REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/nissan-infiniti-tech-resources_312/)
-   -   Help removing r32 headlight bulb? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/617491-help-removing-r32-headlight-bulb.html)

DiiCii 06-14-2010 10:34 PM

Help removing r32 headlight bulb?

well, this may seem silly. Most headlight bulb changes i've done are mostly just twist and pull. and i found out that on my skyline, the passenger side headlight bulb is burnt out and i tried taking it out but it won't even budge:confused: i have the projector style headlights. theres some sort of cap that i could twist off right? and there's a gasket underneath it? well i took that out and the gasket is still on there so i don't know what's really the next step.. if anyone could provide some help that'd be greatly appreciated! thanks =)

diddy4 06-26-2010 03:52 PM

theres a copper coated bracket that doesnt looks attached to the bulb but it is....there is 2 screws on either side of the bul that are over top of the bracket....take those out and careful cuz its kind of spring loaded....should solve your issue

DiiCii 06-26-2010 10:14 PM

thanks for the reply :) i actually figured it out not too long ago after i posted xD it's weird how one side is a H1 and the other side is a H7 :confused: not sure if it's been previously modified or if it was originally like that..

DiiCii 06-28-2010 06:24 PM

don't need this thread anymore, it could be removed

R33Vspec 06-28-2010 07:26 PM

they don't really delete threads it just falls to the bottom...

silverbulletguy 07-01-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiiCii (Post 6992076)
well, this may seem silly. Most headlight bulb changes i've done are mostly just twist and pull. and i found out that on my skyline, the passenger side headlight bulb is burnt out and i tried taking it out but it won't even budge blue hid headlights i have the projector style headlights. theres some sort of cap that i could twist off right? and there's a gasket underneath it? well i took that out and the gasket is still on there so i don't know what's really the next step.. if anyone could provide some help that'd be greatly appreciated! thanks =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiiCii (Post 7006836)
thanks for the reply :) i actually figured it out not too long ago after i posted xD it's weird how one side is a H1 and the other side is a H7 :confused: not sure if it's been previously modified or if it was originally like that..

Kind of surprised me too, didn't know one was different from the other.

DiiCii 07-02-2010 01:23 AM

yeah it's weird.. i went to go get new bulbs and i asked them if they could sell them seperately, instead of 2 in a set. the people were confused too! he says he's done headlights on skylines before and neither side are different.. but on my car, the passenger side has a H1 and the driverside uses a H3C lol:confused: maybe i could just get another h1 adapter and replace the H3C one and also cut the wires and replace that with a H1 plug? i think im gonna go HID, what do you guys think of it?

ThatKoukiKid 10-18-2010 12:33 PM

that should work, replacing the H3C with a H1. HID's are pree nice, just dont get pulled for it.