REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Peri peri sauce! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/614170-peri-peri-sauce.html)

AutozamAZ-3 05-08-2010 01:32 PM

Peri peri sauce!

I love Nando's. I eat it everyday... It's like they put crack in their sauces or something. But eating Nando's 1-2 times a day is really burning a hole in my pocket, does anyone know where I can buy peri peri sauce to marinate my own chicken? Nando's doesn't sell it on it's own and costco doesn't sell it. Any ideas?
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 05-08-2010 01:35 PM

I've got a great idea. Next time treat a lady friend to nando's and make sure she brings a huge purse with her.
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 05-08-2010 03:33 PM

You used to be able to buy their peri peri sauces in store and I've bought them in save on as well.

LiquidTurbo 05-08-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 (Post 6943836)
I love Nando's. I eat it everyday... It's like they put crack in their sauces or something. But eating Nando's 1-2 times a day is really burning a hole in my pocket, does anyone know where I can buy peri peri sauce to marinate my own chicken? Nando's doesn't sell it on it's own and costco doesn't sell it. Any ideas?
Posted via RS Mobile

Here's what you do.

Option.1 You'll have to keep eating Nandos for another month. When you get take out keep asking for extra Peri Peri sauce. You can save up a stash that way.

Option.2 Alternatively, you can plan a get together where everyone gets Nandos chicken, you do the pickup for the chicken.. then ask for loads and loads of extra Peri Peri sauce packets. Profit.:D

Here's the last option.

Use GOOGLE!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Nandos-Medium-Peri-Peri-Sauce-125ml/dp/B0001590NW

tiger_handheld 05-08-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 6944110)
Here's what you do.

Option.1 You'll have to keep eating Nandos for another month. When you get take out keep asking for extra Peri Peri sauce. You can save up a stash that way.

Option.2 Alternatively, you can plan a get together where everyone gets Nandos chicken, you do the pickup for the chicken.. then ask for loads and loads of extra Peri Peri sauce packets. Profit.:D

Here's the last option.

Use GOOGLE!

Nando's Medium Peri-Peri Sauce 125ml: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

i would've kept the last option to myself, and sold it to OP at 12.99/bottle.

that is what i call PROFIT !!

Senna4ever 05-08-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 (Post 6943836)
I love Nando's. I eat it everyday... It's like they put crack in their sauces or something. But eating Nando's 1-2 times a day is really burning a hole in my pocket...

Too much of that sauce burns something else of mine the next day! :p

bd0n 05-09-2010 12:27 AM

homemade stuffs better, i think its just marinated in olive oil, garlic, chili paste and a little wine and salt, but i could be wrong.

AutozamAZ-3 05-09-2010 08:42 AM

Hmm seems like online is the only option. Thank god for eBay.
Posted via RS Mobile

AutozamAZ-3 05-09-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bd0n (Post 6944440)
homemade stuffs better, i think its just marinated in olive oil, garlic, chili paste and a little wine and salt, but i could be wrong.

Yep don't forget the piri piri too ;)
Posted via RS Mobile

vitaminG 05-09-2010 12:11 PM

Umm did you even look anywhere other than costco? They sell that sauce everywhere, IGA def sells it, and im pretty sure other grocery stores do too.

Also piri piri is the name of the sauce not one of the ingredients. Just use some common sense and google it, the fucking second link is a recipe how to make it.

AutozamAZ-3 05-09-2010 07:16 PM

^umm Piri piri is a type of chilli google master. Yes, I am aware of how to use google. Do you make ranch dressing at home or do you buy the kraft bottle? I don't have time to slave away at the kitchen making everything from scratch.. Neither do I have time to go do a scavenger hunt to all the grocery stores in the lower mainland. The ones I frequent don't sell them.
Posted via RS Mobile

jdc430 05-22-2010 02:39 PM

Peri Peri sauce is just Portuguese hot sauce. Basically mean chili pepper.

The official Nandos sauce is sold at Save-on Foods. I know the Ironwood location in Richmond used to stock it.

Jermyzy 05-22-2010 07:05 PM

I bought a bottle from Save-on-Foods in Richmond on Ackroyd last week, so they have it for sure...having said that, even if they didn't, there is a Nando's just across the street :p

vafanculo 05-22-2010 09:43 PM

Lol cause of this thread I asked a friend who works at nando's for some peri peri sauce... And she delivered. Must have given me over 100 little packets. I gotta increase my chicken intake now
Posted via RS Mobile

Crowtservo 05-23-2010 08:39 AM

I got a bottle at Home Sense a while back for like $2. Wish I had grabbed a bunch 'cause I used it up pretty quick.