REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Looking for DDIN Install Shop for E46 BMW (https://www.revscene.net/forums/615252-looking-ddin-install-shop-e46-bmw.html)

02'topaz 05-20-2010 11:32 AM

Looking for DDIN Install Shop for E46 BMW

Hey Guys,

I've done searches on the site and come across tons of good advice regarding shops (and sponsors) people like for their audio needs. Looking to get SPECIFIC feedback regarding a DDIN install for E46 BMWs and what peoples experiences have been locally. Asking because the install isn't as straight forward as with most cars since the heater core behind the dash has to be modified and thus more room for screw ups during the install...

I've gathered up all the parts needed for my Avic-Z110BT DDIN install including the Janus Install kit for addressing the heater core cutout issues. This is supposed to make the install a lot easier since the parts don't have to be custom fabricated saving tons of time and hassle.

Just wondering what your personal experiences with local shops have been in terms of install? I know it's quite a bit of work to cut out the heater core and really want the job done properly so I don't run into any issues. At the same time, the quotes so far for install, including backup cam, steering wheel integration, and SatRadio has been crazy (again I have every single part needed including wiring harnesses, antenna cable, steering module, etc). I'm pretty DIY savy and there are some awesome guides posted on the site but I just don't feel comfortable messing with that much electrical.

At the same time what is a realistic price to be paying for this install?

Would be great to hear of first hand experiences you guys have had!

Places that I've inquired with so far are Visions (heard good things about the imperial location in Burnaby) and Audiolines. Prices were very similar and considering Audiolines is a pretty high end shop, I'd prefer to go there over Visions since the pricing was similar...

Will soon be inquiring with SoundsGood Auto Services and Soundworks.

Feedback is greatly appreciated on any of the above shops and any others with price estimates if possible!

Many Thanks

Mugen EvOlutioN 05-20-2010 11:42 AM

cant go wrong with soundworks or soundgoods

either one works

jpark 05-20-2010 02:29 PM

cartunes maybe?

Cman333 05-20-2010 02:56 PM

*waves*

We've done tons of those. Requires you to relocated the heater controls below where the pocket is and then you need to custom build the double din kit and modify the center heater vent behind the heater controls.

Definitely not an easy install.

02'topaz 05-20-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cman333 (Post 6959700)
*waves*

We've done tons of those. Requires you to relocated the heater controls below where the pocket is and then you need to custom build the double din kit and modify the center heater vent behind the heater controls.

Definitely not an easy install.

PM sent!

02'topaz 05-20-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downhiller88 (Post 6959674)
cartunes maybe?

Will inquire, Cheers!

Leopold Stotch 05-20-2010 04:18 PM

Mike at Sounds Good Auto

by day he installs audio components into vehicles by night he donates orgasms.

ShyGuy 05-20-2010 05:04 PM

can't you use the OEM relocation kit? Because the stock e46 navi in the M3 is double din. People usually just buy the relocation kit.

02'topaz 05-20-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyGuy (Post 6959821)
can't you use the OEM relocation kit? Because the stock e46 navi in the M3 is double din. People usually just buy the relocation kit.

Yep! That's the easiest part actually. The HVAC unit just pops right in. It's the heater core behind the dash which is what requires the main work :(.

02'topaz 05-20-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch (Post 6959779)
Mike at Sounds Good Auto

by day he installs audio components into vehicles by night he donates orgasms.

Haha thanks, will definitely be giving him a call once finals come to an end in a weeks time but was hoping for some 3 series owners with personal experiences! I've posted in BMW specific forums as well but they don't get much traffic for the BC section...