REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Accutane - Acne problems (https://www.revscene.net/forums/615411-accutane-acne-problems.html)

DavidNguyen 07-29-2010 08:57 PM

oops double post

DavidNguyen 07-29-2010 09:03 PM

i feel like this is my last resort. so im wiling to put up with the side effects.
might not work as well for me because i do plan to have a few drinks every saturday

Okami 07-29-2010 11:55 PM

my acne was utter shit b4 i took anitbiotics, used those presciption creams and proactiv.. all that shit.. didnt really work.. was still breaking out like crazy.. i was taking antibiotics twice a day..

recently i was running out so i reduced it to once a day and instead switch a dose of antibiotic with a shit load of vitamins

and now instead of prescription creams and proactiv i use clinique acne solutions

the clinique helps slowly keep my oily skin in check as well was slowly remove the old scars from the past frequent breakouts.. now my skin has looked as good as it as in ages. and i didnt even need to take alot of crazy meds..

the vitamins are the biggest help.. if i skip a day i break out..

i take 3 of the jameison's omega-3 capsules (as per directions)
10000iu vit a
4000iu vit e
50mcg zinc
some shitty zellers multi vitamin
and vitamin b75 complex

i dont know what is actually helping but something is working

it may seem like alot but i dont get the hair thinning and dry eyes/lips that seem to come with accutane..

my liver is probably gonna be fucked up later though XD

ImportXxX 07-30-2010 12:38 AM

ImportXxX 07-30-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNguyen (Post 7048891)
i feel like this is my last resort. so im wiling to put up with the side effects.
might not work as well for me because i do plan to have a few drinks every saturday

how old are you now if you don't mind me asking???

DavidNguyen 07-30-2010 03:43 AM

im 24. had acne since 13 or so
looong time

johny 07-30-2010 09:22 PM

I think it fucked my joints up

SuperSlowSS 07-31-2010 08:34 PM

My face looked like shit before... doc prescribed it to me. I actually bought a pack. But for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to taking it. I just suffered with my fucked up face for a very long time...until I kind of grew out of it. Life is tough when you don't even want to look at yourself in the mirror....but I rather that than take accutane. Just too much possible side effects for me. Oh I don't even recommend antibiotics...unless maybe it is topical.

If you have acne problems.. be strong, find other ways! I just use olay total effects (with uv protection).

ImportXxX 07-31-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNguyen (Post 7049228)
im 24. had acne since 13 or so
looong time

is it really that bad to use accutane?? i had it around that age..worst was in highschool but it'll slow down...sure i get one here and there once in awhile..but it's usually due to stress and lack of sleep..try not to think too much and stress yourself out..drink lots of water and excersize helps too

jmvdesign 08-05-2010 12:12 PM

just go for it. it's not that bad.

I finished Clarus 10mg for 3 months and did 40mg for 1 month recently and my skin looks great. I still have a couple of packs of the 40mg but I don't even need to finish it anymore. I spent probably around $50 altogether with my benefits taking the majority of the expense. Even my scars are gone and haven't grown a zit in 2-3 months. I did deal with chapped lips, occasional nose bleeds and dealt with sore joints but it was all tolerable. All in all, I'd rather deal with the side effects and get my self-confidence back as opposed to just sitting back and being tormented with zits.

JV6 08-05-2010 02:32 PM

i used it about 7 years ago, i noticed the dry lips also but this product works wonders!

sunny_j 08-05-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny (Post 7050102)
I think it fucked my joints up

I took accutane about 8 years ago and now I have joint pain as well. I wonder if there is more to it or just a coincident
Posted via RS Mobile

DavidNguyen 01-09-2011 11:53 PM

So I took this stuff for two months ( aug2010 till oct1-2010). Wow this stuff works. First two weeks. Had flaky skin on my face, dry lips. I haven't broke out ever since. Some people do get depressed, not me. It made me angry a few times though.
Posted via RS Mobile

guddagudd 01-10-2011 10:59 AM

I know how Accutane gets rid of ACNE and and prevents future break outs. But does it get rid of previous marks/scars left by old ACNE?

DavidNguyen 01-10-2011 08:50 PM

i dont think it gets rid of scares/marks because i still have mine.
if you wanna get rid of those. i believe you need laser treatment. a friend was telling me this the other day

baggdis300 01-10-2011 09:08 PM

my mom got MADDD scars from sun damage while on accutane.

shes taking these other pills and the marks have lightened up from a darker brown, to a lighter red

shes litterly spent thousands in laser treatments(didn't work well)
but these pills are working real well. then again it is winter so the real test will be in the summer.. if anyones interested PM me and ill get more info from my mom

quasi 01-11-2011 07:54 AM

Wow, I took accutane for three years when I was in my teens. I've had so many stomach problems from my mid 20's it's not funny. I don't know if that's what caused it but seeing the commercial makes me say WTF!

PJ 01-11-2011 11:26 AM

I was seriously considering this.. but recently a friend of mine gave me this weird natural oil serum stuff that works really well. I never believed in those "all-natural" products, but apparently it's working. I am going to see my doctor in the near future and see what he has to say about supplements.

guddagudd 01-11-2011 01:09 PM

^ is it something like tree tea oil? I was kind of curious about trying that.

knight604 01-11-2011 01:31 PM

My doctor was hesitant to prescribe me Accutane, so he prescribed me keflex (antibiotic). Worked really well, almost cleared away all my acne.

What I found to work well is to put a clean towel over your pillow every night before you go to bed.

d1 01-11-2011 02:42 PM

I think people are confusing real scars with pigmentation. If your skin turned red/brown that is pigmentation and it will go away with time. Acne scars are usually indentations on the skin that do not go away even when the pigmentation is gone.

mpr 01-11-2011 03:00 PM

PJ 01-11-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guddagudd (Post 7260317)
^ is it something like tree tea oil? I was kind of curious about trying that.

No, it's something from Welax. The stuff's super expensive. He just gave me a tiny bit in an eyedropper thing. 150 ml is like $50-$100. But man, does this stuff work. I don't know if I can get myself to actually buy one of these little bottles, but so far, I'm convinced.

DavidNguyen 01-11-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggdis300 (Post 7259598)
my mom got MADDD scars from sun damage while on accutane.

shes taking these other pills and the marks have lightened up from a darker brown, to a lighter red

shes litterly spent thousands in laser treatments(didn't work well)
but these pills are working real well. then again it is winter so the real test will be in the summer.. if anyones interested PM me and ill get more info from my mom

she didnt follow the instructions. it says "stay out of sunlight." if u must be in sunlight protect your skin.

baggdis300 01-11-2011 11:23 PM

...my mom wasn;t out in the sun alot just while driving mostly.. .

even used SPF 60 sunscreen..and coverd skin/face