REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #26
VLS Head Mod

^^ hahaha I sure hope so

REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #27
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

My best friend and I both lost our fathers at a young age, mine was around 4 years old, I was raised by my mother and have 2 siblings a sister and a brother. Honestly it really hurt because when my father died he didn't leave any life insurance behind, my mom didn't really work because he didn't let her. When he died, it hurt my mom alot, and for myself i've had really tough times growing up, ive been taunted because of not having a father, sometimes people ask "where does your dad work?" I tell a lie, then I go home and cry about it. It really depends on what age and what type of relationship that you have with them, it will effect you irregardless, how much is the question. For me not having a father figure in the home (my mom never remarried or dated, just worked to take care of us), left a big void in my life. There was many things that I have been through that sometimes requires a man's advice, but couldn't turn to someone I trusted, I mean I appreciate all that my mother has done for me, she's done the best job possible, but a woman can't teach a male to become a man because she can't understand everything a man goes through. I ventured out into the streets to find answers that my mom and I didn't have answers to, I ended up hanging with the older people in my neighborhood and they raised me as well, never steered me down the wrong path, but allowed me to make mistakes and they could fix it for me. My mom understood that and the biggest thing she's ever done for me, was not necessarily allow me to, but understand what I have to go through (with making mistakes and learning from older people). A father couldn't tell you what type of girl to go for and avoid, which my mother was able to do.

The whole moral of the story is, people handle parents death/departure/relationships differently, but first hand, sometimes when things are difficult, im lost and miss my father, when I go through things I need to talk to someone close thats a male, I miss my father, but life moves on. It can effect you in many ways, it did mess up my social development, but being raised by a woman, I feel that I have a greater appreciation for women, im very polite and respectable towards them, even though it's not "cool" by standard, it's something i've developed, seeing my mother struggle and what she had to sacrifice, it made me a better man. It taught me to understand women, how to talk to women, it taught me not only how hurt a woman can be, but also taught me how amazingly strong that they could be as well.

Last edited by YoungRichFly; 04-27-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: more to add
YoungRichFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #28
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
^ great post. i feel for you girl. must have been tough. Never saw it from your side, thx for sharing.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #29
Banned By Establishment

girls with daddy problems = sluts
static is offline   Reply With Quote