REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #51
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
If you open your mouth, the breath with exhale from there rather than the nose, which makes "blowing your nose" into "breathing out of your mouth"
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #52
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If you open your mouth, the breath with exhale from there rather than the nose, which makes "blowing your nose" into "breathing out of your mouth"
just try it
if you don't need to blow your nose, just try opening your mouth and breathing out with your nose
works fine
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-02-2010, 01:33 AM   #53

If you need to blow your nose, it means it's blocked up by snot. It will be impossible to get rid of it with your mouth open... Why are you even arguing this? Why am I? I'll just bust out the fails instead.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:44 AM   #54
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerius View Post
This is how i pull it off:

Stop infront of the last sensor, when another car drives by to turn behind you, wait till they stop and move to the first sensor. They usually catch on and stay put.
That's what I do too. Also, from my experience, you have to get on top of the sensors before the perpendicular light changes to yellow in order to activate cheats!

-If you find yourself hitting every red during day time, try and get to the front of the line, then if you accel to ~65 at normal pace and keep at it, you'll be able to make the next light. Not sure if it applies outside of Vancouver

-At night ( I'm not sure when it starts ) on 49th, crossing Knight Street, that light is controlled solely by the sensor so if you have a car infront of you, let him get ahead of you about half a block? and have him activate the light so that when you get there it'll be green . Else if you notice on coming traffic heading to the light, just time it so they get to the sensor first. Off the top of my head, I'd say it takes about 10 seconds for the light to change ( granted that it did not just turn red for you. )
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:16 AM   #55
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
If you need to blow your nose, it means it's blocked up by snot. It will be impossible to get rid of it with your mouth open... Why are you even arguing this? Why am I? I'll just bust out the fails instead.
i'm arguing this because i'm sick atm (with a stuffy nose) and after reading your post, i tried blowing my nose and i could do it just fine

i'd throw some fails your way, but it seems like you've disabled fails on your posts or something, since you've been failed 0 times in 0 posts
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #56

You'd be wrong anyway, so no reason to bother trying

I don't know anyone who has blown out their eardrums by not opening their mouth when blowing.. But if you want to insist on it, go for it
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 AM   #57
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
-Don't baby your car during the break in period. It is not bad to bring the engine to redline every now and then. It is actually good for the engine, proven by many people, that the engine seals expand much better when it is exposed the full range of what it is capable of. The thing you don't want to do is keep it under 3000 rpm during break-in, because I guarantee you that your piston rings wont seat evenly. Highway driving is bad for new cars, because usually you'll drive at a fixed RPM, which means again, the piston rings will not seal fully and you'll burn oil in the later days.
Thanks. I guess you know more than the engineers who designed my car!
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #58
【=◈︿◈=】

Keep in mind, these are just tips i've found online, and aren't written by me

I just found them helpful, if you don't like em, the exit button is just a click away
Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #59
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
How the fuck can you blow your nose with your mouth open?
Quote:
how can't you =\
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i'm arguing this because i'm sick atm (with a stuffy nose) and after reading your post, i tried blowing my nose and i could do it just fine

i'd throw some fails your way, but it seems like you've disabled fails on your posts or something, since you've been failed 0 times in 0 posts
Quote:

I don't know anyone who has blown out their eardrums by not opening their mouth when blowing.. But if you want to insist on it, go for it
it actually works, just try breathing through ur nose with ur mouth open.
it's weird but it works. no BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #60
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
^ but only if you block the back of your mouth with your tongue. which is the same damn thing as closing your mouth. when you actually pay attention, if you think about using your nose with your mouth open and tongue out, your body still blocks off the back of your mouth, you should be able to feel this. I just tested all this and I get way less "nose pressure" when I'm sitting like an idiot with my mouth open and tongue out.

So in the end, it's all the same damn thing as you are not going to blow out your eardrums by blowing your nose.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #61
Better safe than Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT
-Don't baby your car during the break in period. It is not bad to bring the engine to redline every now and then. It is actually good for the engine, proven by many people, that the engine seals expand much better when it is exposed the full range of what it is capable of. The thing you don't want to do is keep it under 3000 rpm during break-in, because I guarantee you that your piston rings wont seat evenly. Highway driving is bad for new cars, because usually you'll drive at a fixed RPM, which means again, the piston rings will not seal fully and you'll burn oil in the later days.
This is very true, at break in period the con rods stretch ever so slightly. This means piston moves towards head a tiny bit more (.001-.004). If the con rod is not fully stretched once the motor is broken in, there is a chance the upper piston ring will break at high RPM's because of colliding with the TDC wear groove left by the piston.
OTG-ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #62
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:

Take a deep breath, close your mouth, plug your nose, and try to breathe out of your nose.

As for keeping your mouth open when exhailing, try clenching your teeth and breathing out of your nostrils, then try to breath out fast = Blowing your nose

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #63
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Take a deep breath, close your mouth, plug your nose, and try to breathe out of your nose.

As for keeping your mouth open when exhailing, try clenching your teeth and breathing out of your nostrils, then try to breath out fast = Blowing your nose
As underscore says, your tongue will still block the passage, therefore it's the same as closing of the mouth.
MaximalLazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #64

^^^ EXACTLY. Just because your LIPS are parted, doesn't mean you MOUTH IS CLOSED. God damn you guys can be retarded sometimes.

So whether you are making the "MMMMMM" sound (mouth closed with lips) or "NNNN" sound (mouth closed with tip of tongue) or "NG" sound (mouth closed with back of tongue), it's all the same damn thing. You can't blow your nose without doing one of those, and that means your mouth is closed. And you can't pop your fucking eardrums blowing your nose, unless you are retarded.

This thread is already stupid using the stupid "lifehacks" term I hate so much, now it's totally retarded with dumb advice about blowing your nose with your mouth open, and ruining your car during the break-in period.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #65
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanks for the tips! Some users may actually appreciate them unlike a certain member who hates anything that isn't his way with extreme bias.
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #66
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

here's a life hack for you guys.

Leaving the oven door open after your finished baking w/e. Free Heat ftw!

www.l2sc.net
FiveDime is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
Thanks for the tips! Some users may actually appreciate them unlike a certain member who hates anything that isn't his way with extreme bias.
Posted via RS Mobile
You're right, I have a strong bias against idiocy. Go ahead and blow your nose with your mouth open. Otherwise, your eardrums may explode!

I guess it doesn't matter though, because 2012 is right around the corner...
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #68
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post

nevermind..

Last edited by weitaro; 05-21-2012 at 11:47 PM. Reason: really dumb comment...
weitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #69
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
- Milk is good to cure a flaming mouth (due to spicy food)
Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #70
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weitaro View Post
I tried breathing out really fast with both nose and mouth..and it works.

definitely doable
the instant you try to have air flow through your nose, the back of your mouth blocks off your mouth to force the air pressure to flow out your nose.

YOU CAN'T BREATHE/BLOW OUT YOUR NOSE WITH YOUR MOUTH *ACTUALLY* OPEN

fuck...
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #71
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
- Milk is good to cure a flaming mouth (due to spicy food)
to add onto this, drinking water when your mouth is burning up is counter productive, as it actually spreads the spiciness around your mouth, making it worse
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #72
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
if the only thing available to you is water when your mouth is burning, drink it and keep it in your mouth cavity for a while before swallowing helps. Repeat the process and gradually the spice is lifted off the tongue.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi

Last edited by hk20000; 04-04-2010 at 09:57 PM.
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #73
Banned (ABWS)

The eardrum blowing up from sneezing is not about opening your mouth. Have you seen people try to sneeze silent. That can cause some damage.
DuhDang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #74
Banned (ABWS)

skinnypupp, what is your connection to revscene that makes you a moderator?
fishing666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #75
【=◈︿◈=】

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhDang View Post
The eardrum blowing up from sneezing is not about opening your mouth. Have you seen people try to sneeze silent. That can cause some damage.
as well, one of the things that is advised that you don't do when you have a ruptured eardrum is blow your nose (i can provide sources if needed)

because i can't find any link between blowing your nose and rupturing your ear drum (aside from furthering the damage), i'm going to go ahead and assume it's a myth. i don't check every single one of my facts before i go ahead and post them, so if you see one that you know isn't true, just post a comment and i'll remove it

like i said, i'm just getting these online, not throwing them out at the top of my head