REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Broken Finger and still working (https://www.revscene.net/forums/615660-broken-finger-still-working.html)

RiceIntegraRS 05-25-2010 06:27 PM

Broken Finger and still working

I didnt know exactly where to put this so im posting this here.

I broke my right pinky finger recently and had to get a splint put on my hand. Im right handed, and i paint and prep cars for a living. I asked the Doctor/Surgeon if i can work or not so i can receive short/long term disability benefits since i need basically both my hands especially my right hand to do my work. She told me i had to go back to work which i was suprised to hear, then i asked her if i was aloud to take off the splint as i worked cause none of my tools would fit into my hand with the splint on. She told me I had to find a way to work.

My boss's, coworkers, and friends are all surprised that im working with only one hand basically and now my left arm has been over worked and now is kinda fucked from that. Was the doctor wrong for telling me to go back to work? I dont really know wat to do cause i need to work to pay bills and ill only take the days off if im getting paid to but since the Doctor basically wont sign off on it im kind screwed there.....

XtC_13aBy 06-07-2010 10:25 PM

A long time ago I had the experience of breaking/fracturing a finger too. Worker's comp only allowed me to be off work for a short time then I was back to work with the splint still on.. You will have to figure out a way to work around it and make sure your coworkers have it easy on you and let you do only the work you are capable of doing. Good luck and get better soon!

6793026 06-08-2010 09:11 AM

WCB will ask you to inform the employer and the health and safety committee should refer you to do less work intensive task until ur pinky heals.

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 06-08-2010 11:36 AM

was the injury from work or was it caused outside of work?

quasi 06-09-2010 07:15 AM

Fuck it, I'd work until my left shoulder was fucked and I can't work anymore then make a compo claim for that.

RiceIntegraRS 06-09-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 6984093)
Fuck it, I'd work until my left shoulder was fucked and I can't work anymore then make a compo claim for that.

that was the plan but my stupid shoulder ended up healing itself. anyways im basically healed up now so it was just a month of discomfort. Oh and the accident happened outside of work.

Phil@rise 06-16-2010 05:32 PM

go to a differnt doctor and get a second opinion