REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Highway 1 HOV Lane Suspended Nightly Until 2013 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/612347-highway-1-hov-lane-suspended-nightly-until-2013-a.html)

slow-fastback 04-20-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMASA (Post 6916026)
I've got no problems with the HOV lane, what's ghey is when they require you have 3+ ppl in the car.

which hwy are you talking about? hwy 1 HOV only requires 1 passenger or more

DsZ24 04-20-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slo-HONDAhatch (Post 6916275)
which hwy are you talking about? hwy 1 HOV only requires 1 passenger or more

I think hwy 99 is the only one that requires at least 3 people for the hov lane

Drift_Monkey 04-21-2010 02:04 AM

^ They changed it to a min. of 2 now and extended the steveston exit lane.

FN-2199 04-21-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift_Monkey (Post 6916436)
^ They changed it to a min. of 2 now and extended the steveston exit lane.

Awesome! That's great news for the two seater rides :D

Shun Izaki 04-21-2010 05:47 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSS

now i can take MAAAD tyte JDM lines through #1 hwy. /ricer

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-21-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor (Post 6916226)
and they should put more big signs everywhere on the highway that say

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT!!!!

goverment are either too cheap to put up the signs or too retarded to educate our ignorant drivers here

hotjoint 04-21-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

It wouldnt matter because alot of dumb drivers think they own the road and take up lanes and drive slow as fuck while being totally oblivious to whats going on around them

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-21-2010 08:27 AM

well now we will see dumbass drivers hogging up the HOV lane after 7pm

as soon as they merge, QUICK! lets get into the furthest left lane so i can be a turd

fliptuner 04-21-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

It should actually read: KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS

no one thinks they drive slow

Phat_R 04-21-2010 08:54 AM

I can't believe the Trans Canada #1 is only two lanes wide in Vancouver. Should be like five

Mugen EvOlutioN 04-21-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 6916638)
It should actually read: KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS

no one thinks they drive slow

if they are pedaling to the metal than no they are not driving slow, i can live with that

DsZ24 04-21-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

I've seen a few of those signs on the hwy when heading up to the okanagan, but none near the lower mainland.

fliptuner 04-21-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DsZ24 (Post 6916869)
I've seen a few of those signs on the hwy when heading up to the okanagan, but none near the lower mainland.

They're there, in the GVRD, just fairly old and small.....and never enforced - that's the real issue.

1990TSI 04-21-2010 11:54 AM

it's about time! the problem though, as already mentioned, is it's just anotherlane for elderly people to clog up. I don't drive it as often as most of you, but I notice that the middle lane is faster than the carpool lane from 7-10pm.
A lot of people didn't care that they belonged in the slow lane, because they have a passenger they have their own special lane!!!!!!

bah

jlenko 04-21-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6915295)
I always use the hov lane to get by slow ass drivers clogging up the regular lanes but once I'm passed them then I get out. I see people who are by themselves just sit in there and rip it

I like to call the cops on fucktard cheaters like you. The lines are solid for a reason.

Quote:

Signs like that won't help... People just don't seem to understand.

If anything... "keep right except to pass" like the US has. It's the law, they ticket people going slow in the fast lanes.

Now... are the solid lines still being enforced? Because if you enter or exit that lane across a solid line.. you're just as likely to get nailed.

fliptuner 04-21-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6916910)

If anything... "keep right except to pass" like the US has. It's the law, they ticket people going slow in the fast lanes.

Now... are the solid lines still being enforced? Because if you enter or exit that lane across a solid line.. you're just as likely to get nailed.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Solid lines - probably not. I highly doubt people get tickets for going in and out of the HOV over solid lines.

Fuck, in SD, Ca. they have 4 rows of reflectors the whoooole way down the interstate for the HOV and it's a huge fine to cross over.

DsZ24 04-21-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1990TSI (Post 6916908)
it's about time! the problem though, as already mentioned, is it's just anotherlane for elderly people to clog up. I don't drive it as often as most of you, but I notice that the middle lane is faster than the carpool lane from 7-10pm.
A lot of people didn't care that they belonged in the slow lane, because they have a passenger they have their own special lane!!!!!!

bah

I see that all the time too, it pisses me off. People think just cause they have 2 or more people in the car that they have to be in the hov lane. So they go driving along below or right at the speed limit messing up the flow of traffic. Maybe every 5 years when people go to renew their license there should be a written test of common sense driving questions.

hotjoint 04-21-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6916910)
I like to call the cops on fucktard cheaters like you. The lines are solid for a reason.

:) I havent seen anyone get nailed for going over a solid line on the highway. My buddy got ticketed for that in Cali though :D

boibuddha 04-21-2010 01:51 PM

I wouldn't think the solid line would be enforced. I've seen sections where the line doesn't break even though there is an exit nearby. Police can't expect people to take the next exit because the line was solid.