REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   CCFL Angel Eyes - Projector Headlights (https://www.revscene.net/forums/618604-ccfl-angel-eyes-projector-headlights.html)

Kaito1412 06-28-2010 11:35 PM

CCFL Angel Eyes - Projector Headlights

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me how the projector headlights work? I am thinking of getting a pair of aftermarket headlights off ebay (link).

How does it actually work?

1) Will the CCFL Angel Eyes Projector Headlights only work for lowbeam? Does it work with DRL too? (for Mazda 3, the DRL is running on the highbeam)
2) What would be the colour of this CCFL Angel Eyes Projector Headlights? I've seen white / blue-ish colour from these pictures but I am sure that those are just the colours they put to catch people's attention. Is it the same colour as your stock Halogen/whatever halogen lights you have installed?

PS: I tried to ask these sellers the above questions. Apparently, most of them did not quite answer my questions.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciated it.

!Aznboi128 06-28-2010 11:40 PM

1) depends on how you wire them up
2) it'll be bright white, much more "white" then your stock halogen

side note chances is these are pretty poor quality thus giving you a horrible cut-off and a lot of glare to the on coming cars.

if you want to have a perfect hid setup, buy a set of tsx projectors and replace it with what the oem. Although I must say this is illegal, you do risk being pulled over.

and 225 is a lot to pay for those

Kaito1412 06-29-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 7009276)
1) depends on how you wire them up
2) it'll be bright white, much more "white" then your stock halogen

side note chances is these are pretty poor quality thus giving you a horrible cut-off and a lot of glare to the on coming cars.

if you want to have a perfect hid setup, buy a set of tsx projectors and replace it with what the oem. Although I must say this is illegal, you do risk being pulled over.

and 225 is a lot to pay for those

Thanks for your reply,

In that case, regardless of the colour temperature of my halogens (yellow), these CCFL will convert it to white? In other words, for my lowbeam, there would be no trace of yellow-colour at all?

I was thinking of getting the non HID one from link. What do you think?

Cheers,

!Aznboi128 06-29-2010 02:24 PM

honestly that's quite a bit to pay you can easily add some ccfl if you want to your oem lights it's not hard to do

check bcmazda3.com for more details a lot of good people on there to direct you the right way

jordan_lin 07-19-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaito1412 (Post 7009769)
Thanks for your reply,

In that case, regardless of the colour temperature of my halogens (yellow), these CCFL will convert it to white? In other words, for my lowbeam, there would be no trace of yellow-colour at all?

I was thinking of getting the non HID one from link. What do you think?

Cheers,

the ccfl is just on the angel eye ring. it has nothing to do with the color of the high beam or low beam. it's essentially another light inside the headlamp so you have to decide how and when you want it on. if you want white light then you need to put HID inside the projector. BUT, those projector headlight on ebay has bad light output, so not a good idea to go for it.

retrofitting a good projector with angel eye ring is a better way to go. it would have great and blue cut off line, good light pattern, and output.