REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Teeth Whitening strips (https://www.revscene.net/forums/608363-teeth-whitening-strips.html)

TripleSoul 03-10-2010 06:46 PM

Teeth Whitening strips

Anybody here have experience or have researched about using teeth whitening strips? Looks like Crest is the most common, but does it work better than cheaper generic brands like Shoppers ones?

Been browsing the net, and it looks like tooth sensitivity is the major s/e for 1 to 3 days but then it goes away after. What are your thoughts?

Bonka 03-10-2010 07:03 PM

I've used the Crest strips as well as having my teeth bleached after I had my braces removed - years of sriracha and sambal olek takes its toll :/. If regular cleaning doesn't take away the stains, the strips are the mildest whiteners to use that actually work well. I didn't notice too much sensitivity afterwards using both the 7 and 14(?) day packages but I would really use it sparingly and just avoid teeth staining foods, drinks and condiments. Also they only clean the incisors and maybe the bicuspids so if you're molars and brown and yellow and you really want them white consider more drastic measures.

SoulCrusher 03-10-2010 07:47 PM

try the search feature.

Chencake 03-13-2010 05:07 PM

i've used crest whitestrips before, and my teeth were only sensitive for the first two days. to be honest ive never tried the generic shoppers brand but if u look at the ingredients list and it is identical, then you'll be getting the exact same thing as crest exept ure not paying for the "CREST" logo stamped on the box. my friend tried the generic brand before and her results looked just as good as mine. i used the crest one when it first came out, which at that time only had the 14 day treatment and a few years later, my teeth are still quite white. however they arrre beginning to yellow by now (5/6 yrs) so im thinking of tounching them up again. probably gna try the 3 day treatment one by crest =]

hal0g0dv2 03-13-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleSoul (Post 6853646)
Anybody here have experience or have researched about using teeth whitening strips? Looks like Crest is the most common, but does it work better than cheaper generic brands like Shoppers ones?

Been browsing the net, and it looks like tooth sensitivity is the major s/e for 1 to 3 days but then it goes away after. What are your thoughts?

those are dumb
drink plenty of water, stay away from pop and wash your teeth 3 times a day and floss,
then once every 2 weeks put a strawberry and baking soda to a paste and brush with that
that is what i do and my teeth are whiter then my friends that take that whitening shit

SkippyLang 03-28-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6858970)
those are dumb
drink plenty of water, stay away from pop and wash your teeth 3 times a day and floss,
then once every 2 weeks put a strawberry and baking soda to a paste and brush with that
that is what i do and my teeth are whiter then my friends that take that whitening shit

strawberry and baking soda? how does that work?

hal0g0dv2 03-28-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atodac (Post 6882705)
strawberry and baking soda? how does that work?

science cant argue with that

6793026 03-29-2010 03:46 PM

^^^^ errrrr
Please be kind enough to send me an article on this please.

Everyone is different, there are people who doesn't eat candy and brush all the time but still have cavities.

tckm 03-30-2010 12:56 AM

ive tried crest white strips and cant stand how sensitive my teeth get

i stay away from all whitening strips/trays

toothbrush+whitening toothpaste+floss+mouthwash FTMFW

fnguyen96 04-28-2010 05:08 PM

whitestrips of any kind are shit
what whitestrips do is strip off the enamel on your teeth hence making it sensitive and making your teeth weak and easier to fall out or break upon any impact

just go to your dentist, get your teeth cleaned yearly, brush your teeth at least twice a day and after meals.

LC21 05-10-2010 10:24 PM

So i just got the 14day classic whitening strips and they seem to slip off and it forms a shit load of saliva in your mouth. Have anyone tried the whitening trays yet?

!Aznboi128 05-10-2010 10:47 PM

ask Richard Hammond :p

altho my gf did use crest white strips before and it works quite well

JSilver 05-11-2010 08:15 AM

Crest White Strips Classic has worked perfectly fine for me. Not sure what every ones complaining about. My teeth don't seem to be sensitive at all and they actually work.

I also find that Colgate Whitening Toothpaste work way better than Crest Whitening Toothpaste.

4runner21 06-25-2010 01:40 AM

the key is to brush your teeth without toothpaste, just water, right before using the strips.

teeth absorb much better. this info was passed along to me by a dental hyginest.

Amaru 06-25-2010 02:31 AM

The Crest "Advanced Seal" ones are by far the easiest and least annoying to use, imo.

I was not a fan of the Colgate "trays" at all, they were rubbish.

iam_dan 06-25-2010 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4runner21 (Post 7004903)
the key is to brush your teeth without toothpaste, just water, right before using the strips.

teeth absorb much better. this info was passed along to me by a dental hyginest.

this worked best for me too.
ive used the 10 day crest strips and they had really nice results.
honestly though i think it shouldnt be done more than once if you opt to try it out.

the first time was great and all, and the second time had great results too, but i really felt that it stripped my teeth of my enamel. my teeth were white, but no longer had that smooth glossy feeling on my teeth.

Harvey Specter 06-25-2010 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tckm (Post 6885844)
ive tried crest white strips and cant stand how sensitive my teeth get

i stay away from all whitening strips/trays

toothbrush+whitening toothpaste+floss+mouthwash FTMFW

Same thing happen to me, I also read that these strips are bad for your gums.

My electric toothbrush have made my teeth white enough for me to be happy, I've seen some people who have had their teeth whiten so many times that you can almost see right through the enamel. Looks gross.

Mugen EvOlutioN 06-25-2010 08:59 AM

i just finished one full application it looks good and all that

but after doing some research, apparently teeth whitening strips causes gum cancer and shit..

aint gonna use it no more
:(

jpark 06-25-2010 10:26 AM

^wtf...? starting to scare me :(

Mugen EvOlutioN 06-25-2010 12:48 PM

im not kidding, search it up

hence why i stop using it + it does irritate ur teeth quite a bit