REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   Carb Rebuild (https://www.revscene.net/forums/609291-carb-rebuild.html)

Inaii 03-19-2010 11:46 AM

Carb Rebuild

Looking for a shop that does carb rebuilding (in the lower mainland), anyone know a good one? Friend told me I should try a hot rod shop, but anyone who does good work is fine by me.

TIA!

Phil@rise 03-19-2010 12:02 PM

We've done a few carb rebuilds what kind of car and carb?

Inaii 03-19-2010 12:09 PM

1983 Mazda RX-7, Nikki carb. It's got a different bottom plate on it though. The carb itself is the newer version, but the lower plate is the older version (if that makes any sense at all).

How much would I be looking at to have it rebuilt by you guys?

Phil@rise 03-19-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6867789)
1983 Mazda RX-7, Nikki carb. It's got a different bottom plate on it though. The carb itself is the newer version, but the lower plate is the older version (if that makes any sense at all).

How much would I be looking at to have it rebuilt by you guys?

So what I gather is the metering body is the newer style and the venturi plate base is the older style?
If I'm incorrect I'd have to see the carb. Is it possible for you to bring it in?

Inaii 03-19-2010 12:45 PM

Um, as far as I understand it, yes. A friend of mine put it together for me when he removed the rats nest. He said it had better throttle plates.

Are you open on sundays?

Phil@rise 03-19-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6867831)
Um, as far as I understand it, yes. A friend of mine put it together for me when he removed the rats nest. He said it had better throttle plates.

Are you open on sundays?

No sundays but if your at the RS meet this sunday with the car I can look at it

Inaii 03-19-2010 03:38 PM

I'll be at the meet, but in a different car. My rx isn't running right now because of the carb. Would it work if I just brought the carb or do you need the entire car lol. (I'm new at this, sorry >.<)

Phil@rise 03-19-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6868018)
I'll be at the meet, but in a different car. My rx isn't running right now because of the carb. Would it work if I just brought the carb or do you need the entire car lol. (I'm new at this, sorry >.<)

Just the carb would be fine but for tuning after the rebuild I would need the car

Inaii 03-20-2010 10:29 AM

Okay, I'm just looking around to see who can do it, what they'll charge right now. Don't get paid for a few weeks yet :) But if I can find someone to help me pull it off the car, I'll track you down at the meet tomorrow :D

Inaii 03-22-2010 09:39 PM

bump, still looking!