REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   anyone know of a US domestic parts website that ships USPS? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/611131-anyone-know-us-domestic-parts-website-ships-usps.html)

Avery 04-07-2010 05:15 PM

anyone know of a US domestic parts website that ships USPS?

im looking for wheel bearings / hub assembly for my truck and im having a real problem finding companys in the states that will ship via USPS to canada , so i dont get the shaft on brokage fees and i cant justify paying 50% more for no reason when the part is manufactured their anyway .. anyone got some suggestions?

subordinate 04-07-2010 05:28 PM

tried

www.rockauto.com ?

I'm sure there's a couple of discount codes online as well.

-----

Edit: NVM, Rockauto uses either Fedex or UPS

schmooot 04-07-2010 05:59 PM

check out www.autopartsway.ca, free shipping over $75 and they are Canadian....I buy from them all the time

Avery 04-07-2010 07:12 PM

rockauto has good prices , but the brokeage fees wont be worth it

autopartsway has what i wanted listed at 454$ + tax each and anywhere in the states is 210 for the exact same part ....

thanks for the try , anyone else?

IMASA 04-07-2010 07:19 PM

I've used these guys before, www.importrp.com and they have USPS priority express.

TypeRNammer 04-07-2010 07:46 PM

Have it shipped to point roberts?
Posted via RS Mobile

Avery 04-07-2010 08:00 PM

is their company's that ship from point roberts to canada? i cant drive my truck so it needs to be shipped fairly quickly

Eff-1 04-07-2010 08:10 PM

contact tsb shipping. see if they can help.

store will ship ups to point roberts. tsb maybe can then ship from point roberts to you in canada, using usps.

TypeRNammer 04-07-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery (Post 6897216)
is their company's that ship from point roberts to canada? i cant drive my truck so it needs to be shipped fairly quickly

Even if there is express shipping from US to Canada, it's still going to take a while to get up here. I could be wrong though

Because when I ordered something down in the states to have it shipped upto canada by USPS express, it still took about 7 days to get here. Based on my experience.

Eff-1 04-07-2010 09:19 PM

ask a friend to drive you to the states. or borrow a friend's car. or even rent a car for the day.

drive down there, buy it, and bring it back.

StylinRed 04-07-2010 09:40 PM

packageexpress.com

u can ship to them (sumas), and they'll drive it over the border (bring it through customs etc) for you (think its like $40+ 10% of the taxes they have to pay), but they'll only bring it to their Abbotsford office (the owners house), you'll have to go there to pick it up (or u can get them to ship it to you through usps, but then you have to wait for the package to go from sumas to seattle to richmond to you... so it'll take time)