REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   What happens when you go on a Macrobiotic Diet for 11 years? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/618520-what-happens-when-you-go-macrobiotic-diet-11-years.html)

SkinnyPupp 06-28-2010 07:17 AM

What happens when you go on a Macrobiotic Diet for 11 years?

This.

The Macrobiotic diet is based on "...eating grains as a staple food supplemented with other foodstuffs such as vegetables and beans, and avoiding the use of highly processed or refined foods..." (source: wiki. Go ahead and find a better if you want, I'm pretty sure this wiki is legit)

Not a troll post, just a heads up in case you read somewhere with misinformation that humans are supposed to eat mostly grains, vegetables, and beans rather than meat and fat with vegetables and maybe a bit of grains (if any at all). :thumbsup:

LiquidTurbo 07-01-2010 12:28 AM

Could this be a problem of simple deficiency of Vitamin D and Calcium? (regardless of diet)

hal0g0dv2 07-01-2010 10:01 PM

w0w, i was talking to someone about this yesterday, and he cut out most of his carbs and has never felt better and his back pains have gone away
crazy

saucywoman 07-02-2010 09:18 AM

I see my trainers cut out carbs before their competitions and they seriously seem to have no brain cells; you can't have a good convo with them, they're spacey and forget things, and just so ditzy lol
I wouldn't want to be completely carb free, but maybe that's just me.

SkinnyPupp 07-02-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 7011985)
Could this be a problem of simple deficiency of Vitamin D and Calcium? (regardless of diet)

I'm sure it's a number of things to do with her lifestyle, I was just being :troll:ish ;)

I read another interview with her, where she talked about her diet regime for Iron Man 2. A protien bar in the morning, a 90 minute workout, a glass of wheat grass juice, and some beans for dinner. What the fuck if that were true, she'd probably die from gross overtraining and malnutrition. Now a bunch of idiots are going to read Us Weekly or whatever, and think that is how you look like Gwenyth Paltrow in Iron Man 2.

LiquidTurbo 07-02-2010 10:38 PM

She's screwed. Bone density in women builds then peaks at the age of about 35, then slowly decreases till death. No amount of rehab, sunshine, could restore her bone density levels to levels of if she had proper nutrition all along.

Gnomes 07-04-2010 05:04 AM

The key is balance

Jackygor 07-09-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 7015481)
The key is balance

+1

Culverin 07-14-2010 09:27 AM

Article said she stayed away from dairy.

We learned in elementary school that dairy is required because it provides both calcium and vitamin D, essential for building strong and healthy bones.

Did she skip that class?

Girl 07-18-2010 01:20 AM

Good post. Everything in moderation is key. What happend to common sense?

IF you eat it, it makes you feel bad, stop. Eat a bit, not a lot. Simple. Geez.