprinkler under ur car if its too low

Roach 03-01-2010 07:46 PM

The Wash World drive through wash thing in Richmond has an underbody high pressure wash. I think it's around $10-$20. Located at the corner of No. 4 Rd and Steveston Highway.

I do it after every winter.

Kev

DasHooch 03-01-2010 09:26 PM

Easywash in North Vancouver, Main St & Mountain Hwy near the 2nd Narrows. They've got fairly strong underspray on their $13 carwash option. Also, they've got hydrogen fuel cell power. If you are paranoid I think the $20 option has a clean guarantee and they would probably let you drive through a few times.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about dirt underneath the car. I might worry if I thought something was damaged underneath, but grass tends to yield to metal. Might be worth having the gas, brake and other under body lines checked. However, I think you'd find out fast if they were leaking.

MR_BIGGS 03-01-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DasHooch (Post 6839528)
Easywash in North Vancouver, Main St & Mountain Hwy near the 2nd Narrows. They've got fairly strong underspray on their $13 carwash option. Also, they've got hydrogen fuel cell power. If you are paranoid I think the $20 option has a clean guarantee and they would probably let you drive through a few times.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about dirt underneath the car. I might worry if I thought something was damaged underneath, but grass tends to yield to metal. Might be worth having the gas, brake and other under body lines checked. However, I think you'd find out fast if they were leaking.

Thanks for that info.

I did get a lot of the dirt, grass out myself, but I'm sure the hard to reach places has more. I actually am more concerned about the under body lines you mention. I guess a repair shop would help with those things right?

I will check out Easywash tomorrow.

turbo_slug 03-12-2010 05:27 PM

try a muffler place? i've seen them using water hoses on the underside of cars before working on the exhausts

Obsideon 04-08-2011 02:47 PM

Digging up an old thread, but just a quick question, would any of these places cause any concern for a car that is lowered?... I want my under carriage washed as well but worried that a lot of these Drive-thru Touchless Car wash places have some steep railings and bumps that might damage my lip.

kyoshiro 04-08-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 7381352)
Digging up an old thread, but just a quick question, would any of these places cause any concern for a car that is lowered?... I want my under carriage washed as well but worried that a lot of these Drive-thru Touchless Car wash places have some steep railings and bumps that might damage my lip.

The touchless at Husky on Seaisland and Gardencity doesnt have any bumps n railings afaik.
Touchless shouldnt need railings unless your car needs to be guided through, touchless should be the thing moves around the car.
railings = gg lowered cars yus

RevRav 04-08-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS (Post 6839544)
Thanks for that info.

I did get a lot of the dirt, grass out myself, but I'm sure the hard to reach places has more. I actually am more concerned about the under body lines you mention. I guess a repair shop would help with those things right?

I will check out Easywash tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 7381352)

That place is pretty decent. Sign up here: http://www.washme.ca/
and your first wash + every birthday...is free. After you sign up, they
give you this tiny sticker to stick onto your front windshield, and future
washes (after 6?8?pm) will receive 20% off. They open 24/7.