REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Running socks

I've been using socks with cool max(40% cotton 40% cool max, spandex, etc)

they're awesome for everyday use and training, but when it comes to doing distances up to 10k, they don't wick moisture well enough. i'm flatfooted and have been getting blisters where the inside of the arch would be.

i've been applying vaseline to where the blisters would normally form, it does help, but i want socks for extra protection.

i'm looking for 100% synthetic socks strictly for running. so does anyone have any recommendations on brands?

any places that offer better prices than the running room?

thanks
Advertisement
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Don't know about socks, but it sounds like you might wider shoes...The runners I got are a wide version of Asics...Never had problems, wearing any socks.
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
I've been in your situation and sadly, you'll just need to ante up and pay the prices for "runner's socks".

The Running Room has their own brand of socks (Wright socks) that have a double-layer of fabric so that your skin rubs the outer layer of the sock as opposed to the shoe. Also, I would recommend that you get a stick of Body Glide and apply it to areas where you would normally get blisters for an extra layer of protection.

Also, make sure you have the proper shoes for your feet. (Motion control, proper width, orthotics if necessary, etc.)
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Try Minoru in Yaletown, they're about $14.99 for a pair, but they're designed to draw moisture away from the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
how would socks wick away moisture when it's trapped inside a shoe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

yeah i'm wearing some motion control adidas shoes. they fit fine, width isn't too bad. i can run 10k without pain but it's just i have blisters afterwards. it seems most likely to be friction related from sweat since i can run shorter distances without blisters. i'll check out minoru and the wright brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urrh View Post
how would socks wick away moisture when it's trapped inside a shoe...
socks wick sweat out of the shoe cause running shoes usually are mesh or have some kinda dri-fit material.

any more suggestions for brands/
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

have you tried roll on deodorant on your foot ?? it shoudl help with the sweating.. that is what i do before longer runs =) seems to work ok !!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Oh...dri fit socks for me are the worst for long runs.

I have a pair from new balance...wicked cushioning and comfort. Very durable as well. 11.99 at sport check.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #9
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ I'm not positive, but I think the above poster meant Mizuno in Yaletown.

Besides Running Room, there's all the other running stores, Run Inn, Rackets & Runners, North Shore Athletics, Forerunners, etc and they all carry various running socks. I've had my best runs in Sole socks. They're fairly cheap too, but work well for me. Of course, using a stick of Body Glide doesn't hurt. I'm running half-marathons every weekend with no blisters.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: