REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   Spotted: Confrontation on Kingsway (Silver Civic Coupe) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/609349-spotted-confrontation-kingsway-silver-civic-coupe.html)

Roach 03-20-2010 12:47 AM

Spotted: Confrontation on Kingsway (Silver Civic Coupe)

Little buzzed right now, but this has been bothering me tonight so I thought I'd test the waters here to see if I can find the perosn.

Around 7pm, was stopped at a light in Burnaby on Kingsway and Tyne I think, where the Safeway is, heading Eastbound. One block ahead, I see this silver Civic coupe, 99 or 2000 I think, stopped in the slow lane behind another vehicle.

I thought he was waiting for a pedestrian at first, but then realize he was in a confrontation with the driver of a dark-coloured JDM Land Cruiser. A huge caucasian guy came to your window and was screaming at you. As the light turned green I moved up and I noticed the guy throw some punches at you through the window.

As I was passing I saw him do this and pulled over right away to help you out. As I pull over, you rip away down the block on the right and the guy in the land cruiser runs back to his truck and takes off.

Anyways, I thought you should have called the cops. PM me if this is you as I witnessed the whole thing.

Details: Silver 99-2000ish Civic coupe lowered on black RS Watanabe style wheels with chrome lips. Oriental guy with glasses wearing a baseball cap and an Adidas sweater/zip or something.

If you're out there, don't be embarassed or anything guy. This dude was huge. I don't blame you for taking off but hope you called the cops.

Kev

1exotic 03-20-2010 01:12 AM

art thou leaking?

hail the amber lamps

Kim Jong Un 03-20-2010 01:27 AM

WHY A BROTHER GOTTA SPITT SHINE YO SHOE?:haha:

Vansterdam 03-20-2010 01:35 AM

QUICK SOMEONE CALL THE AMBER LAMPS

The_AK 03-20-2010 01:42 AM

I AM MOTHER FUCKER

Shun Izaki 03-20-2010 02:03 AM

i wouldn't have stopped to help if it was someone else's beef (you never knew what these punk kids are carrying)... but good on you for witnessing.

FI-Z33 03-20-2010 06:31 PM

props for you for being a nice guy :thumbsup:

gearshifter 03-20-2010 06:52 PM

props for being a nice guy yo

Advan_Japan 03-20-2010 07:34 PM

Damn, we definitely need more people like you around. Good stuff hope the guy is okay.

hchang 03-20-2010 08:32 PM

Civic guy probably cut off big caucasian guy, poor guy.

Hope the guy got away safely, and props on doing the right thing ;)

I probably wouldn't have gotten the courage to get out of the car, I wouldve pull over a little distance away and just keep flicking my high beams on and off to let them know I'm watching.

Again, props!

CP.AR 03-21-2010 04:13 PM

if you really want to help. I suggest you give a ring to crime stoppers
Posted via RS Mobile

tonyvu 03-21-2010 10:35 PM

call ambulamps

Mugen EvOlutioN 03-22-2010 07:33 AM

damn dude, props for you being a witness

SpuGen 03-22-2010 07:57 AM

If it was right on Kingsway and Tyne, there's a Ramada Hotel there.
They might have been able to catch it on Camera. Hotels usually have a camera that overlooks the front door area.

Roach 03-23-2010 07:02 PM

I called Crimestoppers as suggested. Didn't even think of it. Thanks!

And yeah, not the smartest move in hindsight but I was functioning more on adrenaline then logic lol.

Thanks for all the supportive words everyone. I wasn't expecting it.

Now what's all this amber light business? I'm confused.

Kev

TOPEC 03-23-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyvu (Post 6871192)
call ambulamps

nm

hchang 03-23-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 6874916)

Now what's all this amber light business? I'm confused.

RS Thread:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/punk-...ght=amberlamps

Video:
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

G-spec 03-25-2010 09:13 AM

haha, Roach you just reminded me of the exact same confrontation I saw a few months ago on Royal Oak and Imperial... It was between a younger nammer guy and a big white guy.... both looked about the same age....
BUT unlike your story this time it was the opposite, the nammer guy was in the white guys face pushing him and trying to pick a fight....

the nammer guy's dad was kind of trying to hold him back, not doing a very good job, and the white guy's girlfriend was standing behind him yelling "WTF"

I would have got out to maybe help diffuse the situation but I was too busy laughing at the sight of a 5'3 man showing around a guy that was around 6 foot and easily 200 pounds.... :haha:

thought about calling the cops since you never know where things may escalate too, but figured it would be useless cause if anything happened it would have been over long before the cops even got there...
fckin VPD is useless anyway, even if they showed up they'd probably end up macing the guy's girlfriend

Mugen EvOlutioN 03-25-2010 01:12 PM

^

now thats something you dont see everyday

:haha::haha::haha: