REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-automotive-chat_13/)
-   -   What the fuck Toyota why ????? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/612440-what-fuck-toyota-why.html)

NashMan 04-21-2010 07:44 AM

What the fuck Toyota why ?????

i really don't under stand Toyota some times I really don't

http://jalopnik.com/5521080/toyotas-...nto-the-solara

blackgxp 04-21-2010 08:01 AM

haha.. camry coupe already!!

FS1992EG 04-21-2010 08:10 AM

I believe Toyota is wrong about attracting 30-40 year old buyers is the worst move they could make as a company. The AE86 has a huge cult following and if Toyota fails to make the ft86, they'll probably be the most boring japanese automaker.

Honda made the cheap reliable civic and it's been the back bone of Honda for years and years to come, that's what I think the Ft-86 can be for toyota.

T2Small 04-21-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FS1992EG (Post 6916603)
... they'll probably be the most boring japanese automaker.

That ship sailed a long time ago. Toyota? Yawn.

NashMan 04-21-2010 12:10 PM

^ it sailed and sunk

i like toyota alot but really stop maken bull shit

there Tacoma is huge now just about the size of the first tundra

the list goes on

if they ever were to release the supra again or what ever i bet it would be the biggest pile of boring shit

Z3guy 04-21-2010 12:48 PM

this shit happens when you let the marketing and finance fucks run the show.....I am assuming the people making the decisions at Toyota are not car guys.......when you stop listening to customers and car enthuisasts and rely on focus groups (people getting paid) and market data research you make cars like the Aztec.

When Bob Lutz took over Ponitac look at the all the kool enthusiast cars that were coming out of Ponitac......

Super Dipper 04-22-2010 03:39 PM

good ol toyota. keep on ruining their name.

twitchyzero 04-22-2010 08:14 PM

at least we still have some hope with the subaru engine, no?

orange7 04-23-2010 12:04 AM

at least they made the LFA.

oh well in the end they are going to lose, not us

NashMan 04-23-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Dipper (Post 6919563)
good ol toyota. keep on ruining their name.

I believe what your saying is completely true, but that doesn't let Toyota off the hook for giving the government a reason to force a recall of their product. No other car company seems to have fucked up throttle by wire and gas peddles in general as bad as Toyota has. That and Toyota sewed the seeds of there own demise when they decided to target their sales to a demographic of people who do not want to think or do for themselves. I remember a commercial years ago where they were welding the hood shut on a Camry saying that it's so reliable it doesn't even need maintenance. Is it any wonder that some owners don't even know how to turn off their own cars. Then they tried to beat GM at their own game when it was clear that GM had no business plan to speak of. Selling less cars for more profit is always better than selling more cars at a loss. In 2006 when I read that Toyota would give up profits to pass GM in total sales, I thought to myself "What is Toyota racing GM towards, bankruptcy?"

As far as problems with the GX460, luxury SUVs will always have problems with rollovers. A high frontal center of gravity, tall sticky tires, and soft suspension tuning being driven by clueless retards (currently Toyota's main demographic) will always create catastrophe.

Great68 04-23-2010 07:50 AM

My dad wanted me to look at some used '09 RAV's they had at Metro Toyota the other day.

Holy crap what a boring vehicle. From the exterior looks to the interior. I just about passed out from boredom just looking at it.

shenmecar 04-23-2010 08:59 AM

Wasted..........................

m1ataman 04-23-2010 09:44 AM

It's funny but everytime Toyota unveils a new model they hope will interest younger drivers, 50+ year olds end up buying them. I agree, they need to inject some excitement or they'll go the way of Oldsmobile when all their supporters end up too old to drive. The Tacoma is the only cool vehicle in their line-up and it's a truck for crying out loud!

NashMan 04-23-2010 11:05 AM

i find the new tacoma to be pile of over sized shit it pretty much the same size as the first gen tundra just about

it's too big

they should have 3 truck in there line up small truck like the 3 and 4th gen

then they would have the hole truck market covered

Enraged 04-23-2010 07:12 PM

noone buys small trucks anymore ryan. ford is ditching the ranger, chevy is ditching the sonoma/whatever its called...

genesis195 04-24-2010 05:05 AM

To be honest. toyota makes some pretty interesting and good cars, but those cars are only for the Japan market. I think we're deprived of off the goods, and Toyota just sells to us the boring cruddy stuff.

I was looking forward to this FT86, now I'm just looking forward to how harsh its' gana fail. Their research team made a big error I think. Honestly people in their 40's, at least to my knowledge, wont' be going around and modding their cars... They have other things to worry about... like a family..

They had it right the first time. Price range was "affordable", performance was good and the target group. But nurfing the engine for fuel economy and raising the price so u can aim to a group that probably will opt for other cars that are more "practical". Toyota, really now? They had a very focused car and aimed it at a good market. why would they eff it up for themselves!

It makes me, a toyota owner, super mad.
They really need to bring back the good old days.

Enraged 04-24-2010 08:48 AM

they need the ft86 to be priced below the genesis coupe, then it would sell like mad.

NashMan 04-24-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enraged (Post 6921609)
noone buys small trucks anymore ryan. ford is ditching the ranger, chevy is ditching the sonoma/whatever its called...

ranger is pile of junk but there going to keep the Mazda wich is the same just diching one of them

the callarado far as i know is still going to be made