REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #35276
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
So what. It's not like Atlanta has been retaining their key players anyways either.
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #35277
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
mattsekeres: Malhotra not cleared to play. Stayed away from practice on doctors orders. (17 seconds ago from txt)

VanCanucks: Mike Gillis: Malhotra will be back with the Team tomorrow. He's cleared for contact, but we are taking it day-by-day and being patient. (52 seconds ago from Mobile Web)

benkuzma Gillis: "Manny was told it's best to stay away today. He hasn't been cleared to play, just for contact. He's still day-to-day,"

kenwardskorner: Mike Gillis says there's been no set-back for Manny Malhotra. Will be back with the team tomorrow. (1 minute ago from Twitter for iPhone)

sportsnetmurph: Club now saying Manny is still day to day and hasn't been cleared to play. I don't believe that's what the Canucks said a couple days ago. (19 seconds ago from UberSocial)

Probably a smart decision. There's absolutely no rush to slot him back in so fast regardless.
Maybe if Canucks get slaughtered first game, then there's actually a reason.
But that won't happen, so Canucks can bring Malhotra in at their own leisure.
As long as this isn't a setback, no worries then.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #35278
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
You just want me to come hang out with you I won't be leaving here until 1130 and still have to check in at the best western so don't know if I'll be done by 330/4???? And there could be anywhere from 8/9 of us to 15 or more
Posted via RS Mobile
so where y'all going then? haha
Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #35279
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
So what. It's not like Atlanta has been retaining their key players anyways either.
management cheap out on their spending for superstar talent and was given certain amount they are allowed to spend
Old 05-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #35280
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
management cheap out on their spending for superstar talent and was given certain amount they are allowed to spend

Quote:
Winnipeg's ownership inherits one of the most frugally-managed rosters in the NHL, one that cost Thrashers ownership just $41.7 million excluding performance bonuses last season. Only the stingy New York Islanders spent less.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367461
Old 05-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #35281
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
so where y'all going then? haha
lol.... y do you want to know

We are staying at Chateau Grandville so I'm thinking that new setup on grandville and robson will be closer than the CBC plaza? I don't know, I'll have to see what everyone wants to do. I have a buddy that's gonna be down from camp with some of his friends for ufc the next night and I'm sure those boys will want to party and I will too so maybe just a pub???

Recommendations please people

ps sorry if this was mentioned, where online can I buy that patch? My local place isn't selling it
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #35282
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

just emailed nhl about my patch order that i placed last Wednesday night...and they said that it's going to take 2-3weeks to process my order even when their site says item is located in stock =.="

i am pretty sure that it said only 5-10business days to process when i ordered it (now they are denying it)

that's probably why they took down the patch from their online shop
Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #35283
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post

ps sorry if this was mentioned, where online can I buy that patch? My local place isn't selling it
heard that you can buy the patch at Canucks Team Store for $24.99 + tax

however....I ordered my patch on nhl online shop for like 16bucks + tax and free shipping (just that now theres this lame 2-3weeks wait)
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #35284
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Vancouver, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks announced today that a Road Game Viewing Party, will be held at Rogers Arena for each away game of the Stanley Cup Final. Tickets for each Road Game Viewing Party will go on sale via phone and internet only on Friday, June 3 at 12:00 p.m. noon. Tickets are $10 each plus a handling fee per order and all net proceeds will be donated to the Canucks for Kids Fund. Based on availability, each household will be eligible to purchase a maximum of six tickets per game.

Fans can purchase tickets online at www.ticketmaster.ca/canucks, or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-855-523-6800. Fans are encouraged to buy tickets in advance and avoid long lineups at the Box Office by purchasing prior to the event and using the TicketFast option to print tickets at home. Tickets will be available at the Rogers Arena Box Office and Ticketmaster Ticket Centres as of Saturday, June 4 based on availability.

Fans of all ages are invited to attend this family friendly event which will include child-friendly activities such as face painting, Mini Minor hockey and more. Doors will open at 4 p.m. for a 5 p.m. puck drop as each game is broadcast from Boston.

All fans are asked to Celebrate Responsibly as the Canucks continue through the playoffs, looking to capture the Stanley Cup. Cheer loudly and wear Canucks colours, show respect for fellow fans, respect our neighbours and the property of others as you leave Rogers Arena and plan for a safe ride home. All guests entering Rogers Arena should familiarize themselves with our Conditions of Admittance and Code of Conduct guidelines as found at www.rogersarena.ca.

Those in attendance will also have the opportunity to purchase 50/50 tickets with all proceeds going to the Canucks for Kids Fund in support of BC charities such as Canucks Autism Network and Canuck Place Children’s Hospice.

Fans are encouraged to go to www.canucks.com for complete Canucks playoff coverage including daily photos, video, stories and schedules.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #35285
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,770 Times in 911 Posts
I think I might just buy the patches on eBay since I'm not in a rush considering it's significantly cheaper as well. Does anybody know if there are any stupid rules where stores are only permitted to sew them on during the finals or anything like that?

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #35286
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #35287
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,593 Times in 4,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Canucks get royally fucked. True North owns the Moose and will continue to own and retain the Moose AHL team for the Manitoba/Winnipeg franchise, .....
Thanks, man. That's about what I though and why I wasn't interested in a Winnipeg team - Canucks are waaaaay more of a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Which is exactly why the best way to do it although it's a bit too late now due to wait list is to get an icepack or season tickets.

I have Upperbowl 2 tickets this year and my Finals Game 2 tickets only cost $380 for the pair. If only I had Full Seasons =\
Sort of in the same boat now. I share 1/2 seasons in 2 different sections (one of them is a few rows down from your 321's). I would've came up and said hi when I saw you a couple of times but the girl you're with always looks mad...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I don't have a clue where I'm watching the game tomm. Work until 430 and if I go to my buddies I'm going to miss most of the 1st
I'll be going to Game 1 but if you come across the same problem during any of the other games, you're welcome to watch at my place since it's so close to your work.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #35288

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Thanks, man. That's about what I though and why I wasn't interested in a Winnipeg team - Canucks are waaaaay more of a priority.

Sort of in the same boat now. I share 1/2 seasons in 2 different sections (one of them is a few rows down from your 321's). I would've came up and said hi when I saw you a couple of times but the girl you're with always looks mad...lol

I'll be going to Game 1 but if you come across the same problem during any of the other games, you're welcome to watch at my place since it's so close to your work.
LOL don't worry she isn't actually mad so fee free to say hi next time. You probably rarely saw me this year though. Out of the entire Icepack I only attended 2 games this year and that was the Home Opener and the Nassy retirement game vs Tampa. I'll be at Game 2 though this Saturday.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #35289
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,590 Times in 4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Thanks for the offer man. I might take you up on that offer
Old 05-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #35290
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
heard that you can buy the patch at Canucks Team Store for $24.99 + tax

however....I ordered my patch on nhl online shop for like 16bucks + tax and free shipping (just that now theres this lame 2-3weeks wait)
I'm in Kamloops
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #35291
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,434 Times in 5,688 Posts
fuck only really interested in going to game 1 or 5 and the early start time pretty much prohibits me from going down and talking to scalpers, shitty

guess probably watch game 1 at home, it worked for the gold medal game and game 7 of the chicago series, and although theres nothing like the atmosphere of the game, rather watch it on 120" and surround than at a bar with a shitty TV in a corner
Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #35292
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
fuck only really interested in going to game 1 or 5 and the early start time pretty much prohibits me from going down and talking to scalpers, shitty

guess probably watch game 1 at home, it worked for the gold medal game and game 7 of the chicago series, and although theres nothing like the atmosphere of the game, rather watch it on 120" and surround than at a bar with a shitty TV in a corner
Try game 1 at pub, we're gonna win in 5 anyhow so that can be the one we're going to lose 1 game
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #35293
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
They made it official that Rogers Arena will be broadcasting away games... admission is $10.

I think I'll just go to at least one of these instead of shelling out $500+ for a home game.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #35294

I wonder if concessions will be open at Rogers Arena for the away games. It would be nice to be able to drink.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #35295
RS controls my life!

The Vancouver Canucks twitter said that the lower bowl will be sold first, upper bowl will be opened depending on demand. Seats will be assigned. Full concession services will be open.

Friday June 3rd @ Noon - http://www.ticketmaster.ca/canucks

http://twitter.com/#!/VanCanucks
Old 05-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #35296

Shitty deals, watching the screen from the lower bowl is like watching movies sitting in the lower section. I guess I'll pass for now.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #35297
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #35298
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
bish b rocking pavel bure's old #10 ?!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #35299
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I wonder if concessions will be open at Rogers Arena for the away games. It would be nice to be able to drink.
News outlets have been drilling that beer will be available to buy.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #35300
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
I wonder if they'll be any backlash from any of the Trasher players because they have to relocate from ATL to Winnipeg.
I guess it will filter out players who want to win and players who just are in it for the money.

You have to think moving to a franchise and having an owner with deep pockets will allow the new GM the freedom to build a contender. Instead of just moving through the paces and spending only the league minimum.
Closed Thread