REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Tuned R35 GTR's vs Veyron video (https://www.revscene.net/forums/615406-tuned-r35-gtrs-vs-veyron-video.html)

1exotic 05-25-2010 08:18 PM

Another stock Z06 vs Modded FD thread in the making?

btw here is the video link since the other one got removed:

Apparentley the R35's are actually 730hp not 850 or 800 when I read about it at first...

hotong 05-25-2010 09:23 PM

damn sounds so nice

ajax 05-25-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthehalfbee (Post 6965327)
I have seen a lot of threads/videos where a GT-R has been beaten by a modified Mustang or Camaro. You can sum up all of the comments into 5 basic statements:

- You had to run a highly modified "Mustang/Camaro" to beat a stock GT-R. Stock vs stock the GT-R would've killed it.
- It needed 2 extra cylinders and mods to beat the stock GT-R.
- Sure it's fast in a straight line, but wait until it gets to a corner.
- It has a shitty interior.
- It's still a POS Ford.

So now I use the same arguments the GT-R fans use against domestics and apply them to the GT-R/Veyron race and people get so bent out of shape.

You can read pages and pages of comments and you'll have to look very hard to find a GT-R fan that gives credit to a car like a Mustang that beats it. So why do I have to give credit to a GT-R that can almost hang with a Veyron? They didn't accomplish anything special at all - there are a ton of cars that can do that and for half the cost of a GT-R.

A person who mods up a Civic or Mustang and proceeds to beat a Porsche will take satisfaction in winning, but they would never think their car is as good as a Porsche or Ferrari. GT-R fans believe, I mean sincerely believe, that the GT-R is in the same class as a Ferrari or Lamborghini, and with a few bolt-ons even the Veyron.

This is the difference between GT-R fans and "regular" car fans.

Oh, and jackal, I'm still waiting to hear about some cars you've built and what types of engineered solutions you've come up with. Or is all your knowledge "book" based?

Really? Reallllllllyyyy? It's a fucking almighty 1000hp, four turbos that will suck you in, using a full tank of gas in 12 minutes at top speed Veyron. There aren't many sub-$100k cars that can hang with it. And you're on a forum which is dominated by import drivers. Obviously the GTR will be favoured over a Camaro/Mustang/etc etc. Why don't you go to vancouvermustangs if you want to feel the love for domestics?

If this race was a Camaro/Mustang against the Veyron, I'd be just as impressed.
It's not only that it's a GTR racing the Veyron, it's that the race is so apples vs oranges that it makes it impressive.

Redlines_Daily 05-25-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajax (Post 6965101)
... If all racing was the way you described it, it would be boring as shit.

LOLOLOLOL:haha:

xpl0sive 05-28-2010 10:26 PM

hah i was expecting this to be in dubai... nice to see that its actually in russia. that veyron looks sick with the windows smoked out.... and the silver skyline looks like its got some kind of nitrious injection... shooting out blue flames lol

jpark 05-28-2010 11:59 PM

soo sickk

SpuGen 05-29-2010 03:18 AM

I'm waiting for the Rotang Clan in FC to jump into this argument, and tell you guys why the FD is superior to all.

You know. That Final Fantasy guy and his minions that he brought from some RX7 Forum.

orange7 05-29-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 6969727)
I'm waiting for the Rotang Clan in FC to jump into this argument, and tell you guys why the FD is superior to all.

You know. That Final Fantasy guy and his minions that he brought from some RX7 Forum.

haha.. so true

HongKongG 05-29-2010 09:10 PM

Its still a Bugatti.