REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

speeding ticket = automatic license suspension?

i was wondering if my license will get suspended if i get a speeding ticket cause my buddies at school tell me my license will get suspended for 3-6 months. I'm scared cause i just got a speed ticket a week ago

description of the ticket says: Speeding in Municipality under MVA section 146(1) and $198.00 fine

should i dispute this ticket or pay it? thanks!
Advertisement
tsx_cl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Your license won't get suspended. Maybe if it was excessive speeding you can get your license suspended on the spot. But don't quote me.

But if you have your N you'd have to be 24 months ticket and crash free, so if you have your N you'd have to restart the 12 month process.

You can dispute it, but how'd you get the ticket? We can give you a little more insight if we knew what you were doing and how you got the ticket
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
you only have to restart the GLP period if you get a suspension. the only way you're going to get a suspension from a speeding ticket is if it's excessive and carries 3 or more points, or if you have a lot of speeding tickets already, or a bunch of other tickets. then they might decide to suspend your license due to an unsavory driving history, but other than that, you wont lose it from one speeding ticket.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure thats how it plays out.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
From personal experience, after getting my first speeding ticket, I was issued 3 driver penalty points. From there, the Superintendent issues you a warning, telling you that you're on probation for the rest of your novice turn, and any points you accumulate next result in a suspension.
I ended up getting another ticket, which got me a 2 month suspension, and I had to redo my whole 24 month novice stage.

The lesson here? Be careful! Drive SMART

Also, try disputing that ticket of yours. What exactly happened?
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #5

well i jsut sped for fun cutting people haha stupid yea X_X also got driving contrary to restriction ticket stupid overpassenger law LOL

but yea i also heard that if i change my license plate the tickets will be voided is this true?
Old 03-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #6
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

You should get your license taken away for being an idiot. Also, changing your license plate has nothing to do with a speeding ticket, if that were the case a lot of people would be getting new license plates instead of paying their tickets
reaver64 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #7
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Please go hand in your license since you're obviously not mature enough to be driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
If you do get suspended. There is a way for you to shorten the suspension without having to write a letter to the superintendent. But the way you acted on the road, this lovely information will not be given to you.. Our streets are not a race track no matter how good of a driver you are (which you are not cause you just got your license) all it takes is one other person to hit the brakes as your weaving in and out and u slam right into them.
Remember when you are driving fast and weaving in and out, other people acctually make fun of you and think you are dumb over thinking you are cool..

Also i guess you are in High school. Dont driver over the restrictions because really your friends dont care about your license or your car they are just using you for the free ride and could care less about any tickets you get. Also the one driving always gets the ticket even if the passenger doesnt have a seat belt.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
I STILL don't get it

[QUOTE=Dragon-88;6864058] Our streets are not a race track no matter how good of a driver you are (which you are not cause you just got your license)

that could be wrong because takumi started his race on public road while he still attending high school :P

Last edited by benwang; 03-17-2010 at 10:22 AM.
benwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwang View Post

that could be wrong because takumi started his race on public road while he still attending high school :P
Yes cause that what we want. To teach the OP that racing is okay on the streets.. FAILED

Current:

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2001 Honda S2000
Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I'm suspended for 4 months for 2 speeding tickets. This suspension is absolutely hell for me, I lost my job because of it. Dont be stupid like yours truly, I've learnt my lesson. Don't take that DL for granted. Regardless of how good of a driver you think you are, not being able to drive just fucking sucks.

Pay it off and drive properly.
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
Retired Traffic Cop

Those two tickets = 6 points, so you will be hearing from the Superintendent with a prohibition if you are convicted of or pay both. See the sticky on points for the link to the Driver Improvement Program.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
If you do get suspended. There is a way for you to shorten the suspension without having to write a letter to the superintendent. But the way you acted on the road, this lovely information will not be given to you.. Our streets are not a race track no matter how good of a driver you are (which you are not cause you just got your license) all it takes is one other person to hit the brakes as your weaving in and out and u slam right into them.
Remember when you are driving fast and weaving in and out, other people acctually make fun of you and think you are dumb over thinking you are cool..

Also i guess you are in High school. Dont driver over the restrictions because really your friends dont care about your license or your car they are just using you for the free ride and could care less about any tickets you get. Also the one driving always gets the ticket even if the passenger doesnt have a seat belt.

i understand that racing is bad but whatever right? im in highschool and i want to have fun once in a while. However ive definitely learned my lesson ahah not gonna be speeding for a longggg time.

Its not because they using me for rides, its just im one of the couple people in my group of friends that have cars and well, u cant just leave a buddy behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
Those two tickets = 6 points, so you will be hearing from the Superintendent with a prohibition if you are convicted of or pay both. See the sticky on points for the link to the Driver Improvement Program.
so im probably gonna get license suspended then eh?

Last edited by tsx_cl; 03-17-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsx_cl View Post
i understand that racing is bad but whatever right? im in highschool and i want to have fun once in a while. However ive definitely learned my lesson ahah not gonna be speeding for a longggg time.

Its not because they using me for rides, its just im one of the couple people in my group of friends that have cars and well, u cant just leave a buddy behind
i hope you realize you can't go back in time, in case anything at all ever happens. you ever have that moment where you mess up and wish you could just go back in time, embarassing moment etc? i'm sure you have, now picture a dead man infront of your smashed windshield. wish you never used that wish until now? too late.

you wanna have fun? do coke. boost your adrenaline up, that way you get hurt not us.

i'm only stating all this, because you don't know how much value your DL is until it's gone. i've already heard from the Superintendent, i'm serving the suspension, i'm sitting here still wishing i could drive windows down, music bumping in this sunny day. you're capable of doing all that atm and i'm not.

and no you probably won't get suspended from one ticket, again if you were scared of one ticket. you'll #$%^ bricks literally for one casualty.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.

Last edited by skidmark; 03-17-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: language
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #15
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Lol OP is still young and learning, it's all good everyone is telling him it's the wrong thing to do. But each one of us have went through this exact phaze. So OP just know that one wrong decision in a motor vehicle can really change your life, you can easily hurt yourself and other innocent bystanders and it only takes 1 second to do it all. So just drive safe!
SpoonFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #16

Leave a buddy behind or suspended license you make the choice. And yes everyone like to speed hell i like to speed, but do it where no one is around.. Hell drive to abbotsford and find a nice empty road.. But stay the hell away from traffic and neighbourhoods. Plus mission isnt to far from there. When you are young you can get away with a lot of things. Having a vehicle is a big responsibility and you have to own up to your own problems. Cant go to mommy or daddy if you killed someone.

Current:

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2001 Honda S2000
Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #17
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Tell your buddy that "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" . Having a crash when you are violating the RESTRICTIONS on your DL will get you tickets and your insurance will not be valid. Hope you have learned this lesson...also to not speed and cut people ?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Your inability to notice the severity of your actions and immaturity would be enough for me to suspend you. And this is someone that doesn't even know what your driving records look like.

I sincerely hope that you get suspended and that you are dumb enough to get caught while suspended. Or that you would dispute this and get your ass handed to you by the JP.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #19
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonFit View Post
Lol OP is still young and learning, it's all good everyone is telling him it's the wrong thing to do. But each one of us have went through this exact phaze. So OP just know that one wrong decision in a motor vehicle can really change your life, you can easily hurt yourself and other innocent bystanders and it only takes 1 second to do it all. So just drive safe!
umm no even when I was 17 with my N I never drove around like an idiot weaving in and out of traffic because it was "fun". Sure I liked to speed, but speeding strictly meant going with the traffic flow which, most of the time, is 10-20 above the limit. This is not the same thing as speeding excessively in traffic, or weaving in and out cutting people off.

Last edited by skidmark; 03-19-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #20
I STILL don't get it

I hope you realize if an accident did occur in a situation where one of your passengers was either killed or injured, their family has the right to sue your ass. Your insurance won't cover you for shit. So much for buddies now right? Remember, as the driver you're responsible for all your passengers.
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #21
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
well i jsut sped for fun cutting people haha stupid yea X_X also got driving contrary to restriction ticket stupid overpassenger law LOL

but yea i also heard that if i change my license plate the tickets will be voided is this true?
Yes just change your license plate and you'll be fine!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #22
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
And put tin foil in your hubcaps and the Cops will not be able to get you on Radar...just use some from your hat...the one that stops the voices.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #23
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
Quote:
ur still a fucking moron..
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #24
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
TSX-CL, this kind of post is the reason the passenger limit was put in; a great majority of highspeed accidents caused by youths are immediately preceded by four words: "Hey guys, watch this!"

I really do hope you get your license suspended.
Posted via RS Mobile
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote