REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   Spongy Clutch - Integra (https://www.revscene.net/forums/618621-spongy-clutch-integra.html)

JDM_DC2 06-29-2010 08:38 AM

Spongy Clutch - Integra

I have a 2000 integra gsr and ive been noticing that after i drive my car for about 20-25 minutes i start noticing a weird spongy sound and feel on my clutch pedal when i press it down. The sound starts when the clutch is about half way down and goes until the pedal is on the floor. Ive tried doing a clutch bleed and it hasn't helped at all. It almost feels like something needs to be greased or a spring of somesort is malfunctioning. For the first 20 minutes of driving its great and the clutch engages fine.

Clutch Specs:
Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch - Installed 70,000 kms ago and still feels great
Flywheel was sharpened at the time of install
Input bearings were also replaced at the time
Clutch Slave cylinder was replaced 25,000 kms ago and i greased it myself before installing.

Any ideas?

Phil@rise 07-06-2010 10:14 AM

Could be a noisy clutch master

BoS_DC2 07-06-2010 11:56 PM

has your clutch master ever been replaced and or is it leaking?

JDM_DC2 07-07-2010 09:07 AM

it hasnt been replaced, but i keep a close eye on my clutch fluid checking it everyday and the amount hasnt changed. Ill do a closer inspection on the cmc this weekend everyone i ask keeps saying thats a possibility. its so strange that the noise only starts after 20 minutes of driving, and if i turn the car off for 10 minutes and start driving again its fine and doesnt make a noise for a while.

Puck Luck 07-07-2010 08:05 PM

another common squeaky area is the clutch release bearing fork pivot. That's in the bell housing

BoS_DC2 07-09-2010 12:19 PM

look inside your cabin at the clutch master and see if it's leaking at all from there. heard it's bad for your paint :$

Stealth1 08-03-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck Luck (Post 7020209)
another common squeaky area is the clutch release bearing fork pivot. That's in the bell housing

This is likely where your noise is originating. Probably needs a little grease on the pivot ball.

sil_fourty 08-16-2010 02:21 AM

Have you checked your clutch linkage inside the vehicle? If it were a leak you'd have noticed a drop in fluid level. If the seals in your clutch master were shot your clutch wouldn't be operating properly, same goes for the slave. Only other thing I can think of is the spring steal you're pressure plate is made of has been damaged by overheating. Considering you;re running a Exedy its pretty unlikely.

Check your linkage.

Gearheads EK9 08-19-2010 11:39 PM

Can you describe the spongy sound?