REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Sa Bo Hot Pot (https://www.revscene.net/forums/618739-sa-bo-hot-pot.html)

imagohp 06-30-2010 05:23 PM

Sa Bo Hot Pot

Does anybody know whether this place is still in business? I've tried to call them several times but nobody answered the phone. :blushsmile:

hsh4 06-30-2010 06:26 PM

the one on alexadra beside twinkle 2?

imagohp 06-30-2010 07:01 PM

that's the one.

Tim Budong 06-30-2010 07:17 PM

they closed

imagohp 06-30-2010 07:38 PM

Ah ...darn!!!!

TRDood 06-30-2010 08:00 PM

i haerd sun tung kee ckosed too. i believe they belong to the same owners.
Posted via RS Mobile

imagohp 06-30-2010 08:06 PM

Any other good all you can eat places?

q0192837465 07-02-2010 12:23 PM

good riddance. The last time I ate there I threw up like 3 times after I went home.

fatty cow & fatty lamb r much better alternatives

hal0g0dv2 07-02-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7011672)
i haerd sun tung kee ckosed too. i believe they belong to the same owners.
Posted via RS Mobile

that place has been closed for a while now

hotong 07-02-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q0192837465 (Post 7013781)
good riddance. The last time I ate there I threw up like 3 times after I went home.

fatty cow & fatty lamb r much better alternatives

isn't it chubby lamb

Culverin 07-02-2010 09:09 PM

how is the selection/service @ cow compared to lamb?

Lamb has never let me down, but cow seems so much smaller, I haven't dared venture in.

hsh4 07-03-2010 06:50 PM

ive been to hkyk hotpot on no.3 rd across from richmond acura a few times and the food is decent

hotong 07-04-2010 10:58 PM

is there any decent hotpot places in burnaby?

BinsentoW 07-05-2010 12:44 AM

are there any decently cheap places around still? I dont care if the selection is limited as long as there is beef and maybe lamb.
Sa bo had the cheap late nights before :(

q0192837465 07-05-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotong (Post 7013979)
isn't it chubby lamb

yes it is, i forgot the name when I posted. Either way it's still fat. hahaha

There's a new all u can eat hot pot on Kingsway & Joyce. Across from the plaza with the London Drugs. I forgot the name but it's blue. It says "fruit bar" in HUGE chinese character. It looks kinda shady but I feel like giving it a try.

winson604 07-05-2010 04:20 PM

Then there's always Chubby Cow on Vic and 34th that's pretty decent.

jackmeister 07-05-2010 04:25 PM

so why did both restaurants close?

TOS'd 07-05-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7014235)
how is the selection/service @ cow compared to lamb?

Lamb has never let me down, but cow seems so much smaller, I haven't dared venture in.

Ive only been to Chubby Lamb once and it was pretty good overall. But I've been to Fatty Cow countless times, since it's just so close to my house. Really, they are pretty much the same. One slight difference, I think(been awhile since I went to Lamb), is that Lamb has 2 for $1 pop while Cow has 1 for $1.

These two places are owned by the same people though, right? I thought I remember hearing that.

_TiDy_ 07-05-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7017270)
Ive only been to Chubby Lamb once and it was pretty good overall. But I've been to Fatty Cow countless times, since it's just so close to my house. Really, they are pretty much the same. One slight difference, I think(been awhile since I went to Lamb), is that Lamb has 2 for $1 pop while Cow has 1 for $1.

These two places are owned by the same people though, right? I thought I remember hearing that.

Chubby Lamb has unlimited pop for $1. I prefer Lamb to Cow, the soup base seems better to me? They are not owned by the same people, I asked one of the people who worked at Lamb since that was what everyone was saying.

Also, stay the FUCK away from HKYK, I had the WORST experience eating hotpot there. Chubby Lamb was packed full so a few of my friends and I decided to try HKYK. fucking sucked so hard, it took so long to receive our first round that our soup base dried out and had to be re-filled twice! Non-existent service as well, every time we tried to get their attention, they would just look away and do something else. To add to that, we obviously left no tip on our way out, the head cashier lady ran out after us asking us why we didn't tip, we told her the reasons and all she said was oh ok and went back inside, no apology at all. FUck that joint.

Zyzz 07-05-2010 10:46 PM

sun tong kee closed because all the rich hk people went back to hk, or they used up all their money. And the mainland china people are not too much of a of fan of sun tong kee.

it was never that cheap to begin with, nowadays only "spring autumn" hotpot is the decent non-ayce hotpot in vancouver

TRDood 07-05-2010 11:00 PM

wat about garden city hot pot? i think they do a pretty good job.
Posted via RS Mobile

Zyzz 07-07-2010 02:45 PM

ewww

after all the cooks and employees left garden city hotpot, their food went downhill so bad. And it wasnt even that good to begin with.

bigzz786786 07-30-2010 05:46 PM

how come chubby lamb has been closed for a while now?

TOS'd 07-30-2010 06:38 PM

^ holiday or something, i remember walkign by their place and they had this sign on their door.

6793026 07-31-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _TiDy_ (Post 7017480)
Also, stay the FUCK away from HKYK, I had the WORST experience eating hotpot there. Chubby Lamb was packed full so a few of my friends and I decided to try HKYK. fucking sucked so hard, it took so long to receive our first round that our soup base dried out and had to be re-filled twice! Non-existent service as well, every time we tried to get their attention, they would just look away and do something else. To add to that, we obviously left no tip on our way out, the head cashier lady ran out after us asking us why we didn't tip, we told her the reasons and all she said was oh ok and went back inside, no apology at all. FUck that joint.

To tell you the truth, i like HKYK because they have a great range of soup base and they have all these stuff (desserts and misc items) u dont' get at other places.

I did have a funny story.

I ate at HKYK with my client. two of us had all you can eat so that's 45 dollars already (unique soup base), we order tons of desserts and some "fried fish skins" our bill came to 90 dollars for two people so it was decent. We had a few pieces of meat left that we cant' finish. the OWNER came up when we wanted to bill and says: "you need to finish this or else I am going to charge you"

Since my customer was there, i decided to play a game.
Me: "you're going to charge me with 2 pieces of beef and some veggies?
Owner: "yeah, you have to finish it or else we have to charge"
Me: "OK, i'm really full, so sure, please charge me, can you tell me how much you're charge me?"
Owner: "No, what i mean is, just eat it and I won't charge you"
Me: "NO, my client here is really full, I WANT you to charge me, how much will it be? 10 bucks? 20 ?"
Owner: ".............., errrr, i guess 8 bucks"
Me: "OK, i approve that you may charge me 8 bucks"
Owner: * speechless

Owner came back saw the bill. 2 people all you can eat was like 32 dollars, but our bill was close to 90 bucks. she said: "oh, I didn't charge you for the extra food"

what a pussyyyyy, i wish they would have charged me. i wouldn't care, and I woudl love to see what it show sup on the bill.