REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Scam or not? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/619430-scam-not.html)

Skyos 07-09-2010 12:53 PM

Scam or not?

this is the e-mail i recieved. what do you guys think?

Hello,

My unit it's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems, no damages or hidden defects, no need for additional repairs, clear title without any accidents. I have all the unit manuals, all the documents and papers. It was always garaged and the price is CAD $3,400.

I`m a single mother with 2 children.I've divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this unit, i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.

My unit is at the shipping company in Hamilton,Ontario.
Because I always use 100% safe methods, I tried to stop the listing on Buysell and I've sent the unit through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Halifax Nova Scotia. I paid all the shipping fees from my unit and when eBay requested the payment to be made, the buyer refused to pay because he didn't had full amount. Now I have the unit in eBay's hands and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer.
I will use eBay`s protection program for our safety because I am affiliated there with a
protection account of $20000.I will send you the unit and you have 5 days inspection
period,before you decide to buy it.If for any reason you reject the unit I will pay the
shipping back to my location.The unit will be delivered at your home address full registered in your state and under your name.
Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
* Full Name,
* Full Shipping Address (First name,Last name,Shipping Address,City,Postal Code),
* Phone number.

I will get everything started immediately.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to this e-Mail if you don't have the amount available, or if you don't intend to be serious.

P.S. Please don`t forget to send me your info!

Best Regards !
Johanna Paz :)

Greenstoner 07-09-2010 01:08 PM

do a little search and you can find
http://www.fightthescams.com/2010/06...ster-cad-3100/

Presto 07-09-2010 02:00 PM

People are fucking retarded, which is why these scams are still going. Seriously, I'm going to start taking down names of all the people that make these posts, asking whether it's a scam or not. I'm going to take those names, and then give it to people who try to sell me on the latest acai berry, smart water scheme, etc..., and get a referral fee for a sure sell.

Not really racist! 07-09-2010 02:01 PM

:facepalm:
how the fuck do ppl stil fall for this

Jsunu 07-09-2010 02:05 PM

If you have to ask, it is a scam......

optiblue 07-09-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsunu (Post 7022546)
If you have to ask, it is a scam......

:thumbsup:

orange7 07-09-2010 03:07 PM

sounds like a scam to me.

I'd be rather be safe than sry. There are plenty of other ones out there. Just be patient and keep searching.

GLOW 07-09-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyos (Post 7022463)
I've sent the unit through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Halifax Nova Scotia. I paid all the shipping fees from my unit and when eBay requested the payment to be made, the buyer refused to pay because he didn't had full amount. Now I have the unit in eBay's hands and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer.

ebay is just a site to list stuff online, and take no part in transactions or handle the merchandise. this in itself is already a lie

Grim 07-09-2010 04:29 PM

retardation...
to the MAX.......

jpark 07-09-2010 04:54 PM

r u fucking kidding me

R-kOO 07-09-2010 08:22 PM

so what ......... is she selling
this "unit" sounds interesting .. maybe ill buy it if i know what this UNIT is

orange7 07-09-2010 08:23 PM

wat car is it?

CP.AR 07-10-2010 12:39 AM

it's funny because I've messed around with some of the scammers before, god people have to be blind and/or illiterate to bite onto these scams, because the scammers themselves are dumb shits to begin with.

No offense OP... but if it feels fishy, it probably is.